Florida Trailer Registration - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Paper Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2018, 07:40 PM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
I had no problems getting the tag for my trailer. I paid for my trailer in December 2013. When I got the paperwork from Escape I took it to the Santa Rosa County tax office. A young lady looked over my papers and had me pay the sales tax on the trailer (ow!). Then she made out the title and gave me a tag. She acted like she handled imported vehicles every day and didn't bat an eye. The next spring I took the tag with me when I traveled to B.C. to pick up my trailer.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 09:03 PM   #22

Trailer: Past time to update- canceled my 5.0 ��
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfsmith View Post
I live in St Lucie county. I registered my 5.0TA last Friday in Fort Pierce. All they need is the Orientation Certificate and the Bill of Sale. They had to ask around the office to confirm they did not need to inspect the trailer. The whole process took about 15 minutes. I think it may be a lack of knowledge in some offices.
rgds Kevin
Glad it was quick and easy for you and agree that there is quite a lack of knowledge in specific offices. I’m a little appalled by the lack of courtesy and general manners exhibited by the office I contacted, but I guess that’s the way it goes- win some lose some.
Deva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:14 AM   #23

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Following up on this thread, I just finalized the registration and plate for my upcoming Escape 19 here in Miami Dade county. The process was painless (other than the $2,000+ tax bill). I presented them with the Canadian to US conversion amount and they didn't even check it. Whew! another item off the list...
maiki724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 05:44 PM   #24

Trailer: 2018 5.0
I thought the tax and registration would be higher. We pick ours on Tuesday
kfsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 07:25 PM   #25

Trailer: None now
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfsmith View Post
I thought the tax and registration would be higher. We pick ours on Tuesday

It depends on the monetary conversion at the time, ours was $1895 for tax and title back last March. And was also a painless experience ( other than to the wallet ) to get the tag and title.
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:43 PM   #26

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
I do not know the requirement in Florida, but anyone doing this needs to find out where the Escape needs to be registered in their state. It is often the county in which you claim your legal residence. So someone else having no problem at another office in another county will not necessarily help you.

You may, however, be able to get your tag at a different office in your county, whatever state you are in with that requirement, if one office is not helpful or knowledgeable, as a few Escape owners have found.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote