fiberglass trailer discount on insurance - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Paper Escape
Old 03-07-2016, 03:24 PM   #31
Trailer: 2016 - 21'
Insurance for fiberglass campers

Originally Posted by thumper-tx View Post
I went in today to arrange the insurance on our soon to be picked up 21 and was told that under the new State Farm guidelines, fiberglass trailers get a 20% discount off of their regular trailer rates. Has anyone else heard this from their insurance carriers?
We got the same discount with State Farm. Without a metal roof, the price was about 20% less. This was a plus and speaks of the fiberglass roof being better than metal.

bhonisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 11:13 AM   #32
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
The insurance company is Aviva...
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I expect that I won't be able to get full replacement at some point as the trailer ages.
I just got a quote for Aviva coverage through Park Insurance in Burnaby. Full replacement coverage is only available until the trailer is 10 years old.

Quote for Actual Cash Value (ACV) replacement coverage (dependent on declared value) was $285 per year with $250 deductible and an additional $2 million liability. The Guaranteed Replacement Cost (GRC) coverage with same deductibles is $446. I need to look into the collision deductible, personal effects coverage and a fibreglass discount - thanks everyone for that info.

I also learned that under new ICBC policy they are no longer providing liability coverage for RV's when they are parked. Insurance brokers are now being advised to offer additional liability insurance in the event that someone is injured while using your RV at a campground, etc. They offered me an umbrella liability policy attached to my house insurance that would provide the additional coverage to vehicles, RV's, boats, etc. This could be a cost savings as it combines your liability coverage under an umbrella and could allow you to reduce your ICBC coverage to the minimum $1 million - more investigation required.

msweet is offline   Reply With Quote