2006 Blue and Silver Escape 17C For Sale - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-16-2018, 03:02 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta
Trailer: 2006 17C
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Wow, Escape painted that during the build!? Looks stunning! A friend of mine has a huge screen with the same JRT you have on your pillow, riding a motorcycle.

Good luck with your sale - someone's going to get a nice looking trailer and one that's probably pretty rare (excluding the paint job).
Apparently, the original owner of the trailer took it to an automotive paint shop to have it painted. Then Escape completed the build after it was painted. I don't think Escape lets that happen any more...probably a big pain to have it done that way. But it looks so good.

Oh yes, the JRT (Jack Russel) pillow. We have a Jack Russel cross and he looks just like the one on the pillow. We had to have it!!
Shawn
__________________

__________________
2011 Toyota 4Runner
2006 Escape 17C
Lost Croz is offline  
Old 04-16-2018, 04:25 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Van., British Columbia
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Posts: 3,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Lost Croz... Looks like coloured gel coat to me? Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
I'm thinking that you might be right. It would make far more sense to use colored gelcoat at time of manufacture and it's only the bottom half.

It's a lot of work to do that kind of quality paint job and it would be a real waste of labor to take the part out of the mold, all shiny and nice and have to sand down the gelcoat to prep it for paint.

It's done, we used to knock out 3 Kenworth cabs a day and they came out of the mold with gelcoat and they were sanded down to a matt finish prior to shipping. Never quite understood why. Maybe because of the diverse color schemes meant it was easier to custom paint rather than use custom gelcoats.

Ron
__________________

Ron in BC is offline  
Old 04-16-2018, 09:20 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 10,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
It would make far more sense to use colored gelcoat at time of manufacture...
Yes, except for the gelcoat colour changeover that Escape factory normally does not do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
... it's only the bottom half.
The bottom is blue, and the top is silver; both parts are painted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
It's a lot of work to do that kind of quality paint job and it would be a real waste of labor to take the part out of the mold, all shiny and nice and have to sand down the gelcoat to prep it for paint.
The other challenge is that Escape joins the upper and lower shells while they are still in their moulds. It wouldn't be very practical (or desirable) to join one trailer outside of the moulds, and it wouldn't be desirable to put the freshly painted shells back into the moulds for joining. Also, handling a loose upper or lower shell out of the mould would be awkward and hazardous to the part, especially if sent out to a paint shop.

If painting during production, it would make more sense to me to form the two parts in the moulds, join them as usual, demould the complete shell, and only then send it for paint (likely on a frame), then bring it back into the factory for completion. The two-colour scheme on one complete body would require masking, but since the belly joint is covered (later) by trim it wouldn't be difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
... we used to knock out 3 Kenworth cabs a day and they came out of the mold with gelcoat and they were sanded down to a matt finish prior to shipping. Never quite understood why. Maybe because of the diverse color schemes meant it was easier to custom paint rather than use custom gelcoats.
That makes sense to me... and the paint maintains its finish better than gelcoat, particularly without regular waxing.
Brian B-P is offline  
Old 04-16-2018, 09:43 PM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta
Trailer: 2006 17C
Posts: 25
2006 Escape 17C Sold (pending pick up)

We have just met with a nice couple and we accepted their offer.

Thanks to everyone for your interest in our trailer, and for the nice comments.

We have loved this trailer and cannot say enough about the exceptional quality of Escape Trailers.

Happy Camping!!

Shawn and Sarah
__________________
2011 Toyota 4Runner
2006 Escape 17C
Lost Croz is offline  
Old 04-16-2018, 09:54 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 4,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Croz View Post
We have just met with a nice couple and we accepted their offer.

Thanks to everyone for your interest in our trailer, and for the nice comments.

We have loved this trailer and cannot say enough about the exceptional quality of Escape Trailers.

Happy Camping!!

Shawn and Sarah
Congratulation! Pat
__________________

Patandlinda is offline  
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.