Progressive Insurance (on line) - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Paper Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-22-2019, 06:40 PM   #1

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA pulled by Ram 3500 diesel dually
Progressive Insurance (on line)

I currently have my 2 RVs insured with Progressive (including full-timer liability) and just spent over an hour with online chat getting my new 5.0TA added to the policy.

The problem is that when using the web site to indicate the manufacturer there are two Escape makers listed and neither are ETI of Chilliwack. That prompted me to try the chat feature.

My chat assistant ended up talking to 2 different supervisors before getting the solution. The first supervisor suggested using one of the existing ones. Being all wrong (manufacturer, model and value) that did not sit well with me so the 2nd supervisor was consulted.

Simple solution: choose "other" at the end of the list and enter data in by hand. It worked; and added almost $50usd to my monthly rv insurance payment.
Old 08-22-2019, 07:09 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
We used 'declared value' for our Escape insurance, as their depreciation schedule was ridiculous, based on disposable stickie trailers. I think we're using Progressive, too, but going through an agent.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 08:29 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillCampin View Post
I currently have my 2 RVs insured with Progressive....Simple solution: choose "other" at the end of the list and enter data in by hand. It worked; and added almost $50usd to my monthly rv insurance payment.
Simple maybe, yet sounds expensive. Might be time to shop that quote.

I see all those Liberty Mutual ads touting "Only pay for what you need"- and in reality the opposite is mostly true.

For example: with basic AAA coverage your towing coverage gets you a seven mile tow four times a year. So the guy who broke down with his trailer at Refugio Beach north of Santa Barbara on his way home to Paso Robles paid almost $800. Had he paid for RV Plus coverage for about $50 more per year that would have cost him zero.
Old 08-23-2019, 06:09 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Tom, Six hundred dollars seems high. State Farm was around $350 and now Hartford/AARP is only $99 when added with your automobile policies.
Old 08-23-2019, 08:30 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Might be time to shop that quote.
You are probably correct about shopping around but I'm the type of person that has had the same auto insurance company for almost 50 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
For example: with basic AAA coverage your towing coverage ...
This AAA towing example is not pertinent since I'm referring to accident insurance, not towing coverage.
Old 08-23-2019, 08:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Tom, Six hundred dollars seems high. State Farm was around $350 and now Hartford/AARP is only $99 when added with your automobile policies.
I have my auto insurance with a different company and don't want to change. That company was a lot more for rv insurance to be added so I looked around & chose Progressive (years ago). So, at this time, combining auto & rv insurances isn't in the cards.

Also, keep in mind that my 5.0 is fully optioned out including all the custom stuff that ETI agrees to. This increases the value (as delivered) to be insured, let alone all the stuff I'll be adding.
Old 08-23-2019, 10:36 AM   #7
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
shopping insurnace purely on price without considering differences in policy coverage is pretty pointless.

we've insured our loaded Escape 21 for $35000 declared value (trailer plus contents), plus $1M liability.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote