Escape referrals…. - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Paper Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2014, 06:58 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Escape referrals….

It is standard procedures for a referral fee be paid to those who display or show their trailers to potential customers. ETI operates without a showroom so their customers are also their salespersons. ETI has seen an increase in persons requesting showings of various model, sometimes 3-4 are requested. As ETI grows, so do the demand to see their products. Those of us who have taken the time to show their units are compensated with a check for $200 canadian. In the event someone looks at more than one unit, the fee is split, but only 2 ways. The paperwork and bookkeeping becomes cumbersome for anything more than two. Thus when you order, please mention the person whom you saw and if you saw more than one, please only mention two names. Thank you.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:18 PM   #2

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
Thanks, Jim. Do you know if ETI asks the new Escapee if someone showed them their trailer? I showed ours this past weekend and didn't think to mention this to them.
JaneM. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:27 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Tammy has given specific instructions to those taking the order if a referral was involved and the name or names of the persons involved. ETI will only split the fee in those situations where two referrals are involved.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:35 PM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I figure you've got about two years to show a trailer, then the fabrics, etc. will change and the look will become stale. I'm going to have a guest book and if it sounds like someone who's viewed my trailer is REALLY interested, I plan on sending the viewers name to ETI. I'm proactive and am also creating my own personal business card to hand out.

I prefer to believe most people are honest, but this would be easy to forget. I plan on "helping" them. YMMV
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:36 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
I wasn't asked when I placed my order, but a week or so later I found the card and brochure Dave&Kathie had given me when we pestered them for a few days at a rally. I emailed that referral info to Escape and they responded they had added the referral to my order file.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:39 PM   #6

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Escape has cards with a picture of the trailer on the front and a space to write your name for the referral on the back.
Then you just have to hope that the person makes a point to mention you, which in the excitement of ordering the trailer and starting a build list, might not happen.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:56 PM   #7

Yes, we have some of the cards, but I forgot to give them one. I just sent them a pm (they're on this forum).
Old 05-20-2014, 01:07 AM   #8

Trailer: 2002 Escape 13'
I agree that Escape should always ask. I've had to personally followup twice to get their records straight.
hotfishtacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:39 AM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Perhaps it's time they contract someone to set up a simple CRM program - standard practice in most business's these days. I just assumed they knew.
Barry
Bcdonaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:52 AM   #10

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I have shown my trailer lots of times, but never really worry about the referral thing. I just like to help out. The cheques are nice to get, but I bet a few have been missed over the years.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:24 AM   #11

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I have shown my trailer lots of times, but never really worry about the referral thing. I just like to help out. The cheques are nice to get, but I bet a few have been missed over the years.
When we bought our Escape, I made a special effort to inform Tammy the name of the person who's Escape I had viewed, and I hope/understand that they did receive a referral cheque from Escape. Since owning our Escape, I have shown it on a number of occasions to others, and just this spring I received my first referral check from Escape. There have also been a number of others who viewed our trailer, but I have no idea whether or not they eventually purchased from Escape. But I am not terribly concerned about it. I agree with Jim that it is best not to get too worked up about the referral issue. Keeping a list of showings and sending it to Escape for them to check against their sales seems a bit excessive to me. Treat the checks as a pleasant unexpected bonus for showing your Escape, and you will not be disappointed.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:27 AM   #12

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Jim I certainly know how you like to help out going out of your way last year to show me yours. Maybe at the rally you should ask Alf for a referral fee

Eight more days of waiting for us and ten days to our first camping trip

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:30 AM   #13

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Jim I certainly know how you like to help out going out of your way last year to show me yours. Maybe at the rally you should ask Alf for a referral fee
Darn tootin', I will Adrian. Well, at least get a wobbly pop outta him, or sumpin'.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:50 AM   #14

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
There was a seller on "the other" fiberglass RV site that was selling tours of his Scamp for a fee to prospective buyers at $35.00 a tour!
The post has since been flagged and is being pulled.
Maybe this is a way to make sure you get your "finders fee/recommendation" up front! ;-)
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:15 AM   #15

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
We have shown our trailer to numerous people over the years and Reace and Tammy have been so good to Eileen and I we would feel guilty about taking a commission from them. Like Jim we feel we are doing the prospective buyers more of a service then Escape because of the quality of the trailers they build. Just my two cents...

Cheers
Doug
Old 05-20-2014, 10:31 AM   #16

I agree Doug!!
Old 05-20-2014, 10:37 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-breaker View Post
But I am not terribly concerned about it. I agree with Jim that it is best not to get too worked up about the referral issue. Keeping a list of showings and sending it to Escape for them to check against their sales seems a bit excessive to me. Treat the checks as a pleasant unexpected bonus for showing your Escape, and you will not be disappointed.
I agree completely. I don't mind showing our trailer and we meet some very nice people along the way. I was just curious as to whether ETI asks the question.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:19 AM   #18

ETI's build schedule is so full now I doubt they need the added paperwork that it takes to follow up on referrals and their mete.
I don't expect a reward for showing off something I'm proud of, but to each their own.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:23 AM   #19

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
It's also hard to justify trying to claim a sale because you briefly showed the inside of the trailer and gave the viewer a brochure, as I've done numerous times. Sometimes I write down my name, but I wouldn't count on the viewer keeping the card, or remembering. Wouldn't be ETI's job to interrogate the buyer.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:33 AM   #20

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post

Eight more days of waiting for us and ten days to our first camping trip

Adrian
Hi: emers382... I hope you like "Black Olives", cause that's what my RV Tech. put in!!!
As for giving Jim Bennett a "Wobbly Pop"... I don't want to contribute to "Juvenile Delinquency". See you on the 28th. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote