Geico insurance quote - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Paper Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2017, 03:54 PM   #1
LJY

Trailer: 2017 Escape
Geico insurance quote

Hi,

I was getting a quote for our new 2017 Escape 21 from Geico and they said they don't know about the Escape 21 and found a model called "Escape 180qb" which they based their quote on.

For those with Geico insurance is this the correct model?
also, I noticed the quote had "Collision Total Loss RC" as Not Included.
I'm not sure what that means...
The quote was so cheap for 6 months including a new tow vehicle that makes me wonder what's missing..

Thanks,

LJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 04:20 PM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A - "The Pullman"
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJY View Post
Hi,

I was getting a quote for our new 2017 Escape 21 from Geico and they said they don't know about the Escape 21 and found a model called "Escape 180qb" which they based their quote on.

also, I noticed the quote had "Collision Total Loss RC" as Not Included.
I'm not sure what that means...
The quote was so cheap for 6 months including a new tow vehicle that makes me wonder what's missing..
Thanks,
The "Escape 180qb" is a different manufacturer's (Kx Spree) model.
We took our Build Sheet (not even the final, signed one) to our agent (happened to be AAA), and they gave us a quote, including total loss replacement, based on the items and prices on the build sheet. The agent wasn't aware of Escape Trailer Industries until then.
Later, we took our signed build sheet with final amounts to AAA, paid, and had insurance when we went to pick up our trailer.
Price w/AAA was competitive, but not an unusually low bargain rate. AAA knows about Escapes now!

dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 05:42 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
I think you want to run away from that quote from Geico. Great rates but as with any insurance the issues come to a head during the claim process. What ever you do, do not get get into an accident with another Geico insuree. You get to split the deductible. Since they have such a large market share, you have a good chance.

The most important part of your coverage will be how they determine replacement value. There are many other insurers that will give you a better chance of a fair value. I am not sure Geico would be a carrier responsive to you bringing in sale prices of used Escapes, in an effort to show replacement value.

You went with the little guy when you bought Escape, maybe that is the best approach for insurance?
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 05:49 PM   #4

Trailer: 17B 2017
State farm pulled ours up with the vin# I think it was did they ask for that?
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 06:31 PM   #5

Trailer: 2013 19' Escape
No, the 18QB is a stick built Starcraft.

A small niche manufacturer like Escape is not yet showing up on some screens. I had a similar problem at the NC DMV last week.
NCBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 07:10 PM   #6

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJY View Post

Regardless of the insurance company, this is absolutely not the correct model. The Escape E180QB is part of the Escape brand from KZ, a Thor company - not Starcraft RV, but more importantly completely unrelated to Escape Trailer Industries.

A 2017 Escape (any model) should show up in searches by VIN in government databases, but insurance companies could be using any database. An Escape with a model year before 2016 would not have appeared in U.S. government databases, although someone searching for just the manufacturer (regardless of year) should now be able to find Escape.
Examples:
If Escape can provide the VIN of your specific trailer (even though it has not been manufactured yet, they have likely assigned the VIN), an insurance company should be able to search using that VIN and find exactly the right trailer.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 07:38 PM   #7
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Is model that important vs amount of coverage. seems to me coverage for a $30k trailer, regardless of who makes it, should cover your Escape for damage or replacement.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:47 PM   #8

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
This is pretty common. Good Sam (they use progressive for the actual coverage) didn't know what my Escape was either, and sent me a quote with a KZ Spree Escape as the make/model. I corrected them by referring them to the website. They changed it to reflect the make as Escape and the model as "19".

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 04-25-2017, 08:23 PM   #9

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Is model that important vs amount of coverage. seems to me coverage for a $30k trailer, regardless of who makes it, should cover your Escape for damage or replacement.
If the trailer needs repair, the cost of repair may be quite different for two differently-constructed trailers which sell for the same price. Even if it is a total-loss event (so they're just paying out the value of the trailer), the likelihood of loss can depend on construction - similar damage may be repairable on one trailer and not on another. For theft, the probability of theft will depend on the make and model, between trailers of the same selling price.

All of these factors (and others) explain why two cars of the same selling price have different insurance premiums - regardless of the type of vehicle, insurance premiums are all about the probability and value of claims. I don't know how many - if any - of these factors are actually considered for travel trailers, which are a tiny piece of the insurance business.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 08:56 PM   #10

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Where you live and even your credit rating also affect your insurance premium.

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote