Working on Build Sheet - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-05-2019, 01:16 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 5.0TA 2019
Working on Build Sheet

Our final build sheet is due on the 20th, so we are down to the final decisions. We have heard some concerns over the Power Awning not working well, but we wonder if the 'arms' on the Manual Awning restrict latching the door open. I would appreciate any suggestions or comments. Thank you.
Craig.Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:56 PM   #2

Trailer: 2019 21- Escape
Minnesota is starting to have a fairly large contingent of Escape owners! My brother and his wife who live in Apple Valley MN and my wife and I, Minneapolis, will be picking up our 21'ers in May. My brother went with the manual awning and I went with the power. You will find opinions all over the map on this topic. Different people use the awning in different ways. Read the different threads on the topic. There is no right or wrong way to go. Get what you think will be best for you.

Good luck and have fun with your new 5.0!
firstpug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 02:00 PM   #3

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
I think ETI switched several months ago to a new entry door that only opens about 90 degrees and has a built in mechanism to latch it open in that position, so it should not conflict with the awning arms on the manual awning.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:52 PM   #4

Thank you. That explains why I saw someone post that they do not like the new 90 degree door. Perhaps they needed to do that due to the manual awning?
Old 03-05-2019, 02:54 PM   #5

Thank you! I am terrible at navigating the site. Is there a search word that works to find those conversations? I have not been able to find much.
Old 03-05-2019, 03:20 PM   #6

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig.Kathy View Post
Thank you. That explains why I saw someone post that they do not like the new 90 degree door. Perhaps they needed to do that due to the manual awning?
They have gone through several variations of door trying to find the perfect one....originally was a standard door that swung all the way open and had a latch on the side of the trailer to secure it in the open position. Then they switched to one with a tensioned hinge that was fairly tight and supposed to stay open on its own, but it apparently had some issues. Now the new 90 degree door...the search for the perfect trouble free door apparently continues.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:25 PM   #7

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA / 2018 GMC Canyon/Duramax
Quote:
Thank you! I am terrible at navigating the site. Is there a search word that works to find those conversations? I have not been able to find much.

Click on "Search" drop down and use the Google search. Try variations such as Awning, Power Awning, Manual Awning etc.
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 05:52 AM   #8

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Our final build sheet is due on the 20th, so we are down to the final decisions. We have heard some concerns over the Power Awning not working well, but we wonder if the 'arms' on the Manual Awning restrict latching the door open.
We picked up our 5.0 TA on October 26 and are now entering our fourteenth week camping. The arms will NOT be in the way if you decide to remove the shock for the 90 degree door to latch the door fully open. Living in Minnesota, camping in the rain is a reality. We have already sat outside in the rain twice, once all day and haven't even camped in rainy Minnesota yet (we live in the wettest part of Minnesota). Having owned thirteen previous campers, this is by far the easiest manual awning to deploy we've ever had.

Also, we have the 90 degree door and are happy with it.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 03-06-2019, 08:19 AM   #9

Thank you! From pictures, it looks like the rear arm of the manual awning obstructs the back passenger side window when the awning is not extended. Have you found that to be an issue?
Old 03-06-2019, 10:04 AM   #10

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
No arms, no poles, no obstructions with the power awning and awning windows. With the manual awning you may want to consider conventional sliders which have the divider in the middle, just about where the awning pole is located, one less obstruction.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:41 AM   #11

Trailer: Scamp 2006 sold, 21 Escape on Order
We are from Rosemount Mn. We love the power Awning pick up our 21 in May 2018
Butlerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:23 PM   #12

Trailer: 2017 19' Escape "Cattyshack"
We have a 2017 19' with the power awning and it's worked flawlessly for the past 2 years. It's so easy to just put it out a little or a lot. The wind sensor has closed the awning a couple of times which is what I would want. I do take a portable blower along to blow any leaves off before closing it, although it tends to shed them pretty well when closing.
NCopp is offline   Reply With Quote