Like new Ubiquiti NanoStation M2 and AirGateway LR WiFi/Secure Network Set-up - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > RV Parts and Camping Gear
Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2018, 01:32 PM   #1

Trailer: 2011 Escape 19'
Like new Ubiquiti NanoStation M2 and AirGateway LR WiFi/Secure Network Set-up

I am selling the Ubiquiti NanStation M2 and the AirGateway LR plus an additional power source/POE (TP-DCDC-1224) so it will also work on 12v. I'll include 10 ft & 6 ft Cat 6a/Cat6a (SSTP/SFTP) Shielded Ethernet Cables. I paid $170; Iíd like to get $110.

I bought this equipment in May anticipating it would be useful during our month in Canada. I liked the idea of having a better chance of reaching available WiFi as well as being able to create a private/secure connection. We never did use it; we either had a good connection in the one RV park we stayed in or we used our cell phones instead. We decided our camping style doesnít really need it.

I set it up and tested it at home and thatís it. I have the boxes and also have extended warranties for both units.

This is a great video that talks about the NanoStation set-up in an entertaining (really) way. https://outsideourbubble.com/secure-...for-under-100/ My set-up is the upgrade so it is > $100 he talks about. The additional 12v POE was another $40+.

Peggy

Peggy & Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 04:41 PM   #2

Dropped Price to $85

I have dropped the price to $85 OBO.

Peggy

Old 09-15-2018, 06:27 PM   #3

Trailer: 2018 Ford F 150, Escape 21
While I already have the system & don't need another, just to point out its usefulness, while at the West La Posa area at Quartzsite, I connected with the Love's WiFi around 1 mile from my site & had no problems using the connection. While I use a Jetpack or Mobley cell modem most of the time, having the ability to connect to a distant WiFi network is handy.
Old 09-15-2018, 07:00 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
While I already have the system & don't need another, just to point out its usefulness, while at the West La Posa area at Quartzsite, I connected with the Love's WiFi around 1 mile from my site & had no problems using the connection. While I use a Jetpack or Mobley cell modem most of the time, having the ability to connect to a distant WiFi network is handy.

We have one too and found we were able to connect to access points that the folks with the expensive ones were not able to. Being able to aim it comes in handy. At home I can see pages of wifi stuff and a lot of it is not secured. My phone and tablet only see a few.
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 07:52 PM   #5

Trailer: Looking to buy escape
Does the $85 include shipping to Massachusetts.
cdmixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 08:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmixer View Post
Does the $85 include shipping to Massachusetts.
Let me look into what shipping would cost. Iíll PM you tomorrow.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:52 PM   #7

Trailer: 2015 19 foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetzk View Post
We have one too and found we were able to connect to access points that the folks with the expensive ones were not able to. Being able to aim it comes in handy. At home I can see pages of wifi stuff and a lot of it is not secured. My phone and tablet only see a few.
How do you mount it? And aim it?
bdornbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 10:04 AM   #8

Trailer: 2018 Ford F 150, Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdornbush View Post
How do you mount it? And aim it?
I use a flag pole mount clamped to the rear bumper with a pair of square "U" bolts, and a paint roller extension pole. Velcro the external unit to the pole & aim by sight & trial & error. A Ethernet cable runs between the external radio & the internal WiFi unit - I added a connector at the back of the trailer.
Old 09-16-2018, 02:34 PM   #9

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
I might add that the Airgateway LR router is discontinued now and is an excellent compatible router for this system. While there are a few still available you won't be able to get them soon. This is a great lil combo, and as Jon said works very well. I installed these in the Boy Scout camps in AZ several years ago and they are still in operation every summer.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 04:33 PM   #10

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
I might add that the Airgateway LR router is discontinued now and is an excellent compatible router for this system. While there are a few still available you won't be able to get them soon. This is a great lil combo, and as Jon said works very well. I installed these in the Boy Scout camps in AZ several years ago and they are still in operation every summer.

I like the fact that I can walk quite a distance from the trailer and still pick up the nanostation with the LR version. When we were at the Escape rally we were the only ones in our row who were able to use the campgrounds wifi sorry as it was. Which was funny, we had good water pressure and for everyone else on the row lousy wifi and over by the lake they had good wifi and no water.Or at least that is what someone who was setup over there told us.

wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote