Delivery time - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2012, 09:06 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Delivery time

Well, it has been a long 8 weeks since I first spoke with Escape re: ordering a new 19'. Originally I had planned on driving out in 4 and back in 6 days to pick it up in Chilliwack from here in Pennsylvania. Since then another delivery came about to the East coast so my trailer is being delivered to Raleigh, NC, about 6 hours away. Between the cost of gas estimate and the fires out west, I think this was the best option. It is expected to be completed 7/9.
My question to those who had deliveries, how long did it take from the date it was completed before delivery. Particularly to those in Texas, which distance is probably 2/3 of what it will be here, but it will give me a starting estimate day. If you are 2000 miles, did it take 4 days, 5 days or what?
Thanks for any help.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:20 AM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Re: Delivery time

Hi: cpaharley2008... It's really hard to plan the ETA as I know from past ones that safe delivery is paramount in Tammys instructions for the driver. You don't want a slightly roasted or melted trailer I'm sure. Once the load is on the road I'm certain Tammy will email you with a fairly accurate ETA. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie p.s. Almost hot enough to boil an "EGG" here.
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014

We had our delivered to Saulte St Marie, Ont and it took the driver seven (7) days of drive time. It was early May and there were a number of snow days on his cross Canada route, not sure how those affected timing. There probably will only be a single driver so he/she will be restricted as to drive time.

I think coming across the US, which I assume they will do, will speed driving time. Google the drive time on Google maps and divide the total drive time by 11 to get the number of days. In the US the driver can only work 70 hours in 8 consecutive days, that rule may add another day to transit time.

Who is the shipper? Let It Ride Carriers?
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:35 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Braun
We had our delivered to Saulte St Marie, Ont and it took the driver seven (7) days of drive time. It was early May and there were a number of snow days on his cross Canada route, not sure how those affected timing. There probably will only be a single driver so he/she will be restricted as to drive time.

I think coming across the US, which I assume they will do, will speed driving time. Google the drive time on Google maps and divide the total drive time by 11 to get the number of days. In the US the driver can only work 70 hours in 8 consecutive days, that rule may add another day to transit time.

Who is the shipper? Let It Ride Carriers?
I do not know the shipper, the driver is named Dave-the number of hours is 46-48 so 5 days is the correct estimate? So that would mean the 14th if they leave on the 9th.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:22 PM   #5

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19

Although I am in TX I had mine delivered to SO Cal with another unit. IIRC the drive time was about 2 1/2 days. As Paul mentioned the drivers are limited by hours but also remember that time is money to these guys so they will make it you ASAP. Once on the road Tammy or the trucking company will give you a good estimate to time.

Steve
2019 Chevy Silverado RST 1500, 5.3L
sjnuss is offline   Reply With Quote