Solar Controller - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > RV Parts and Camping Gear
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2015, 12:57 AM   #1

Trailer: 2017 19 “Lilly”
Solar Controller

I have a Go Power GP-PWM-30 that I no longer need. It was installed by ETI in my 17B approximately 2 years ago, but I have recently upgraded. If you can use it you can have it. You pay shipping. If that's too good of a deal feel free to counter offer. Includes manual and even the original mounting screws!

Old 11-19-2015, 03:36 AM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sclifrickson View Post
I have a Go Power GP-PWM-30 that I no longer need. It was installed by ETI in my 17B approximately 2 years ago, but I have recently upgraded. If you can use it you can have it. You pay shipping. If that's too good of a deal feel free to counter offer. Includes manual and even the original mounting screws!
Pm'd you Matt

Matt

Old 11-19-2015, 08:57 AM   #3

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
What did you upgrade to and why?
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 09:29 AM   #4

I replaced it with a Blue Sky Power Boost 3000i MPPT controller as it offers adjustable voltage 4 stage charging so I can match Interstate's charging recommendations exactly, and thereby hopefully fully charge the batteries as well as extend their useful lifetimes.
Old 11-19-2015, 12:48 PM   #5

Trailer: 2014 5.0 TA Classic (Old School)
Quote:
I replaced it with a Blue Sky Power Boost 3000i MPPT controller as it offers adjustable voltage 4 stage charging so I can match Interstate's charging recommendations exactly, and thereby hopefully fully charge the batteries as well as extend their useful lifetimes.
Hmmm.... That is exactly the controller that I plan I installing in our trailer. I already pulled the converter and replaced it with the Powermax PM4B-45 Boondocker. Is the hole the same size as the Go Power? Thanks.

Scott and Lori
Old Skool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 02:40 PM   #6

The Blue Sky requires a slightly taller but less wide opening. I trimmed the cabinet face with a sharp utility knife and the Blue Sky covered the hole and two of the old screw holes. I filled the two other screw holes and it looks groovy. Was easy to swap the wiring, just have to make sure you disconnect the solar panel first and reattach it last so it doesn't fry the controller if there's nowhere for juice to go. I've also been considering the PM4B-55 but wish the voltages were programmable as they're not quite high enough, especially for equalization.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:43 PM   #7

The GoPower has been claimed and says it's happy to be of further use instead of stuck in that dark box in the back of the garage with all the wires, whom are nice enough, he says, but sort of two dimensional in their social skills.
Old 11-19-2015, 03:24 PM   #8

Quote:
The Blue Sky requires a slightly taller but less wide opening. I trimmed the cabinet face with a sharp utility knife and the Blue Sky covered the hole and two of the old screw holes. I filled the two other screw holes and it looks groovy. Was easy to swap the wiring, just have to make sure you disconnect the solar panel first and reattach it last so it doesn't fry the controller if there's nowhere for juice to go. I've also been considering the PM4B-55 but wish the voltages were programmable as they're not quite high enough, especially for equalization.
Thanks, this is going on my spring to do list. Scott

Scott and Lori
Old 11-19-2015, 04:55 PM   #9

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
I have the Blue Sky Energy Sun Charger 30, it looks very similar but it is a PWM controller. I added the temperature compensation option and wish they had a remote monitor. I like the Trimetric battery monitor but it is a bit overkill. My controller is under the curb side seat and not visible, to keep it near to the battery the only visible option was next to the floor - almost as hard a place to get readings and an access nightmare. A remote monitor would have allowed placement at eye level.

I choose this model for the same reasons. getting batteries charged to the Interstate recommended levels. So far my experience has been, it is difficult to get enough sun on a 120 watt panel to achieve those charge levels. It has to be mid summer and a full day without cloud cover and a completely unshaded area. It happens. but not often.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 05:29 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
I have the Blue Sky Energy Sun Charger 30, it looks very similar but it is a PWM controller. I added the temperature compensation option and wish they had a remote monitor. I like the Trimetric battery monitor but it is a bit overkill. My controller is under the curb side seat and not visible, to keep it near to the battery the only visible option was next to the floor - almost as hard a place to get readings and an access nightmare. A remote monitor would have allowed placement at eye level.

I choose this model for the same reasons. getting batteries charged to the Interstate recommended levels. So far my experience has been, it is difficult to get enough sun on a 120 watt panel to achieve those charge levels. It has to be mid summer and a full day without cloud cover and a completely unshaded area. It happens. but not often.
Yeah, I still have my Trimetric sitting on shelf out in the garage. I’ve been using the digital gauge that plugs into one of the 12 volt outlets, it’s been working okay. Drives my wife crazy when I start “playing” with the batteries and hydro when camping. Scott

Scott and Lori