Weber Q grill, Sale Deal - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > RV Parts and Camping Gear
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2018, 11:40 AM   #1

Trailer: 2014 Escape-21
Weber Q grill, Sale Deal

Camping World (CW) has the Weber Q grill line on sale this week. (in store) The Q1200 usually sells for $199 USD everywhere. In store CW price is $189. This week they also have a mailer out with 20% off Weber grills and another for 10% off any one item. I bought the grill with the 20% coupon for around $160 w/tax. and I got the griddle with the 10% coupon for around $36. One week only sale and you have to have the mailer coupons and be a Good Sam member.(Sale started 9/24/2018.) The Q1200 in stock color was blue in my store, other colors for the other model Q's. I have been looking at the Q1200 for several months and this is the best deal I have seen on this model. (Not endorsing Weber or CW just passing on pricing/sale info.)

Eddie

elongest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 04:23 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Great deal!

Fred M.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:31 AM   #3

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Has anyone painted the lid on their Weber 1200Q?

Fred M.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:46 AM   #4

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0 TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post

Fred M.
I would clean the lid and spray it w/high temp stove paint.
Ian and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 12:10 PM   #5

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post

Fred M.
Fred: First I assume you mean the outside only. You probably know this, but you should never paint the inside of a grill lid. I haven't done a grill lid specifically, but have done some high heat engine paints. Try googling "painting lid on weber q grill". A bunch of hits with people painting lids with varying degrees of success. My inclination would be to start with a paint that is made specifically for this purpose like Rustoleum's Specialty High Heat Spray. Rated to 1200F. Since you full-time this would be a good option because it does not need to be baked to cure properly. On edit: It does say to heat cure to 450F for one hour, but that can be easily accomplished by running the grill on high. I know the Q1200 can get up to almost 600F as read on the lid temperature gauge.

https://www.rustoleum.com/product-ca...gh-heat-spray/
or
https://www.rustoleum.com/product-ca...gh-heat-ultra/
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:32 PM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape-21
Last week I went to Home Depot in Va. and they had the in store Q1200 (black) on clearance for $150. Just returned from the Sebring Fl. Home Depot and the Q was on clearance there for $140. The light weight Q grill stand was on sale for $50. at both stores.
Eddie
elongest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 06:11 PM   #7

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 Escape 19' (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elongest View Post
Camping World (CW) has the Weber Q grill line on sale this week. (in store) The Q1200 usually sells for $199 USD everywhere. In store CW price is $189. This week they also have a mailer out with 20% off Weber grills and another for 10% off any one item. I bought the grill with the 20% coupon for around $160 w/tax. and I got the griddle with the 10% coupon for around $36. One week only sale and you have to have the mailer coupons and be a Good Sam member.(Sale started 9/24/2018.) The Q1200 in stock color was blue in my store, other colors for the other model Q's. I have been looking at the Q1200 for several months and this is the best deal I have seen on this model. (Not endorsing Weber or CW just passing on pricing/sale info.)

Eddie
Eddie, I have been meaning to post a "thank you" for this information. We had been thinking of downsizing our Weber Q so, after reading your message, I went searching for our Good Sam coupons. Drove over to CW and picked up my Q1200 (on-sale, turquoise grill) and presented my coupon. Sure enough, 20% off. Plus, the sales person had an additional $5 off coupon which she used on my purchase. PLUS, since we are long-time Good Sam members, she added on an additional year of membership for free. It's amazing to think that reading this forum can save you $$$.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote