Canada Travel Permit for Americans - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Paper Escape
Old 06-16-2015, 10:51 AM   #31
Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
In Kansas they also require a visual inspection and verification of the VIN on a vehicle. And after they do, they relieve you of a nice, crisp 20. My hopes are to get a temporary tag to take with me to Chilliwack. We would like to go back into Canada. Talked to Barb yesterday and set up our orientation for Sept. 10. Also booked a storage place for the trailer. Sent the check and build sheet a month ago so the only things left are the insurance and tags of which the Kansas DMV can be a very sticky situation to deal with. Starting to get excited. Oh, and I need to make a reservation at some campground around Sumas. And take ETI their Kansas flag. Loren

Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:07 AM   #32
Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
We are being told that there is a travel permit purchase requirement for Americans if travelling in Canada with the trailer. $29 CAD per day for BC or $215 for 15 days. Does anyone know about this?

We will not be in BC for long but expect to be in Alberta for a while and Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Is anyone paying for such a permit when crossing the border? Thank you.
Yes, this is to be paid, in cash, directly to me.

J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote