Notarized bill of sale required for NJ title - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Paper Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2017, 11:42 PM   #11

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by markh View Post
They want the seller's signature on the bill of sale notarized IN CANADA. I don't understand why but I will just give them what they need so we can get our title.
The bill of sale has the price you paid and good olí NJ wants to make sure they get every bit of tax out of you. Make sure they convert the cost to USD or youíll be paying more than you should.

rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 08:25 AM   #12

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotateclockwise View Post
In NC we too had to have a notarized Bill of Sale (Cert of Origin). We had Escape get it notarized and sent to us so we could obtain plates. Escape does charge a fee to do this, but it was worth the cost to get past that part of the process.
I guess I'm glad to hear that NJ isn't the only state with this requirement. I thought I was being singled out. The folks at Escape were very helpful in getting our Bill of Sale notarized. They were able to get an appointment with their notary the same day I called and the new bill of sale will be mailed to me today.

markh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 06:35 PM   #13

Trailer: 19 on order ETA 3/18
I had a really tough time getting title and registering my Escape trailer last year in NJ. I didn't need to get the Bil of Sale notarized and if I remember correctly it only needs to be notarized in Canada if it is a transaction with an individual. For a company notarization was not necessary. I could be wrong or they changed the rules. What I did need to do was send the stamped customs form back to the broker and have them sign it in ink. It went back and forth with them on some other issues and even spoke to supervisors. At the end of the day they wouldn't budge on anything. Good Luck! NJ is an awesome

ichrisdr is offline   Reply With Quote