Recent Exchange Rate Drops - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Paper Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2015, 11:46 AM   #21

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Correct. I guess from their perspective though, the price was set in stone when ETI provided them the BOS in USD. As far as I'm concerned, I have 20% equity - and I'm sticking to my story! Never mind that I'll really use the 'extra' money (savings) to pay the sales tax. Shhhhh....
The same happened with us just at a lower exchange at the time . Good for you ! Pat

Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:52 AM   #22

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
How much is gas there? Checked Nelson on Gas Buddy and it said $99.99/litre. So is that $3.79/ US gallon?
I assume that was 99.9 cents per litre or $0.999/litre. Since that would likely be in Canadian dollars, it would be C$3.78 per US gallon, and something like US$3 per US gallon (with an exchange rate-of-the-moment of Cdn$1.00 = US$0.80).

Nelson, B.C. is in the British Columbia interior, so it's never the cheapest place to buy gas.

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:29 PM   #23

Trailer: 17B 2017
In general, I check the CAD rates online, but how long does it take those rates to be used by Tammy's bank. In other words, checking online rates today does not mean my USD sent to tammy's bank will be exchanged at that CAD rate correct?
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:55 PM   #24

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
I assume that was 99.9 cents per litre or $0.999/litre. Since that would likely be in Canadian dollars, it would be C$3.78 per US gallon, and something like US$3 per US gallon (with an exchange rate-of-the-moment of Cdn$1.00 = US$0.80).

Nelson, B.C. is in the British Columbia interior, so it's never the cheapest place to buy gas.
Actually gas in Nelson is cheaper than in Vancouver. Vancouver has some of the highest rates in the province ($1.03/litre or so right now). If you are heading to Chilliwack from the South, don't buy gas until you get to Abbotsford where the price drops. Preferably fill up in the States.
GerriJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 01:06 PM   #25

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-breaker View Post
Yes the exchange rate is definitely a hit for those planning travel to or purchase goods from the U.S. For the majority of Canadian businesses that want to export their goods, including manufacturers such as Escape, the lower value of the dollar boosts foreign purchases of our goods. A cheaper dollar will also have a huge benefit to the canadian tourism industry. So overall, a lower dollar is mostly a good thing. No need to feel sympathy for us.
We sold our 5.0 in US dollars and with completion set for April or so I am happy (or should I say nervously happy) with the rise in value of the US dollar. As long as the price for an Escape in Canadian dollars doesn't go up before that.

Mark
GerriJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 01:10 PM   #26

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocamp View Post
In general, I check the CAD rates online, but how long does it take those rates to be used by Tammy's bank. In other words, checking online rates today does not mean my USD sent to tammy's bank will be exchanged at that CAD rate correct?
The rate you will pay is the rate ETIs bank quotes them. They have a very good bank with favorable exchange rates - not the current forex or oanda rate, because the exchange banks make a small profit for every conversion, but still a good rate.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:29 PM   #27

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
To clarify: The rate you wind up paying is the rate the bank offers on the day the funds are processed. They change every day, so some of it is luck. But, with the pretty steadily falling rates right now, one week later is generally better than one week before. If it were me, considering the current trend, I would pay ETI when the payment is due or as close to that as possible -- not early. Although, as Donna says, YMMV.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:46 PM   #28

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Canadian dollar below 80 cents US this morning. Prediction of 75 cents in the coming year.

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 06:14 PM   #29

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
I have an update regarding recent ETI exchange rates from USD to CND. My first personal check for my new 21 was received by ETI on January 9, 2015 and cashed at an exchange rate of 1.00USD=1.17250CDN. My second, and final, personal check was received by ETI this morning and cashed at an exchange rate of 1.00USD=1.2453CDN. A pretty dramatic change for a roughly three week period. I'm sure I did better than some, but I bet the next few months will be even better for others! No complaints on my end, I got a great trailer at a very fair price and no wait.
Oregonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 06:22 PM   #30

Trailer: 2015 19' Escape "On the Lam"
Thanks for the tips. Think we'll hold off on our final payment--every bit helps!
Gae

oldclimber is offline   Reply With Quote