Escape referrals…. - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Paper Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2014, 11:40 AM   #21

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
I made sure to tell Escape about the two people who showed us their trailers. In both cases they needed to make time in their day to show it to us -- in one case we needed to drive a short way with the owner to the place the trailer was stored. I know it's not true for everyone, but a lot of people would be hesitant to buy such an expensive item without seeing it. I'm sure Tammy and Reace are glad that so many people are willing to show theirs. It's a whole lot cheaper than anything else they could possibly do to advertise the Escape. It's going to be our living space and not only would we be showing it but since we're not meticulously neat, I'm sure we'll alway need some time to straighten things up before I let anyone in. We wouldn't want people to get burnt out on showing it so having the financial incentive is to my way of thinking, important.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:55 AM   #22

Trailer: 21 ft November 17th
We have showed our 19 several times. Have had a couple of pleasant cheques from ETI. I have no problem taking a few minutes of my day to show off our trailer, the referal program is what I would consider a pleasant thing ETI does. If a few slip through the cracks so be it.
dave macrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:12 PM   #23

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: emers382... I hope you like "Black Olives", cause that's what my RV Tech. put in!!!
As for giving Jim Bennett a "Wobbly Pop"... I don't want to contribute to "Juvenile Delinquency". See you on the 28th. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Juvenile? Alf, you say the nicest things to an aging (though still moderately young) guy. The delinquency part is just a well know fact. LOL
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:30 PM   #24

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
I wasn't asked when I placed my order, but a week or so later I found the card and brochure Dave&Kathie had given me when we pestered them for a few days at a rally. I emailed that referral info to Escape and they responded they had added the referral to my order file.
Thanks Charlie!! We enjoyed showing you the 21. We know what a big decision (and investment) it is. I really think it helps to have an 'in person' experience.

D&K
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:46 PM   #25
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-breaker View Post
..... Keeping a list of showings and sending it to Escape for them to check against their sales seems a bit excessive to me. .....
And... you do realize my comment is less about money and more about ETI marketing their product through referrals... right? I've known Reace and Tammy since before they built the first Escape trailer....
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:23 AM   #26

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: All... The very best advert... is"Word of mouth"!!! We came late into the world of Escape, and it was via a referral. Tammy gave me the phone # of the folks who brought the first 5.0 east of the Rockies. We made a date to see their new trailer, and were so impressed with it when the chance to own it came to me the following year, I JUMPED ON IT!!! It had been in storage since we looked at it and was only 8 months old. I figured the best we could do for ETI was to get out and camp in it.
As far as referrals go I've lost track of the numbers. Any people that ETI sent to view our 5.0 and bought an Escape... we were rewarded. Those who came to look out of curiosity were all welcomed too. A 5.0 in a WalMart parking lot can still draw a crowd!!!
Our 5.0TA will be used in the same manner and shown to all who care to look. It's the best thing we can do for Reace& Tammy and ETI. Alf
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:24 AM   #27

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
And... you do realize my comment is less about money and more about ETI marketing their product through referrals... right? I've known Reace and Tammy since before they built the first Escape trailer....

No problems Donna. I just took what you wrote at face value. I know that sometimes things don't appear in print with exactly the same meaning as what was intended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
...I'm going to have a guest book and if it sounds like someone who's viewed my trailer is REALLY interested, I plan on sending the viewers name to ETI. I'm proactive and am also creating my own personal business card to hand out.

I prefer to believe most people are honest, but this would be easy to forget. I plan on "helping" them. YMMV

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 01:56 PM   #28

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17B
Very dedicated user group promoting a well designed and well built product. Pretty much what sold me on ours.
Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 03:35 PM   #29

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Came home from a trip to find two envelopes from Escape! One showing was almost two years ago.

My favorite story is a gentleman that followed us for 6 miles to see an Escape for the first time. Ended up splitting that one as he had previously had a phone call with another Escape owner( get me on that list please). I personally never expect that a check will arrive after showing. Had one person ask point blank what was in it for me to be taking the time in my driveway.
Old 06-16-2019, 04:51 PM   #30

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I hear you Ross, while I do it for fun it is an unexpected pleasure when you get a check.

I did just recently ask ETI to remove me from the list, way too many changes from 5.0TA #6 in 2014 and the new style trailers.
Old 06-16-2019, 05:01 PM   #31

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
I hear you Ross, while I do it for fun it is an unexpected pleasure when you get a check.

I did just recently ask ETI to remove me from the list, way too many changes from 5.0TA #6 in 2014 and the new style trailers.
Good, send them down to me. I'm approaching close to 2 dozen over past 7 years.
Old 06-16-2019, 05:05 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Came home from a trip to find two envelopes from Escape! One showing was almost two years ago.

My favorite story is a gentleman that followed us for 6 miles to see an Escape for the first time. Ended up splitting that one as he had previously had a phone call with another Escape owner( get me on that list please). I personally never expect that a check will arrive after showing. Had one person ask point blank what was in it for me to be taking the time in my driveway.
Hi: Rossue... My mantra is always "Never hatchet your counts before they chicken". Alf
Old 06-17-2019, 02:24 PM   #33

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:

Yes, however the floorplans are essentially the same. Our heater is under a dinette bench whereas they are now in the drawer stack on a 21 for example. Also many Gen1 owners have likely had them for some time and can share that experience. I like to just let them go in by themselves and then ask questions if they have any.
Old 06-17-2019, 03:02 PM   #34

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:

I still show my 2017 21 even though I've made so many modifications that I spend more time saying "this isn't stock" than just answering the usual questions. I've also showed the 21 to 17 & 19 prospective buyers; many just want to see an Escape made fiberglass trailer, and spend some time talking with an owner.

I've never pushed for referrals, although I have received a few checks from Escape.
Old 06-17-2019, 05:02 PM   #35

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I still enjoy showing my trailer to potential buyers. I enjoy helping them learn more about and Escape and my experience with them. I have got to know a fair few of these folks further because they did buy, and all were nice people.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 08:11 AM   #36

Trailer: E 21 2019 Tow Vehicle: 2019 4Runner Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Good, send them down to me. I'm approaching close to 2 dozen over past 7 years.
I am pretty sure we'd of never bought an Escape trailer if we hadn't seen yours in York over 6 years ago.
Telescopist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 08:31 AM   #37

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Think I looked at 3 of Jim's before I bought, going back to the Lance, or is it one of the Lances? Now if I were like Jim, he'd have gotten 3 referral checks, but I've only gotten the one trailer.
Old 06-26-2019, 08:37 AM   #38

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
The door is always open.....
Old 06-26-2019, 09:05 AM   #39

Trailer: E 21 2019 Tow Vehicle: 2019 4Runner Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The door is always open.....
Escape will be flying you out and putting you up on your next purchase.
Telescopist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 09:57 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telescopist View Post
Escape will be flying you out and putting you up on your next purchase.
Hi: Telescopist... He flies out there anyway!!! Alf