How to hedge exchange rate? - Page 17 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Paper Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-09-2020, 02:19 PM   #321

Trailer: Escape 17B - Café con Leche - 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
You may want to wait until delivery before pursuing any complaint outside of Escape.
Thank you Jim,
Are you insinuating some kind of retaliation from ETI?
The truth is, I never thought this would happen, I did a lot of research before committing to the Escape Family, the tipping point was, how much trust you guys have in the Company.
Of Course, now ETI is under a different managing enterprise, (Investor Group) it was a red flag, but I had chosen to ignore it.
Mario
Old 04-09-2020, 03:22 PM   #322

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Quote:
Originally Posted by M & M View Post
Thank you Jim,
Are you insinuating some kind of retaliation from ETI?
The truth is, I never thought this would happen, I did a lot of research before committing to the Escape Family, the tipping point was, how much trust you guys have in the Company.
Of Course, now ETI is under a different managing enterprise, (Investor Group) it was a red flag, but I had chosen to ignore it.
Mario

ETI was one of four companies that I trusted implicitly. They always went the extra mile and took superb care of their customers. And I was one of their many cheerleaders.

That is why this recent turn of events is so heartbreaking for me. They have lost my confidence that they will do their best to take care of us. Let alone do what is contractually legal.

If you can see shady things on the surface, it makes me wonder what shadiness lurks beneath the surface. Heartbreaking.

Feel sorry for you and anyone else caught in the middle right now.
Old 04-09-2020, 03:27 PM   #323

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Escape is still a good company hopefully the governing body of this investment group will wake up n smell what’s in the air and take steps to remedy this.
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 04:01 PM   #324

Quote:
Originally Posted by sclifrickson View Post
ETI was one of four companies that I trusted implicitly. They always went the extra mile and took superb care of their customers. And I was one of their many cheerleaders.

That is why this recent turn of events is so heartbreaking for me. They have lost my confidence that they will do their best to take care of us. Let alone do what is contractually legal.

If you can see shady things on the surface, it makes me wonder what shadiness lurks beneath the surface. Heartbreaking.

Feel sorry for you and anyone else caught in the middle right now.
Thank you Scott for your support.
I am not sorry for my decision to purchase an Escape, is just that what Karl Kenny has done is wrong and I needed to speak up.
Is not about the exchange rate, is about us having an agreement with ETI and he ripped off without cause.
I hope to meet most of you in the near future.
Mario
Old 04-09-2020, 05:00 PM   #325

Quote:
Thank you Scott for your support.
I am not sorry for my decision to purchase an Escape, is just that what Karl Kenny has done is wrong and I needed to speak up.
Is not about the exchange rate, is about us having an agreement with ETI and he ripped off without cause.
I hope to meet most of you in the near future.
Mario
I agree with you. I met Karl at the pine knot rally and thought him to be a person that would continue with the way ETI took care of customers. Now it seems he doesn’t care and is only concerned with money and not what the customer needs or honoring contracts. Totally disappointed.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:37 PM   #326

Trailer: 2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA
Escape isn't a mom and pop operation anymore, investors want returns.

I remember Tammy telling me a story a number of years ago about one night Reace still wasn't home late one night, so she drove down to the factory and found Reace asleep on an inspection trolley underneath a trailer! Reace also told me a story about one night he was driving home and was stopped at a red light, the next thing he remembered was a horn blowing, he'd fallen asleep at the light. Those guys poured their heart and soul into that company.
Barry

2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA / 2017 F150, 2.7 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercab
Former trailers: 2005 Escape 17B / 1972 Boler 13'
barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 07:40 PM   #327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
I agree with you. I met Karl at the pine knot rally and thought him to be a person that would continue with the way ETI took care of customers. Now it seems he doesn’t care and is only concerned with money and not what the customer needs or honoring contracts. Totally disappointed.
If I remember correcly, Karl showed up at last years rally on a motorcycle and was staying at a local motel. Tammy and Reace always showed up an Escape and were keen to show you there latest and greatest!
Barry

Old 04-09-2020, 08:38 PM   #328

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry View Post
If I remember correcly, Karl showed up at last years rally on a motorcycle and was staying at a local motel. Tammy and Reace always showed up an Escape and were keen to show you there latest and greatest!
Barry
That's the reason why I want to own an Escape, those stories carry a tradition!
I hope I am no late to the party.
Mario
Old 04-10-2020, 06:13 AM   #329

Karl stayed at a motel for the pine knot rally also this was after saying he would be bring a 21 go figure
Old 04-13-2020, 09:24 AM   #330
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
CAD 72 cents
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 09:59 AM   #331
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
CAD 71 cents
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 01:12 PM   #332

Trailer: na
"Payments:
Escape Trailer Industries has the ability to process payments in both Canadian and US Dollars. All payments received in US funds are processed and added to the buildsheet in Canadian Funds. Escape Trailer Industries cannot guarantee or promise an exchange rate. The exchange rate used to convert US to Canadian funds is calculated on the day the money is received. (The best option to guarantee an exchange rate is to have your bank process the payment in Canadian Funds prior to sending)."

This is what I received after putting my deposit down in Dec. What will they change next?
ucancallmejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 07:09 AM   #333

Trailer: 2004 16' Casita Spirit Standard
Quote:
He has ignored my last two emails, even though I offered a fair compromise.
Mario
I certainly hope your "compromise" consisted of them adhering to the contract as agreed upon in exchange for you not soliciting a judge to enforce it.

I would caution against paying the contested amount or accepting the product before consulting a professional.
ExCivilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 07:45 AM   #334

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
If one reads the paperwork one receives when ordering an Escape there are several "time points" mentioned. The $2500 deposit secures your completion date, nothing more is due. Of that $2500, $500 is non refundable and the remaining $2000 is non refundable once the unit enters production. Furthermore "Prices are subject to change without notice. ETI reserves the right to change the price of an option based on market fluctuations. Te customer will be notified of all changes when they come into effect. Once a build sheet is confirmed, the option price list becomes fixed."
So the customer is aware there can/could be changes until the build sheet is signed. That prevents changes and protects the consumer. Escape will request a signed build sheet before production starts.
The build sheet further states another $2500 deposit before production starts and that is non refundable once your trailer enters production.
The customer is only at risk losing $500 cdn if they cancel any time up to start of production.
The paperwork is clear in its intention and dates. Subsequent events like the current Pandemic situation, the customs certification, may impact fees and dates, all of which are out of control of both Escape and the consumer.
Old 04-22-2020, 08:39 AM   #335

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by barry View Post
Karl was online at the time you posted this. He replied to a thread on the new E23 so he's obviously reading the forum but selectively choosing what to reply to.
Barry
A wise choice by an company executive is to not get involved in posting on a thread discussing financing. It would never work out for the good of the company. While social media seems to now be a place to discuss concerns like this, I personally believe they should be taken up in private conversation with the company.

Escape is a good company making some great moves to satisfy a broader customer base. I truly enjoyed meeting Karl on Friday and got a lot out of the hour we spent together (at 2m) with him discussing stuff. Never got into the money thing at all though.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 08:42 AM   #336

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
If one reads the paperwork one receives when ordering an Escape there are several "time points" mentioned. The $2500 deposit secures your completion date, nothing more is due. Of that $2500, $500 is non refundable and the remaining $2000 is non refundable once the unit enters production. Furthermore "Prices are subject to change without notice. ETI reserves the right to change the price of an option based on market fluctuations. Te customer will be notified of all changes when they come into effect. Once a build sheet is confirmed, the option price list becomes fixed."
So the customer is aware there can/could be changes until the build sheet is signed. That prevents changes and protects the consumer. Escape will request a signed build sheet before production starts.
The build sheet further states another $2500 deposit before production starts and that is non refundable once your trailer enters production.
The customer is only at risk losing $500 cdn if they cancel any time up to start of production.
The paperwork is clear in its intention and dates. Subsequent events like the current Pandemic situation, the customs certification, may impact fees and dates, all of which are out of control of both Escape and the consumer.

Altering the currency accepted for payment is not an “option”. Your argument is flawed.
Old 04-22-2020, 11:16 AM   #337

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: Jim Bennett... This thread seems to be a moot point unless ETI goes back to the good old way. I'm with you that money talk belongs between the buyer and seller!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 11:31 AM   #338

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Jim Bennett... This thread seems to be a moot point unless ETI goes back to the good old way. I'm with you that money talk belongs between the buyer and seller!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie

I partially agree with you. A buyer needs to address their personal issues directly with ETI, but this forum is a perfectly appropriate venue for general discussion amongst all regarding ETI’s business practices, as well as the specific experiences of forum members shared for the general edification of all. Shutting down factual discussion that you disagree with is a disservice to the group.
Old 04-22-2020, 11:53 AM   #339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
A wise choice by an company executive is to not get involved in posting on a thread discussing financing. It would never work out for the good of the company. While social media seems to now be a place to discuss concerns like this, I personally believe they should be taken up in private conversation with the company.

Escape is a good company making some great moves to satisfy a broader customer base. I truly enjoyed meeting Karl on Friday and got a lot out of the hour we spent together (at 2m) with him discussing stuff. Never got into the money thing at all though.
Totally agree Jim, I guess my point was that he obviously is aware of the discussions surrounding pricing on the forum. The post you quoted was a reply to someone saying that he is not replying to their personal e-mails either.
Barry

Old 04-22-2020, 11:59 AM   #340

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
You are correct Jim and the forum rules specify such. This forum is not the place to handle issues with a manufacturer.