Geico insurance quote - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Paper Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2017, 04:58 PM   #21

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandTeresa View Post
That is what we did, with Progressive. It costs us $36 per month. Seemed reasonable to me for that peace of mind.
We pay similar, I think a little more. But we could not use Progressive. I might have been told that the vehicles also needed to be insured with them. Are yours?
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:54 PM   #22

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJY View Post
$36 in addition to policy? or $36 a month for the whole policy?
Not really sure I understand the question. The only thing that we have insured with Progressive is our camper, and the replacement policy is $36 per month. In total.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 06:01 PM   #23

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Quote:
Not really sure I understand the question. The only thing that we have insured with Progressive is our camper, and the replacement policy is $36 per month. In total.
Our policy with Progressive is the same. Camper is the only thing we have insured with them. I probably insured ours for a little more to include delivery. You pay per $1000 of coverage. Ours is $465 per year. We have replacement coverage for the 1st 5 years than purchase price after that. I went through Good Sam to purchase ours.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:12 PM   #24
LJY

Trailer: 2017 Escape
Did you guys have to go thru agent? I couldn't find Escape on Progressive website quote system. I had to use something similar. Got something like $700 a year quote. but I normally get the best auto rates...
LJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:34 PM   #25

Quote:
Did you guys have to go thru agent? I couldn't find Escape on Progressive website quote system. I had to use something similar. Got something like $700 a year quote. but I normally get the best auto rates...
Call Good Sam and go through them.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:10 PM   #26

Quote:
I think that the question is whether there is a policy cost and then the $36 is specifically for the replacement part of it, added on to a basic policy cost. And you have answered that, no, the $36 per month is for the policy including full replacement value.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:57 PM   #27
LJY

Thanks all for the help. I'll call Progressive and/or Good Sam.. the other thing is I always ask for the max 500K per person/accident liability coverage.. but that should only have to do with tow vehicle quote, shouldn't affect the RV insurance rate right?
Old 04-28-2017, 07:25 AM   #28

Quote:
Thanks all for the help. I'll call Progressive and/or Good Sam.. the other thing is I always ask for the max 500K per person/accident liability coverage.. but that should only have to do with tow vehicle quote, shouldn't affect the RV insurance rate right?
Correct. The biggest thing that will affect the premium is the deductible. Ours is $500.00.
Old 04-28-2017, 09:41 AM   #29

Trailer: Escape 21' May 2017
Walter checked Progressive, USAA, State Farm- who never got back to us about the 20% discount, and Good Sams. He liked the Good Sams replacement policy, that does full replacement up to 5 years and then after that it replaces the original cost. It may not have been the cheepest. We got a 1000.00 deductable to make the price cheaper. We don't have to insure the car as part of the deal.
The Quilting Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 02:47 PM   #30

Trailer: 2012 19
I have a used 2012 19 that I just purchased and insured with Geico. I called Geico and ask what they would pay if I totaled my 2012 19 today and they would not give me that info. I called 3 times and asked for supervisors and still the same answer. I would recomend everyone asking that question of their insurnace company. They did have the correct model and were real close to the original purchase price. I think it is time for me to switch.

Graham

Graham
gyuill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 02:55 PM   #31

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyuill View Post
I have a used 2012 19 that I just purchased and insured with Geico. I called Geico and ask what they would pay if I totaled my 2012 19 today and they would not give me that info. I called 3 times and asked for supervisors and still the same answer. I would recomend everyone asking that question of their insurnace company. They did have the correct model and were real close to the original purchase price. I think it is time for me to switch.

Graham

Graham
perhaps they thought you were unhappy with your recent purchase and were planning on "accidentally" letting it roll off a cliff to collect the $ !....
just kidding......
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 03:33 PM   #32

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kountrykamper View Post
Our policy with Progressive is the same. Camper is the only thing we have insured with them. I probably insured ours for a little more to include delivery. You pay per $1000 of coverage. Ours is $465 per year. We have replacement coverage for the 1st 5 years than purchase price after that. I went through Good Sam to purchase ours.
I thought $241w/$500 deductible was high from AAA. I briefly switched to National General after reading about the Louisiana 5.0TA that was flooded. Good Sam was the agent- they sell the policy and that's about it. Didn't offer any other carrier to me.

After being pestered for my other business I looked further into the company; here is what I found:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/national-ge...ho-cucamonga-2
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 03:50 PM   #33

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyuill View Post

Graham

Graham
Hi: gyuill... I'm insured by a Mutual Ins. Co. The policy holders own the company... Not the shareholders. If claims are low at years end and moneys left over we get a rebate!!! Annual cost is about $230.00 and covers $30,000.00 of a replacement 5.0TA w/ 2 mil. liability. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 05:13 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
I thought $241w/$500 deductible was high from AAA. I briefly switched to National General after reading about the Louisiana 5.0TA that was flooded. Good Sam was the agent- they sell the policy and that's about it. Didn't offer any other carrier to me.

After being pestered for my other business I looked further into the company; here is what I found:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/national-ge...ho-cucamonga-2
Anyone that is looking for cheap insurance can always find it. I have been with Progressive for almost 10 years on my RV insurance and no other vehicles. They dont bug me about adding anything else although im sure they would like to add them. Fortunately I have not had to use it so can't speak of any real life experience.
Old 05-03-2017, 05:15 PM   #35
LJY

Not sure if it's same as Liberty Mutual.. but I just signed up with them since I've been with them. I didn't know they insured TT... and the rate came out to be < $150 a year ($250 deductible) for a total replacement policy... it evened out as the auto insurance was about $150 more expensive.

Thanks everyone for the input and help!
Old 05-03-2017, 09:08 PM   #36

Quote:
Not sure if it's same as Liberty Mutual.. but I just signed up with them since I've been with them. I didn't know they insured TT... and the rate came out to be < $150 a year ($250 deductible) for a total replacement policy... it evened out as the auto insurance was about $150 more expensive.

Thanks everyone for the input and help!
I would look at that policy carefully as you usually get what you pay for and that is very far below what other companies are charging for full replacment. There might be something big missing there. Just suggest that you have a good look but of course you do not have another company's policy to compare.

I just saw on their site where they do say that you have to insure the tow vehicle with them to get the RV insurance. But that does not explain it as many of us do that.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:34 PM   #37
LJY

Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
I would look at that policy carefully as you usually get what you pay for and that is very far below what other companies are charging for full replacment. There might be something big missing there. Just suggest that you have a good look but of course you do not have another company's policy to compare.

I just saw on their site where they do say that you have to insure the tow vehicle with them to get the RV insurance. But that does not explain it as many of us do that.
you're right, Cathy, I'll take a closer look.. their auto price generally is not the cheapest.. but they have pretty good service.. and with multicar, home policy discount.. and alumni association discount, they are pretty good value for the great service. Like Mutual Ins. posted by escape_artist, they are owned by policy holders.
I'll get the details and let you know.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:44 PM   #38

Quote:
you're right, Cathy, I'll take a closer look.. their auto price generally is not the cheapest.. but they have pretty good service.. and with multicar, home policy discount.. and alumni association discount, they are pretty good value for the great service. Like Mutual Ins. posted by escape_artist, they are owned by policy holders.
I'll get the details and let you know.
Thanks. You may have some sizable discounts there.
Old 05-05-2017, 09:02 AM   #39
LJY

Hi Cathy, I checked with LM.. they have a "new car replacement" policy but only for 1st year which applies to the travel trailer too. So, I might look for something else for 2nd year.
Old 05-09-2017, 09:04 PM   #40

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
A few have mentioned Progressive. I called my home/auto insurance company today and they said that they could add the new 21' to my auto policy, but they recommended that I use their arrangement with Progressive instead. We talked about both, and for a few bucks a year more, Progressive offered much better coverage. I didn't even know my company had the deal with Progressive, but she said they have been doing it for more than 15 years and are very pleased with the feedback they get from customers. She said that they recommend all their policy holders look at the Progressive option for their expensive "toys"!

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote