For Sale On Sale: 2010 Escape 5.0 5th Wheel Trailer $21,000 CDN; $19,000 US - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Classifieds Archive
Old 11-28-2014, 01:15 PM   #11
Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Wow! Finally a response to this post. When I first saw that there was some action I thought that someone was actually trying to contact me. Far be for me to get involved in a discussion in the classified section but I feel compelled in this instance, although I doubt that it will enhance the sale. Actually yesterday someone posted on the Fiberglass Trailer Forum noticing that the US price is (nominally) lower than the the Canadian price (I guess they don't know the US dollar is up in value). I, along with the poster (that I don't even know) were instantly admonished by the Moderator of padding the post and his reply was deleted. Thankfully that doesn't happen here.

Wayne, thanks for the endorsement. Three other couples have all looked at this trailer and have said the same. They all had different reasons for passing; didn't think that their tow vehicle could take the load; really wanted a Bigfoot; weren't prepared to commit at this time. In 6 months not one person has mentioned price.

Donna, I totally agree that this is not a good time to sell, hence the sale price for November as an incentive. However this trailer has been on the market since June and the enquiries in November are equal to the other months (actually there were no calls in August). I don't need to put the trailer in storage now, it has been in storage since it was new and is in storage right now. This trailer has been advertised in 5 places since June and at last count, these ads had been viewed more than 6,000 times. On the Fiberglass trailers for sale Canada there are up to 50 hits a day (but not one call).

Glen, the price is going back up Dec.1. The Fiberglass Trailer Forum says I am allowed to do this.

Not so Big Al, "two footitis" is a hackneyed phrase and is not appreciated. Before we bought the 5.0 we looked everywhere for a tandem fiberglass 5th wheel and finding none chose the Escape 5.0. The first thing I said to Reace after making the down payment was "I hope you're not going to come out with a tandem 5th wheel trailer next year". He said "No chance, the 5.0 is as big as we can get in the shop" Well a new shop and the rest is history. I am almost 68 years old, thanks for making me feel good about ordering a 5.0TA, which was what we wanted in the first place and will be the last trailer we will need. Its not the 1.5' of length, its the 8" in width. If I sound overly sensitive, its just that I have been spending, on average at least 1 hour a day for 6 months trying to sell this trailer. In the last six months (by my research) a total of five 5.0's have been advertised. Two have sold, three have not. People just aren't into the 5.0, but it only takes one. Every day I look at the number of visitors to this site or the new members and think"maybe this is the one". 15's, 17's and 19's sell in a matter of days; 5.0 not so much.

dfandrews, I agree that options are a consideration, but it is what it is. But I won't change anything on the new trailer. I don't like A/C. There is not a lot to do inside an Escape in the day time so we spend zero time in there during the day. I have offred to pay for the A/C but it hasn't helped. Lately everyone wants the high lift kit. I asked Reace if the kit Dexter makes would work on our trailer. He didnt know they made one. He is going to bring one in to see if it is a viable option. My heirs will have to worry about selling the next one.

Well that is enough for now.

Old 12-15-2014, 03:40 PM   #12
Sale pending. A deposit has been received.
Thank you
Mark and Gerri

Old 12-15-2014, 05:34 PM   #13
Trailer: Hoping to adopt
And a merry Christmas it will be!
Old 12-15-2014, 05:51 PM   #14
Thanks Wayne, and Merry Christmas to you too.

Glen if you see this you can move this thread to the archives.

Thanks Mark
Old 12-15-2014, 05:58 PM   #15
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
So it is SOLD then?
Not sure I can move it back out of archives, so please confirm it is sold.

2009 Escape 17B "Toad"
2008 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport
North Vancouver, British Columbia

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
Old 12-15-2014, 06:49 PM   #16
Trailer: 2014 21 2013 Yukon
Congrats- a frustrating experience no doubt, but a reminder to everyone it only takes one buyer and when you own quality it is just a matter of time. Also, price is not the most important component of a consumer's decision to buy. Value is, and that is diff'rnt strokes.