It's Easy In Florida - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Paper Escape
Old 07-15-2014, 09:06 PM   #31
Trailer: Escape 17B
The DMV agent did make initially make the comment that the VIN verification had to be performed by a peace officer or MV agent somewhere (not necessarily in Utah), but after explaining that the manufacturer did the verification (not a dealer), and the agent reexamining the customs paperwork several times, he processed the registration. Maybe I was just lucky!

ScottJUtah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:08 PM   #32
Site Team
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
possibly the border patrol verification was adequate, who cares, it worked, the end justifies the means.

never in doubt, often wrong
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 03:55 PM   #33
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
It ain't easy in Minnesota any more

Two years ago, when we got The Lark, getting plates was easy. We just walked into the DMV, showed a bill of sale, paid a hunk of sales tax, and walked out with a plate.

Not so for our purchase of The Skylark. Went to the DMV today, with much paper work (Bill of Sale, Certificate of Orgin, U.S. Customs Invoice, US Customs Entry Summary, Importer ID Input Record, a US DOT declaration, and a dept. of the treasury certificate of origin). Unfortunately the Entry Summary isn't stamped, and can't be stamped until the trailer actually crosses the border at Sumas. The DMV won't issue plates until I have a stamped Entry summary. So long and short, we can't get plates until we get back to MN, which will be in late Oct.

I am tempted to just take the plates from The Lark when we drop it off with Fox Hunt. Then put the plates on The Skylark for the trip back until we can get registered. It is a bad idea and I am not going to do it. More likely to go to another DMV office and see if I have better luck.

As I recall, after we got back from our initial trip with The Lark, we did get a letter asking for copies of some additional forms, So I suppose that this is just the folks at the local DMV being better informed.

LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote