Licensing & Registration in Arizona - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Paper Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-25-2017, 10:18 AM   #1

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Licensing & Registration in Arizona

We're picking-up our 5.0 at the end of April and closing on a new home in Marana, AZ (Pima Co.) four days later (). Needless to say, since we're relocating from WA to AZ, I don't see any sense in registering our trailer in WA to only have to re-register in AZ a month or two later after we sell our home in WA.

Can any of you Arizona residents share any information (fees, expenses, degree of difficulty) on registering our new Escape 5.0? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance for your help.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 10:58 AM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
We're picking-up our 5.0 at the end of April and closing on a new home in Marana, AZ (Pima Co.) four days later (). Needless to say, since we're relocating from WA to AZ, I don't see any sense in registering our trailer in WA to only have to re-register in AZ a month or two later after we sell our home in WA.

Can any of you Arizona residents share any information (fees, expenses, degree of difficulty) on registering our new Escape 5.0? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance for your help.
Hi: Zardoz... UR MOOVIN Eh? Heading to the desert!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 11:13 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Zardoz... UR MOOVIN Eh? Heading to the desert!!! Alf
Seven years of 8 months of rain annually has wore me down; I surrender! Like you (but in reverse), we'll live in our 5.0 up here two or three months each summer. As always, I'm just a few steps behind you, Alf. But I'm proud to follow your lead!
Old 03-25-2017, 11:35 AM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Seven years of 8 months of rain annually has wore me down; I surrender! Like you (but in reverse), we'll live in our 5.0 up here two or three months each summer. As always, I'm just a few steps behind you, Alf. But I'm proud to follow your lead!
Hi: Zardoz... I'm really good at spending OPM's!!! LoL. I've heard that the Arizona climate is good for your "Aches& pains" too. Alf
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 12:41 PM   #5

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Wow ! it has been a very horrible year so much rain AZ does look tempting. My brother lives in Tucson he loves it. I'm getting the 5.0 so I can spend a portion of the Winters there -when I retire but my parents and children are here so I will stay here but I hate our wet winters!
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 01:04 PM   #6

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
A future welcome to AZ, Rich. Registering isn't difficult here, but since you'll be paying sales tax on the first registration and there usually is a 30 day rule it could potentially lead to issues you'll want to investigate fully.

Sales tax issue aside, to register here you'll pay insignificant license fee, then tax based on a percentage of the value which depreciates each year when you renew. Our 2015 19 runs about $360 last renewal with most of that being the tax.

Look us up and say Hi when you get settled.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 01:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
A future welcome to AZ, Rich. Registering isn't difficult here, but since you'll be paying sales tax on the first registration and there usually is a 30 day rule it could potentially lead to issues you'll want to investigate fully.

Sales tax issue aside, to register here you'll pay insignificant license fee, then tax based on a percentage of the value which depreciates each year when you renew. Our 2015 19 runs about $360 last renewal with most of that being the tax.

Look us up and say Hi when you get settled.
Hey Greg! Thanks for the info, it's much appreciated. I'm certain I'll be in touch looking for advice on places to camp in AZ. Lots to see and do
Old 03-25-2017, 01:53 PM   #8

Wow that's a lot cheaper then Olympia 8 or 9% sales tax? I am budgeting at least 3000 for tax license
Old 03-25-2017, 02:57 PM   #9

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
That figure was just annual registration FoxH, you will still owe sales tax on initial purchase. I think it is about the same in 6-9% range in AZ but don't recall exactly.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 03:14 PM   #10

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
Wow that's a lot cheaper then Olympia 8 or 9% sales tax? I am budgeting at least 3000 for tax license
Our sales tax is 9.225% and it goes up another 1/4 percent April 1st, plus we pay full tax on groceries. The tax on our trailer was over $3,000. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 04:40 PM   #11

Ok I guess it's a small thing to pay when you get to buy a beautiful new trailer!
Old 03-25-2017, 07:11 PM   #12

Trailer: 5.0TA
After picking up our trailer in Nov of 2015 I registered my 5.0 last year in Arizona. We left the trailer in storage for about 90 days so my plate renewal would come due in Feb of 2017. I had to pay state sales tax only and then the registration and license fees. Like Greg I think it was about $350 or so for everything. I did not have to bring the trailer into the DMV for VIN verification just present the certificate of origin. I made up a temporary paper plate which I placed in the rear window of the trailer for the trip from Canada to Arizona and did not not get any state issued temp plate/registration.
oilhead is offline   Reply With Quote