Clarifying/Solidifying Delivery Cost - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Paper Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-10-2015, 08:26 AM   #21

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Cost of delivery is included in almost everything you purchase, check the invoice on your new car, it is there. Any new trailer will have shipping cost included in the price sent to a dealer. Without a dealer network this item is passed directly to you. Unless this has changed, 2-3 units on a delivery will reduce your final cost. Also do not forget these prices are in Canadian money, which is about 25% higher than US$$.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:31 AM   #22
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
You often get what you pay for. A gal in my hometown ordered a brand new Scamp. Had it delivered by Scamp. It was towed behind a pickup! By time she saw it, the front was chipped up, tires had several thousand miles on them, inside was disheveled, etc. She refused delivery! Back to Scamp the trailer went. Scamp sent out a brand new one on a flatbed the next time. So... pay attention if you're having a trailer delivered. Don't assume.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 11:19 AM   #23

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandTeresa View Post
I just went back through my email with Escape and found the following response that I received on August 3rd about delivery charges: "The cost for delivery to Goshen, IN is $3,000cdn regardless of how many trailers are on the truck. This is a regular route for the delivery company as they often travel to Goshen every three weeks. " So I'm still counting on paying that for delivery, hopefully.
Cpaharley, according to this, it has changed. Cost regardless of how many trailers are on the truck.

And a much bigger cost than you paid, is it not? And that is to Goshen.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 11:55 AM   #24

Trailer: Escape
We paid $1200 CDN for the 19' delivered to Goshen, IN in August, 2013.
As DONNA D. stated : "So... pay attention if you're having a trailer delivered. Don't assume. "
The table was on the floor with the hardware side down, scuffed the floor and cabinets. The Maxx fan roof vent was in the full open position. Check the trailer over if one is considering tipping the driver.
Jubal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 02:53 PM   #25

Trailer: Escape 19
This summer right before mine was scheduled for completion and delivery the price went up. I think it was 1.50cnd per mile for about 2500 miles. I wasn't thrilled with increase but realize ETL is not the delivery company. If I had been able to go get the trailer, I would have, but that was not an option. So I just paid the extra.

Delivery is a expensive option. But for me there was no way around it.

"Not all those who wander are lost.." JRR Tolkien
56reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 03:26 PM   #26

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Now you've got your rig, having fun with it I hope and had fewer miles on it and your tow. Never look back. In fact, I advocate taking the rear views off, I know the world is behind me. J.K.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 05:20 PM   #27
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
You often get what you pay for. A gal in my hometown ordered a brand new Scamp. Had it delivered by Scamp. It was towed behind a pickup! By time she saw it, the front was chipped up, tires had several thousand miles on them, inside was disheveled, etc. She refused delivery! Back to Scamp the trailer went. Scamp sent out a brand new one on a flatbed the next time. So... pay attention if you're having a trailer delivered. Don't assume.
It's true you get what you pay for, but in this case I'll bet Scamp hired someone to haul it on a bid basis - like in the reality TV show "Shipping Wars" - and the winning bidder used a truck instead of a flatbed trailer.

At least with Escape, you KNOW it will be shipped on a flatbed and not towed.
Old 10-10-2015, 05:47 PM   #28
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
At least with Escape, you KNOW it will be shipped on a flatbed and not towed.
Yep, I only mentioned it because folks sound like they're looking into different delivery methods. Don't assume! Or, like in the Scamp case, it could turn out to be an expensive lesson (or in Jane's case... time consuming).
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 05:53 PM   #29

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Shipping wars

Rbryan,
Although we all know the reality shows are heavily scripted, considering how much most of us like our Escapes, , can you imagine the inspection upon delivery if one of those clowns delivered Escapes? They would be paying Escape owners and be out of business shortly. If it was real!
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 06:01 PM   #30

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
I am pretty sure there were Escapes towed for delivery, not on flatbed.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 03:43 PM   #31

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
I just got some clarification from Escape on the delivery cost. Whereas the previous delivery cost to Goshen used to be $3000 CDN, their shipper recently increased that to $4000 (per trailer on the truck). In addition that that, if you are having it delivered to your home, it is now $2/mile, and there is no longer a discounted per mile rate if there are multiple trailers on the truck. So I guess that settles that.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 05:52 PM   #32

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
$3000 to $4000, equals the current exchange rate.
Old 11-13-2015, 06:08 PM   #33

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandTeresa View Post
I just got some clarification from Escape on the delivery cost. Whereas the previous delivery cost to Goshen used to be $3000 CDN, their shipper recently increased that to $4000 (per trailer on the truck). In addition that that, if you are having it delivered to your home, it is now $2/mile, and there is no longer a discounted per mile rate if there are multiple trailers on the truck. So I guess that settles that.
At the cost of $4,000 to have it delivered, is there some reason that you cannot pick it up yourself? If it is work, consider the following. I drove from just north of Tampa, FL, to Ferndale, WA (about 1 hour from Chilliwack) in 4 days, and could have towed it back in 5 days if necessary. Add a day for orientation and delivery that would have been a total of 10 days. And Tennessee is a day closer to Chilliwack, which would cut the time to 8 days. Granted, it would be a marathon trip and not a lot of fun, but between motels, gas, and meals, you would probably save $2,500 in delivery fees for two weekends and a workweek in between. Yes, you would use a week of vacation time but perhaps weigh it against how long it would take to earn $2,500 after taxes are taken out.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:25 PM   #34

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Take a second person and you can drive non stop in maybe 2 days out and then relax coming back.
Old 11-13-2015, 09:05 PM   #35

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Probably got $900 in gas approx 5000 mi rt, that leaves about $2500 for dining accomodations, etc. Think I'd figure out a way to get a nice trip for that kinda $$.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 11:02 PM   #36

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Last time I had to do traffic school was around 1980. Still remember the off-duty CHP officer stating the first rule of defensive driving: "Is the trip necessary?"

Bombing out & back to save a few thousand bucks may or may not be worth it in the long run.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 06:13 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Last time I had to do traffic school was around 1980. Still remember the off-duty CHP officer stating the first rule of defensive driving: "Is the trip necessary?"

Bombing out & back to save a few thousand bucks may or may not be worth it in the long run.
I've personally never heard that "rule." One CHP officer stating his own opinion, perhaps. That statement could be applied to almost any use of a motor vehicle. Is it really necessary to drive to the grocery store? Pay someone to deliver them. Is it necessary to drive to work? Take a taxi or a bus. Or walk. The first rule of defensive driving should be to find a way that actually works to keep the substance impaired drivers off the road as they are the cause of more accidents than any other group. It would seem that the legislatures, the courts, and the policing agencies (including the CHP) have failed miserably. Furthermore, statistics indicate that the majority of accidents occur within a couple of miles of one's home. An individual "bombing out & back" to save a few thousand bucks is no more likely to be involved in an accident than one who dawdles out and back. Every time you climb into the driver's seat you are placing a bet that you will climb out unharmed at the end of your trip. I fail to see why a marathon trip, if done wisely (stopping or switching drivers when fatigue sets in) is any different. Long haul truck drivers do it all the time. And the OP seems to be somewhat concerned about the cost associated with delivery.

And let me conclude by asking "is any camping trip once you have the trailer really necessary?"
Old 11-14-2015, 08:35 AM   #38

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
I've personally never heard that "rule." One CHP officer stating his own opinion, perhaps. That statement could be applied to almost any use of a motor vehicle. Is it really necessary to drive to the grocery store? Pay someone to deliver them. Is it necessary to drive to work? Take a taxi or a bus. Or walk. The first rule of defensive driving should be to find a way that actually works to keep the substance impaired drivers off the road as they are the cause of more accidents than any other group. It would seem that the legislatures, the courts, and the policing agencies (including the CHP) have failed miserably. Furthermore, statistics indicate that the majority of accidents occur within a couple of miles of one's home. An individual "bombing out & back" to save a few thousand bucks is no more likely to be involved in an accident than one who dawdles out and back. Every time you climb into the driver's seat you are placing a bet that you will climb out unharmed at the end of your trip. I fail to see why a marathon trip, if done wisely (stopping or switching drivers when fatigue sets in) is any different. Long haul truck drivers do it all the time. And the OP seems to be somewhat concerned about the cost associated with delivery.

And let me conclude by asking "is any camping trip once you have the trailer really necessary?"
Hi: C&G in FL... The greatest majority of accidents happen within one mile of home... I think "Driveway" camping may be best!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 10:51 AM   #39

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post

Calm down- that's right; if you're not on the road you will not be in an accident.
Blaming the CHP courts, etc. are you kidding? It's no secret that at least in these parts law enforcement takes a zero tolerance attitude towards DUI.

"Bombing out" implies a quick trip to fetch a trailer. A good rule for anyone with any common sense is to never be in a hurry towing a trailer.

Lastly-comparing a professional long-haul trucker to an RV driver is a great example of apples to oranges.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 11:03 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Calm down- that's right; if you're not on the road you will not be in an accident.
Blaming the CHP courts, etc. are you kidding? It's no secret that at least in these parts law enforcement takes a zero tolerance attitude towards DUI.

"Bombing out" implies a quick trip to fetch a trailer. A good rule for anyone with any common sense is to never be in a hurry towing a trailer.

Lastly-comparing a professional long-haul trucker to an RV driver is a great example of apples to oranges.
I did not blame the courts or the CHP; I merely said that impaired drivers are the biggest cause of accidents and a large majority of them are repeat offenders so my statement that the courts, etc. Abe not doing enough is right on. And comparing a long haul trucker to an RV driver is not comparing apples to oranges. Both have driver licenses and many have logged hundreds of thousands of miles in their lifetimes. Some drive both. There are bad truck drivers as well as bad RV drivers. And there are good ones also. Do not be overly sensitive; I wasn't criticizing you. Some people can handle a marathon drive, others cannot. Again, the OP seems concerned about delivery cost. I was not trying to talk him into doing it; I was only suggesting an alternative.