I'd like to buy your Campfire in a Can for the original price. - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > RV Parts and Camping Gear
Click Here to Login

Old 04-06-2017, 05:14 PM   #1

Trailer: 17b - 2017 model
I'd like to buy your Campfire in a Can for the original price.

I'm interested in getting a Campfire in a Can, however the company that sold them seems to be bankrupt. Anyone out there have one that they aren't using often? I'd be willing to pay the original purchase price for it.

PM me if interested.

paulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 05:29 PM   #2

Trailer: 1804 Schooner
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulk View Post
I'm interested in getting a Campfire in a Can, however the company that sold them seems to be bankrupt. Anyone out there have one that they aren't using often? I'd be willing to pay the original purchase price for it.

PM me if interested.
Sorry, I'm not interested in selling mine. However, the Little Red Campfire sold by Camping World is very similar to the CIAC, and less expensive. You might want to look at them.

Old 04-06-2017, 05:49 PM   #3

Trailer: 17b - 2017 model
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
Sorry, I'm not interested in selling mine. However, the Little Red Campfire sold by Camping World is very similar to the CIAC, and less expensive. You might want to look at them.
Yes, those Little Red Campfires look nice too. I might go down that route, but would prefer the Campfire in a Can if I can find one.
paulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 07:18 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
I wasn't familar with CIAC but I own a Little Red Campfire and love it, especially when I enhance the flame with wood.

I'm really surprised at the similarities. I can see the CIAC is, or was, a higher level product with the aluminum can etc. But things like the base must have come from the same factory. They appear identical.

Good luck on your search.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 08:45 PM   #5

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
A couple years ago I never would have dreamed I would ever buy a propane fire pit, but lately I seem to have hit quite a few campsites that do not allow fires, so we are considering getting one now.

I was looking at the Outland Firebowl Premium, but the Little Red Campfire is appealing for it's size. The Outland is 18" in diameter, and it sounds like the LRC is 11.5", is this correct?

Can you use a hose to your quick connect with the LRC? It looks like the gas volume is controlled on the regulator, and if so I guess you can't.

I do like the fact that the Outland uses lava rock instead of fake logs, but not a big deal. What is a big deal is the Outland Premium does have an igniter and volume controls right on the unit, and can definitely be connected to the LP QC.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:29 PM   #6

Trailer: 1804 Schooner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
A couple years ago I never would have dreamed I would ever buy a propane fire pit, but lately I seem to have hit quite a few campsites that do not allow fires, so we are considering getting one now.

I was looking at the Outland Firebowl Premium, but the Little Red Campfire is appealing for it's size. The Outland is 18" in diameter, and it sounds like the LRC is 11.5", is this correct?

Can you use a hose to your quick connect with the LRC? It looks like the gas volume is controlled on the regulator, and if so I guess you can't.

I do like the fact that the Outland uses lava rock instead of fake logs, but not a big deal. What is a big deal is the Outland Premium does have an igniter and volume controls right on the unit, and can definitely be connected to the LP QC.
I haven't taken a close look at the LRC and its gas control mechanism, but the CIAC uses what I believe is a ball valve to control gas flow and hence the size of the fire; no dial, just a lever. The CIAC did have fake embers and a fake log. I replaced them with dark Fireglass, which you could do with the LRC. Slightly heavier than the fake log, but I like the Fireglass, which I bought on Amazon while I was counting down the months until orientation and delivery day. I would guess that the logs in the LRC could be replaced with lava rock or Fireglass. I also removed the regulator and put a male QD fitting on the CIAC's propane line. An igniter would be nice, but I haven't found lighting it manually to be anything more than a slight inconvenience.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:48 PM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
I do like the fact that the Outland uses lava rock instead of fake logs, but not a big deal.
I added lava rock to my LRC to break up the propane flame look. Added a little mesquite and it almost looks like a real fire.

Ron
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P2030089_resize.JPG (150.3 KB, 34 views)
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 02:57 PM   #8

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
An igniter would be nice, but I haven't found lighting it manually to be anything more than a slight inconvenience.
Very true. I just realized the difference between the OF Premium and the Deluxe models is an igniter and $40. Not sure if it is worth that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I added lava rock to my LRC to break up the propane flame look. Added a little mesquite and it almost looks like a real fire.

Ron
It looks like you are a cheater with wee sticks in there.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 03:10 PM   #9

Trailer: 2016 19 / Toyota 4Runner 2019
Quote:

I have the Outland Mega firebowl and it works great hooked up the Escape exterior propane connection with the Escape supplied hose. Sucks back the propane, but I only use it if there is a fire ban and can't have a real fire.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:19 PM   #10

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15B - 2014 Nissan Frontier SL
Still have my LRC available. Used once $40. See all the items we were divesting ourselves of here:

https://airtable.com/shr7OqBcTXyEXzU1O

techfan is offline   Reply With Quote