2011 Escape 5.0 (VIN#345) $28,500cdn - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2016, 07:05 PM   #1

2011 Escape 5.0 (VIN#345) $28,500cdn

2011, Escape 5.0, (VIN#345)
PRICE REDUCED OWNER ASKING $21,000usd or $28,000cdn

Please note this Trailer was manufactured with many of today’s Standard Features and has been well looked after and maintained by Escape Trailer Industries since purchase.

3 Burner Upgrade
Air Conditioner
Bike Rack Ready
Dual 6V Batteries
Exterior 110V Outlet
Exterior Propane Quick Connect
Exterior Shower
LED Lights Throughout Inside of trailer
Hitch Lock
TV Antenna with Power Amplifier
Wall Mount TV Arm
Stereo
12V Outlet in Bed near Coaxial
Opening Window in the Bathroom
Opening Window to the right of the entry door.
Highlift Axle
Solar

This trailer was listed for sale previously. However, the sale was not completed. This trailer is available for viewing at Escape Trailer Industries during normal business hours. For further information please contact Escape Trailer Industries.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4170.jpg   IMG_4155a.jpg   IMG_4159a.jpg   IMG_4167a.jpg  
Old 12-03-2016, 01:43 PM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0
Escape 5.0 for sale

Is this still available? The first time it came up it was snatched up right away. If it is still available I'm interested.

Never mind. We want it but the more sensible half says we haven't got the money right now.
Old 12-03-2016, 01:46 PM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizterwizard View Post
Is this still available? The first time it came up it was snatched up right away. If it is still available I'm interested.
You should call ETI, Tammy and Reace don't monitor this forum all that often. BUT, I think the office is closed until Tuesday. Give it a try though, someone may be working!
Old 12-03-2016, 01:59 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 aka "Bon Temps"
Trailer

Quote:

Never mind. We want it but the more sensible half says we haven't got the money right now.
You could always make an offer, and maybe get a loan from a credit union or rich family member
Old 12-03-2016, 06:06 PM   #5

A loan isn't a problem. We could pay for it with a credit card. We have excellent credit because we don't use it. We don't want to go back into debt for something we can live without. Sometimes I need to be reminded of that and that's one of the reasons I keep my financial adviser close at hand.

On the other hand, she now has had time to mull it over and thinks she wants it. I guess it is my turn to be responsible. It's the pits to have to exercise self control. Abandon is a lot more fun.
Old 12-03-2016, 06:22 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
If Escape is selling the trailer they may limit the amount on a credit card to $2500 due to fees involved, at least that is their policy when purchasing a new trailer. Thus you may need a loan or you borrow from your credit card company with one of those convenience checks, but they normally involve a 3% fee which is added to your finance charges and it gets expensive.
Old 12-03-2016, 06:43 PM   #7

I didn't mean that I would use a card to buy a trailer. I just meant that I have that kind of credit that I wouldn't have any trouble getting a loan. I hate credit card companies. Why should it cost 3% for them to process your money. I could see .5% but I just don't see the value that would make 3% reasonable.

It has always been true that those who most need a loan can't get one but those who don't need/use/want credit can get a loan from anyone.
Old 12-03-2016, 06:48 PM   #8

We used to have a Vanagon Westfalia and really liked it. We haven't done much camping in years but we have started taking more vacations lately. We have been renting condos and vacation homes but think a 5th wheel that was set up to our liking would be better.

Perhaps we need to buy something cheap just to be sure that this is what we want to do with our future. Then we could step up to an Escape if it all works out.

The thing is, this is a particularly nice option and with the lower price and the favorable exchange rate it seems like a golden opportunity. All that glitters......
Old 12-03-2016, 06:51 PM   #9

You are so close to the factory, you really should go and look at this and other models. A lot of Escape owners have purchased their unit sight unseen due to their location being too far away.
Old 12-03-2016, 10:28 PM   #10

Close to the factory? Well, I guess on a globe we are practically touching. On a North America map it still looks close but it's 1200 miles round trip by my butt-o-meter so it doesn't seem that close to me. When we go to the coast we stop off half way to break things up and that's only 450 miles each way.

I guess I'm a wimp. Our idea of travel is to take short legs and enjoy the passage. That is part of why we find the Escape appealing. We figure we could just go until we wanted to stop and then find a spot to put up for the night without having to worry that the motel will overcharge us for just dropping in.

However, there is a trailer only an hour and a half away that we could look at. We haven't done so yet but perhaps it's time.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:35 PM   #11

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
There is hardly any place now where people cannot find Escapes in their region. ETI will give the contact information for owners in any area. It is not necessary to make a big trip. Some people have lots of travel miles or a pile of money sitting around to go up there, or they just want to take the trip for other reasons, but no need.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:47 PM   #12

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Got that right.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2016-12-03 at 9.45.53 PM.png  
Old 12-04-2016, 07:46 AM   #13

Quote:
Close to the factory? Well, I guess on a globe we are practically touching. On a North America map it still looks close but it's 1200 miles round trip by my butt-o-meter so it doesn't seem that close to me. When we go to the coast we stop off half way to break things up and that's only 450 miles each way.

I guess I'm a wimp. Our idea of travel is to take short legs and enjoy the passage. That is part of why we find the Escape appealing. We figure we could just go until we wanted to stop and then find a spot to put up for the night without having to worry that the motel will overcharge us for just dropping in.

However, there is a trailer only an hour and a half away that we could look at. We haven't done so yet but perhaps it's time.
What I meant was to look at the one for sale, a 600 mile trip without towing would not be too far. Several owners travel 1,000's of miles, towing, to attend the Osoyoos Rally over several weeks, which once you become an owner you too may want to pursue, being so close, relatively.
Old 12-04-2016, 04:43 PM   #14

I suppose if we were determined to buy it wouldn't be a big deal to go to Chilliwack and have a look see. Even having examined others it would be a good idea to see the very one we would buy before fully committing to the purchase. It's just that we are not quite ready yet financially to take the plunge. We could go into debt and have it now for sure but that's now how we live anymore. We have found that restraint has some big advantages.

Now if there was a reason why we had to have it right now that would be different but our desire is not a need just yet.
Old 12-04-2016, 05:02 PM   #15

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
I suppose if we were determined to buy it wouldn't be a big deal to go to Chilliwack and have a look see. Even having examined others it would be a good idea to see the very one we would buy before fully committing to the purchase. It's just that we are not quite ready yet financially to take the plunge. We could go into debt and have it now for sure but that's now how we live anymore. We have found that restraint has some big advantages.

Now if there was a reason why we had to have it right now that would be different but our desire is not a need just yet.
Hi: mizterwizard... We on the other hand ran into a nearly new(Used for one trip) 5.0 plus pickup truck. Went into hock at the bank... but we're used to being in there!!! Had 6 seasons of enjoyment using it along with paying for it too. Then we upsized to a new rig a little at a time. Enjoyed every moment of every trip... even the short cuts I wished we had avoided at the time. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Old 12-04-2016, 05:30 PM   #16

Yes, there's that option too. We used to think that way also. We have just decided to pay first and play later. To each their own.
Old 12-04-2016, 05:51 PM   #17

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Life is short...
Old 12-04-2016, 06:22 PM   #18

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA / 2018 GMC Canyon/Duramax
I'm with you mizterwizard, I will be paying cash for my 5.0TA and new tow vehicle. One of the reasons why so many things cost so much is the "Got to Have it Now and will pay anything" thinking.

Loans are ok if you have the means to pay them off early, but unfortunately so many young people are learning it is normal to be in debt to your eyeballs when they can barely pay the rent in today's world.

I learned the hard way myself.

Quote:

Old 12-04-2016, 07:10 PM   #19

life is short

It's true that time is running out for all of us. It may be that I'll die before I buy an Escape but there are worse things that could happen. One of those would be to spend my final years flat broke because I had consumed it all in impatience.

Some say that the one who dies with the most toys wins. Others prefer to die as deep in debt as possible since death cancels all debts. I just want to enjoy the last few years, hopefully decades, without the burden of unnecessary debt but hopefully with a few toys, including a 5.0.

Shoot, I'd like a jet and a chateau too. I'm just not willing to do what it would take to get them.
Old 12-04-2016, 07:22 PM   #20
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Alf is my HERO! I distinctly remember when he was talking about retirement being out about 5 years... but bit the bullet and went into debt to enjoy life NOW not waiting at the station for that "train" that may or may not show up on schedule.

When Reace first posted the new 5.0TA that was in the works (Photoshop picture and the layout drawn on a cocktail napkin), I KNEW that was what I wanted. Yes, everything happened too soon according to my budget and timeline. But I BIT THE BULLET and went into hock and reshuffled my finances and thought I would need to eat Top Ramen for months.... but in the end, I survived... and have ZERO regrets for all the memories I've been able to make since my purchase of Ten Forward (AND THE TRUCK). Life is short. Make every single memory while you can IMHO.