Progressive Insurance - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Paper Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 02-01-2018, 03:41 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21' and 2017 F150 3.5 eco boost
Progressive Insurance

We will be picking up our new 21' next month. Erie is our current carrier for auto, home, and umbrella. They do not offer replacement coverage in the event of total loss or theft, only actual cash value. I hope no one has had to file a claim who has Progressive but if you did were you happy with the way it was handled? Progressives quote is about 21% more but they do offer replacement coverage for five years.
oldsalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 09:13 AM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
We have Progressive (through Good Sam) with replacement cost coverage, but luckily we've never had a claim. I can tell you the service in taking your money is flawless. They know how to do that very well. [emoji23]
Old 02-02-2018, 10:16 AM   #3

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
We also have a Progressive replacement policy, but not through Good Sam. But like Robert, we have not had to file a claim. And they take their money every month, as scheduled
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 12:10 PM   #4

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21'
I have (had) Good Sam insurance (I think thru National General) with replacement coverage, and totaled my Lil Snoozy.

I have been very pleased with their service. My trailer was a 2014, bought used in 2016, and they gave me the cost of a new Snoozy (about 130% of what I paid) if I purchased a new trailer for that amount or more.
The Insurance Company also offered me about 50% of the new Snoozy price if I did not replace it. I guess that is the typical depreciation of a 3 year old "stick-built" trailer.

I now have an Escape 21 on order, and ETI has already been paid for most of the cost.
Ripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 09:26 PM   #5

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Ripple, I gotta say, I love the name of your town!
Old 02-03-2018, 07:39 AM   #6

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
I've had Progressive for 15 years on my cars, trucks, & trailer. Never filed a claim on the trailer; but I had to file one on my Tacoma when a bear got into the back seat and ate the interior. Despite the oddness of the claim, they covered $9900 in damages without an issue.
sturski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 10:12 AM   #7

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturski View Post
I've had Progressive for 15 years on my cars, trucks, & trailer. Never filed a claim on the trailer; but I had to file one on my Tacoma when a bear got into the back seat and ate the interior. Despite the oddness of the claim, they covered $9900 in damages without an issue.
I see in your avatar that you managed to get a picture of it...

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 08:43 PM   #8

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
I see in your avatar that you managed to get a picture of it...
I've had words with Molly (my avatar). While she traumatizes the UPS guy and door to door preachers, she snored right through my Tacoma getting ate.
sturski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 06:57 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturski View Post
I've had words with Molly (my avatar). While she traumatizes the UPS guy and door to door preachers, she snored right through my Tacoma getting ate.
Now that's funny.

Old 02-23-2019, 11:21 AM   #10

Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
We have Progressive on our home, autos, and travel trailer (2018 Casita, policy value $20.500. Our premium for the next year is $588.00 which I think is high for a travel trailer. I'm now in the process of checking with Foremost as many of our friends with travel trailers have and they think there premiums are reasonable. I did a quote on the Progressive website on a new Escape 5.0 valued at $35,000 us dollars and the premium was $1150.00 per year, plus a new Airstream with a value of $80,000 and the yearly premium was $1550.00 per year, the Oliver came in at $1325.00 and had a $60,000 value. So my question to Progressive was why so high on a $20,500 Casita, they really had no answer. They did say that Texas had all those floods down on the coast and it did cause Texas premiums to go up across the board. I did tell them I live 300 miles from the coast and not in a flood zone. I guess it's where you live, in Texas we do pay less on Taxes and other things that other states pay much more on, It's probably a washout over the long haul. Waiting to see what Foremost says.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 01:37 PM   #11

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19, "Zen Purple", 2017 4X4 Chevy Colorado/Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandTeresa View Post
We also have a Progressive replacement policy, but not through Good Sam. But like Robert, we have not had to file a claim. And they take their money every month, as scheduled
Yeah Progressive has to pay for all their ads on TV. That ridiculous and extremely annoying Flo actress must be expensive to keep going for so many years. She is the reason I keep my remote control within reaching distance at all times. I absolutely refuse to subsidize this inanity. My Escape, pickup, and Subaru are covered by Safeco. No annoying advertising and good claims department on 2 broken windshields and a dent from a parking lot incident.
salmo7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 03:35 PM   #12

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
The premiums definitely depend on your location. My 2017 Escape 21, based in upstate NY, valued at $33,890.64 US with 5 year full replacement with Progressive is $396.00 per year. They have also given me a quote on my house & truck insurance that is 1/3 what I'm paying Allstate. I plan to switch when I get home.
Old 02-23-2019, 06:12 PM   #13

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21 Rear Bed
Trainman, you have high premiums. We have been with Progressive for 10+ years. Motorcycles and cars and now the 2018 Escape 19. We pay about $350/yr for full replacement value of $32K, with camping 100 days per year. We are in an exceedingly rural area, the county describes our area as one of the lowest human density in the continental U.S.
Old 02-23-2019, 06:39 PM   #14

Trailer: ?
Comparing insurance premiums is a meaningless exercise unless you have the same zip code, same credit score, same marital status, same age, own/rent, same vehicles, same amount of coverage, same driving record, same claims record, same occupation, same annual miles driven, total relationship with the company, etc.
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 06:46 PM   #15

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdColorado View Post
Comparing insurance premiums is a meaningless exercise unless you have the same zip code, same credit score, same marital status, same age, own/rent, same vehicles, same amount of coverage, same driving record, same claims record, same occupation, same annual miles driven, total relationship with the company, etc.

And, that's the truth.
Old 02-23-2019, 07:07 PM   #16

Trailer: ?
https://www.insure.com/car-insurance...nce-rates.html

State by state comparison

Do you live in Michigan or Vermont?
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 06:56 AM   #17

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Wow, what difference that link shows, not sure how accurate it is but they did post it. I was surprised at the state by state difference. seems to me it should be the driver not where they live that is the variable.
Old 02-24-2019, 07:58 AM   #18

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
It use to be that way but then the big insurance companies figured out they could make more money buy charging rates by areas of the state/ city. If you live in high accident area you get charged more. In a low area less. Which is total horse hockey. It should by by driver. They also use your credit score to determine rate also. So one can get hit twice once for high accident area and if one has a so so credit score.
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 08:25 AM   #19
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
It use to be that way but then the big insurance companies figured out they could make more money buy charging rates by areas of the state/ city. If you live in high accident area you get charged more. In a low area less. Which is total horse hockey. It should by by driver. They also use your credit score to determine rate also. So one can get hit twice once for high accident area and if one has a so so credit score.
I respectfully disagree. It's about statistics. The chances of your vehicle(s) being stolen, getting into an accident or being hit by an impaired driver go way up in dense populations. But it also does fall to the driver, horrible credit, many tickets and accidents could bring high premiums no matter where you live. It's just more painful if it's in a dense population area. I have two trailers insured for comp. IF I lived 'out in the country' or in a town with 20,000 people, I might drop it and just build a locked fence around them. In the big city and in a storage lot, insurance is needed IMHO.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 08:36 AM   #20

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Why is credit involved? Supposedly if you have bad credit you are more likely a thief and will submit bad claims?? That is certainly profiling by them. My credit should have nothing to do with my insurance, IF I have never submitted a claim. On the other hand, those with multiple claims should pay more.