Wanted Clam insect shelter - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > RV Parts and Camping Gear
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2019, 10:31 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 21 Build due for May Completion - towed by 2018 F150 S/Crew 3.5L EcoBoost XLT/FX4 6.5 Box
Wanted Clam insect shelter

I am in the market for either the 12ft Green or preferrably the Venture. Clam are out of stock, Farm and Fleet have them but will not take orders for BC so I am stumped and cannot get one. I will be at the Osoyoos Rally with our new E21. You will be able to tell buy the way we go about parking and setting down when we arrive on the 23rd. Ho Ho

AnglingMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 01:27 AM   #2

Trailer: 2007 Escape 17B
Check Cabelos in the US. They carry Clam unique to them, or at least that used to when I got mine.

lorrie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 05:56 AM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 2ndG Escape 21'LE DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
I just packed our smaller Clam yesterday for use at Osoyoos, we had the larger one but returned it for the smaller set up which we preferred. You may certainly look at ours to help your choice making.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:34 AM   #4

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
If it matters to you bear in mind that some of the models have rain flaps around the top that fold down to shed water over the side wind/rain panels and others do not. It looks like the Venture has them, but not the green one. This would help in inclement weather.

Could you buy one online and have it delivered to the address of someone in the US that then deliver it to you at the rally? I would bet that any number of people on here would be generous enough to do that.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:12 AM   #5

Trailer: 2013 17b
We have one in the Kootenay’s (Creston) if you wanted to drive a little further
Large Clam Screen tent $150 can, $115 US
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 07:59 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape 21 Build due for May Completion - towed by 2018 F150 S/Crew 3.5L EcoBoost XLT/FX4 6.5 Box
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
If it matters to you bear in mind that some of the models have rain flaps around the top that fold down to shed water over the side wind/rain panels and others do not. It looks like the Venture has them, but not the green one. This would help in inclement weather.

Could you buy one online and have it delivered to the address of someone in the US that then deliver it to you at the rally? I would bet that any number of people on here would be generous enough to do that.
Thanks I did not wish to be that cheeky but as you think it not out of order I will ask the question under general I guess, as the Venture is my No1 choice.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:01 PM   #7

HI, thanks for the suggestion but according to Mr Google that is nearly 6hrs each way for us from Kelowna so will pass for now.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:49 PM   #8

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Looks like Farm and Fleet is a midwest company. None anywhere close to us folks here in Washington.
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 05:46 PM   #9

No worries. Being from the UK which is slightly smaller than the USA!!! we are used to ordering most stuff online as we have quick, easy and very low cost delivery on most things. So we are learning not only about RVing but also about how far everything is apart in North America and consequently what seems easy is not that straight forward for some things.
Old 05-10-2019, 05:55 PM   #10

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17B
We bought our Clam Venture directly through VM Innovations in Lincoln, NE a few months ago. Everywhere we looked they were out of the size we wanted. Clam told us other sellers bought out their supply and it would take a few months for them to get stocked again.

MaryK is offline   Reply With Quote