Register in NYS - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Paper Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2019, 11:14 AM   #1

Trailer: 2006 Casita
Register in NYS

Went to local DMV with paperwork provided by ETI and less than ten minutes and twenty some hundred dollars sales tax later left with plate and paperwork in hand. Now all set to pick up new 19' in about a month.
Loren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 09:36 PM   #2

Trailer: 2023 21C' Escape
Outstanding. I have read on this forum the challenges some folks have had in getting the plates. We live in Iowa and had a very similar experience. Brought in all the paper work, wrote a check and walked out with plates and had them when we picked our trailer up last may. Congratulations.
Cyclones forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 02:41 AM   #3

Trailer: 2001 coachmen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren View Post
Went to local DMV with paperwork provided by ETI and less than ten minutes and twenty some hundred dollars sales tax later left with plate and paperwork in hand. Now all set to pick up new 19' in about a month.
DMV on Rt 12 is by far the fastest DMV I've been to! But then again if someone calls in sick the place is shut down! We are up in Brantingham.

Safe travels!
reetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 06:03 PM   #4

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
reetired, Very nice to see another, local. We are having our new 21 delivered to Adams in about 2 weeks. Hope the DMV is that easy. We usually hit Pulaski, NY DMV. But that is beginning to be a better known secret now. Seems a lot more people using it. I belong to a hunting club in Brantingham, and hope to pull our escape up there for a trip or two this summer. Happy camping. Pete
PeterK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 06:15 PM   #5

You should have no problem. I understand that some require import document to be stamped and trailer has to be in State.

We are retired and plan to spend some time exploring the northwest. Our pickup date is May 1. We live about 9 miles northwest of Lowville.
Old 03-19-2019, 08:51 PM   #6

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
That's great to hear. Are you driving all the way out to pick it up? We live in Honeoye Falls (Rochester) and we are going out Memorial day weekend to pick up "Mystery Machine II", our 19'.
Steve NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 05:38 AM   #7

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
We are having it delivered. March 26th or so the transport company Escape uses, picks it up. It takes about 5 days for them to get to NY. Barring any severe weather issues.
PeterK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 07:48 AM   #8

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Three new Escapes in New York, maybe time for an eastern Escape rally, wait, that is Alf's department....nice to have neighbors.
Old 03-22-2019, 04:47 PM   #9

Yes, we're driving out for a May 1 pickup. Planning to explore for a number of weeks.

Nice to know there are few new Escapes in the area. We looked at a 21 near Shelburne and spoke with another 21 owner in Oswego.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:52 AM   #10

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren View Post

Denied. But not Escape's fault. Registered in my wife and my name (easier when I die she says.....) and so we needed to both be there or I need a copy of her license.

But my attitude was good because I've never made it out in one trip.
Steve NY is offline   Reply With Quote