Temp tag in Colorado issued before pickup? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Paper Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2017, 08:12 PM   #21

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesa View Post
We didn't have anything but the Bill of Sale and paperwork from Escape. If I was pulled over, I was going to use the excuse that Colorado doesn't issue tags until they do a VIN verification which can't happen until the return to Colorado.

In fact, I would use that print-out from the DMV to support not having temp tags.
That is all that many have had.

And you imported it into the state of Colorado (not the state of Washington.) It was imported into the United States at the Washington border but unless you are a Washington resident, you are importing it into your state where you register and title it.

It certainly is inconvenient for those who are required to have an inspection with the trailer present in order to register it, but that is not uncommon apparently. Many people have managed to get tags anyway by simply going to the "right" office. Different answers everywhere, no matter which state you are from, seems to be the norm!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 02:10 AM   #22

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
My bigger concern is if I can go back into Canada a couple days after pickup without a tag on the trailer, and if there will then be a problem coming back into the US. I'm planning to spend 4 weeks or more in the PNW and western Canada after pickup.
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 02:13 AM   #23

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
Any problems going back into and out of Canada without a trailer tag? How much $$$ was the three day travel tag in Washington?
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 05:49 AM   #24

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA (sold) '13 Tundra DC 4.6 tow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFDavis50 View Post
Any problems going back into and out of Canada without a trailer tag? How much $$$ was the three day travel tag in Washington?
No issues going back into Canada. The 3 day permit is $30.
Chuckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 07:35 AM   #25

Trailer: 2013 19' Escape 1977 Trillium 1300
I tried to get a temporary tag for a vehicle I was buying in NJ (I lived in SC) and was told no, as the tags were only good in SC. So I went back and told them I was buying it in SC. "Here's your tag". In my experience, "exceptions can be made" = forget it.
NCBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 08:36 AM   #26

Trailer: Escape 5.0TA (July 19, 2017)
No Tag, No Problem

Just a follow up from my previous post: We picked up our new 5.0 TA (July 19) and had decided to forego the three day tag from Washington State since we had planned an extended trip back to Colorado (via the Olympic Peninsula, Oregon, Idaho and Wyoming). Although seeing a couple state patrol and sheriff department vehicles along the way, we were never stopped. I registered the trailer the day after we got back with no issues.
John
LatLongJohn is offline   Reply With Quote