Need Conforming Certificate of Origin - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Paper Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2014, 04:18 PM   #21

Trailer: none
We too got great help from our AAA office. They called someone in the NM DMV and confirmed we had the right paperwork and then told us to be sure to get a supervisor on the DMV office. It worked out fine but we had the fallback of going back to AAA for assistance if we had been unsuccessful. They couldn't actually do the registration at AAA...maybe because it was a used trailer...don't remember.
Sold both 7/22
FMLNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 04:59 PM   #22

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21, May 2014
We just registered our new 21 last Friday at a California DMV office in San Jose. We also asked AAA about registering our new Escape before we even brought it home but they said they couldn't register a new vehicle because the DMV has to "verify" the vehicle before it can be registered. Sure enough, when I went to the DMV office with all of the documentation I received at delivery, including Customs docs., the first thing that happened was a walk out to the trailer accompanied by a DMV manager, who verified the VIN on the trailer matched the VIN on the paperwork. Then I was allowed into the line for appointments. After about a two minute wait I paid the use tax (OUCH) and completed the registration in very short order.

So lesson learned: do your homework on the DMV website before you go, make an appointment, and ask for a new vehicle VIN verification when you first arrive.

Probably not much help to people in MA though. Hang in there
and good luck!!

Fletch
Fletch Dobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:47 PM   #23

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Motor vehicle registration is all done by agents now here in Alberta, including AMA (the local CAA/AAA affiliate). Previously, AMA had a special position as the only private licensing offices. They all use the same computer system and follow the same rules, so changing locations only offers the potential for a clerk being slack and not following the rules, or being ignorant of the procedures and thus unable (or unwilling) to help.

I just go to the nearest place that's open... but I can see the point in looking for one that is not so busy, or where they know what they're doing.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:58 PM   #24

Trailer: 2014 19' Named Bailey
Tammy has notarized the document, and is getting special paper with 11 security features, Maryland needs 9 security features. Hopefully with these in hand I will be successful in registering Bailey in time for her first outing to upstate New York!
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
FishBioGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:02 PM   #25
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishBioGirl View Post
Tammy has notarized the document, and is getting special paper with 11 security features, Maryland needs 9 security features. Hopefully with these in hand I will be successful in registering Bailey in time for her first outing to upstate New York!
Cool BEANS! Sounds like success!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote