2008 V8 4X4 Toyota 4-Runner - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > RV Parts and Camping Gear
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2014, 02:57 PM   #1

Trailer: 2004 Chinook Concourse (Molded fiberglass!)
2008 V8 4X4 Toyota 4-Runner

We are upgrading to a 5.0TA and need to sell this wonderful tow vehicle. It is harder to sell this than it was our two Escape trailers (because we are getting an even better Escape trailer!). Our preference would be to sell this great SUV to another Escape Trailer owner!

This will easily tow any Escape trailer up to the 21. We have been towing our Escape 19 and it is wonderful; we average 14.6mpg when towing (over mountain passes included). It has been impeccably maintained (see under-the-hood photo) and is in showroom condition. Toyota no longer makes the V8, so this is a rare vehicle, especially in this condition. We have never had any mechanical (or other) problems with this vehicle; we purchased it new. We get 20-22 mpg when not towing (we don't go over 60mph).

Here are some of the stats:
2008 Sport Edition (no sunroof)
39,000 miles
4.7L V8; 260HP, 306 lb-ft. torque
Towing capacity 7,500 lbs.
Full time 4WD
X-Reas Shocks: improves handling and dampens body roll and pitch
Power front seats
17" Wheels

Options:
Premium JBL 6 Disc Audio with 10 speakers; MP3/WMA playback
Auto dimming rear view mirror w/compass
Anti Theft Alarm System
Daytime Running Lights

Price: $26,000 US

IMG_0392.JPG

IMG_0111.JPG

IMG_0393.JPG

IMG_0396.JPG

IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0391.JPG

Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:15 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
That is a sweet vehicle. I had an older model of the same vehicle until the 21 came into my life. I used my 4Runner for 21,000 miles of towing our Escape 19 and can attest to its quality as a tow vehicle. I had so much confidence in it as a tow vehicle I never went with a weight distribution hitch. It was certainly very stable and had little sag.

I consider the 4Runner a towing machine.

fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 12:50 AM   #3

Trailer: Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
That is a sweet vehicle. I had an older model of the same vehicle until the 21 came into my life. I used my 4Runner for 21,000 miles of towing our Escape 19 and can attest to its quality as a tow vehicle. I had so much confidence in it as a tow vehicle I never went with a weight distribution hitch. It was certainly very stable and had little sag.

I consider the 4Runner a towing machine.
Another happy 4Runner owner here - I've towed my heavy Bigfoot 21 with a weight distributing hitch; while my fuel economy and visibility aren't the best with the big trailer, the power and stability of the 4Runner has been great.

FWIW - the tow rating for a 4th generation 4Runner V8 with 4WD is 7000 lbs. You'd be hard pressed to get an Escape near that rating, but I'm just nit picking

Good luck with the sale - the only reason I'd consider getting rid of my 4Runner would be so I could tow a 5.0.
smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 01:23 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeagol View Post
FWIW - the tow rating for a 4th generation 4Runner V8 with 4WD is 7000 lbs. You'd be hard pressed to get an Escape near that rating, but I'm just nit picking
Thanks for pointing this out! You are correct; I just checked and it is 7,000 lbs.
Old 06-21-2014, 11:01 AM   #5

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2005 Toyota Sienna
Would this very nice 4-Runner pass California smog? it looks very nice and certainly would make a great tv.
Old 06-21-2014, 12:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra L View Post
Would this very nice 4-Runner pass California smog? it looks very nice and certainly would make a great tv.
Hi Sandra,
We don't know if it would pass; perhaps a call to the California DMV would help. We do not have any emission testing requirements in the county where we live, but I think it would pass based on Washington State Standards. Perhaps a call to Toyota dealer in your area would help as well. You could ask them if this model typically does OK with testing, and what it would entail (cost for smogging this vehicle) if it didn't pass. My guess is that it is new enough that it would probably pass, but no guarantee of that. Sorry I can't actually answer your question.

It is a great TV! It is not easy selling it.
Old 06-21-2014, 01:40 PM   #7

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2005 Toyota Sienna
Good idea. Does the back window come down with the lift gate closed? What are some of the other features? I would imagine it has air conditioning, and power windows.I think a person would feel very safe with this vehicle.
Old 06-21-2014, 02:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Good idea. Does the back window come down with the lift gate closed? What are some of the other features? I would imagine it has air conditioning, and power windows.I think a person would feel very safe with this vehicle.
The back window does not open. It is a safe vehicle; did well in all of the crash tests. It's a great tow vehicle because of its V8 engine, which also makes it unique since Toyota no longer offers that in the 4-Runner. You can go to Edmunds and see all of the specs. This model does have some upgraded features, including premium audio system and auto dimming mirror/compass. It does has power windows/locks, AC, and other typical standard features. You will see a list of all this at the link above. We have owned many Toyotas over the years, including two Sienna vans, several trucks, a Rav4, and other 4-Runners. This is by far our favorite Toyota vehicle so far.
Old 06-21-2014, 03:55 PM   #9

Quote:
Good idea. Does the back window come down with the lift gate closed?
Sandra, I was incorrect about the back window. It is a power up and down window.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:57 PM   #10

The 4-Runner is sold.