Clarifying/Solidifying Delivery Cost - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Paper Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2015, 11:09 AM   #1

Trailer: 2016 21
Clarifying/Solidifying Delivery Cost

Hi Guys,

For those of us without trailers yet, ETI has clarified their delivery costs :

Delivery Schedule

Which is good news. Personally, I don't like unknowns.

The bad news, of course, for us 3000 miles away from ETI is an additional 15 - 20 %(C$ 6000 for me in NC) of the cost of the trailer.

It's getting easier to lobby the Wife for the cross country trip.

I had not seen this change/clarification discussed on any thread, and it appears to be a recent change(Sept. 29th), so just thought I'd let everyone know.

Thanks.

Bill_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:21 AM   #2

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_75 View Post
Hi Guys,

For those of us without trailers yet, ETI has clarified their delivery costs :

Delivery Schedule

Which is good news. Personally, I don't like unknowns.

The bad news, of course, for us 3000 miles away from ETI is an additional 15 - 20 %(C$ 6000 for me in NC) of the cost of the trailer.

It's getting easier to lobby the Wife for the cross country trip.

I had not seen this change/clarification discussed on any thread, and it appears to be a recent change(Sept. 29th), so just thought I'd let everyone know.

Thanks.
Hummm ... If you gave me the choice between spending the extra $4,645 (USD) for delivery or having that available to spend on a cross-country trip with a new trailer, I know what I'd do.

Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:22 AM   #3

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
Actually I'm even more confused now. I thought that the per mile delivery charge was only if they were delivering to your home. My understanding at the time that I ordered was that if it was one of their standard delivery runs (ie, Goshen Indiana), that there was a flat $3000 delivery charge, no matter how many trailers were on the delivery truck. Is that no longer true? If not, that is really going to stink. Because I had definitely not planned on a $5-6K delivery charge.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:30 AM   #4

I just went back through my email with Escape and found the following response that I received on August 3rd about delivery charges: "The cost for delivery to Goshen, IN is $3,000cdn regardless of how many trailers are on the truck. This is a regular route for the delivery company as they often travel to Goshen every three weeks. " So I'm still counting on paying that for delivery, hopefully.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:39 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Hummm ... If you gave me the choice between spending the extra $4,645 (USD) for delivery or having that available to spend on a cross-country trip with a new trailer, I know what I'd do.
Poor response. Obviously not everyone can make the trip !
Consider having the trailer delivered to Goshen, IN and pick it up there. We estimated that the cost of pickup from Goshen would be over $2000 USD in 2013 and recent trip confirmed our estimate. We live within 15 miles of Goshen if you need help as a backup plan.
Jubal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 04:17 PM   #6

We are in that boat, would love to drive to Chilliwack and pick up our trailer, but in our case, it would be not be an enjoyable trip at all due to still working. So paying them to deliver to Goshen and us pick it up there is definitely our preference at this time.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:46 PM   #7

Trailer: 2016 21' Classic
Cool

I am also in that same boat. Driving to Goshen is about a 7-8hr drive for me. Who knows: maybe I'll hit the Lottery between now and June.
titanizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 04:56 PM   #8
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Both of my Escapes were shipped to York,Pa and the costs were split with other owners on the same shipment. In fact, one had not ever owned a trailer and drove up to York to take delivery. We then headed to a local cg where I was able t show them the in/outs of their new unit. Great fun had by all. So think of delivery as an adventure.....you will be having more afterwards.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:26 PM   #9

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
Poor response. Obviously not everyone can make the trip !
Consider having the trailer delivered to Goshen, IN and pick it up there. We estimated that the cost of pickup from Goshen would be over $2000 USD in 2013 and recent trip confirmed our estimate. We live within 15 miles of Goshen if you need help as a backup plan.
I would not personally label this as a poor response. It was a personal preference no different than should I pay $50,000 for several implants or just get dentures. Or should I buy a new or preowned trailer. Or should I buy a $25,000 Escape or an $18,000 Scamp. I drove from Florida to Ferndale Washington in under 4 days, and could have made it back, towing, in 5 days. I wouldn't pay $6,000 for delivery; I would search for another option. Perhaps find an RVer who is retired who would be willing to make the trip for a lot less.
"What a long, strange trip it's been....."
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 07:09 PM   #10

Trailer: Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
I would not personally label this as a poor response. It was a personal preference no different than should I pay $50,000 for several implants or just get dentures. Or should I buy a new or preowned trailer. Or should I buy a $25,000 Escape or an $18,000 Scamp. I drove from Florida to Ferndale Washington in under 4 days, and could have made it back, towing, in 5 days. I wouldn't pay $6,000 for delivery; I would search for another option. Perhaps find an RVer who is retired who would be willing to make the trip for a lot less.
So,did you miss the second sentence ? Not everyone can make the trip for one reason or another .

Jubal is offline   Reply With Quote