For Sale Selling Escape 19 2011 (Reno, NV)-sold - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-13-2013, 09:25 PM   #1

Selling Escape 19 2011 (Reno, NV)-sold

Hello,
We are selling our Escape 19 2011. We have enjoyed it a lot, but want to get something bigger since we may want to full-time rv.

It is in pristine condition. We have added many upgrades, like a killer sound system, professionally installed. We ordered our own LCD High Definition TV (connects into the sound system), plus a memory foam cover for the queen bed, which is a real queen mattress.
We replaced the too-small sewer hose container with a new one that holds a larger diameter hose.
We had the manufacturer add the insulating foam-cell underspray and heating pads (they are activated automatically by cold temperature -- I think maybe 40F or so if they are powered on), Extra insulation and dual pane windows (you really, really want this option), dual 6v batteries, 3 burner stove (white), custom air conditioner* (see notes below on this), exterior 110V outlet, additional passenger reading light, LED interior light package (uses almost no energy at all), storage box on front of trailer, cabinet door at end of bench by entry door, additional LED light at front of trailer over storage box, stainless steel sink and chrome faucet, two way water tank, additional LED brake lights, 2 shelves in closet, 2 extra 12 volt outlets, bike rack hitch, 5.0 cubic ft refrigerator/freezer, silver graphics, additional counter extension off of kitchen wall, reinforced wall for extra flip up counter over the bed, formica limestone 7264-58, 95W solar panel (not attached on roof by request - special outlet in side of trailer for cable to place it wherever you want outside).

Plus, we are throwing in extras like brand-new, unused exterior gas oven, etc.

*Regarding the special-ordered airconditioner -- we were figuring we would boondock a lot, so we wanted an airconditioner that would work on a small generator, as this one certainly does. An added benefit to a slightly smaller watt airconditioner is that it works on a lower input -- like the several times we ended up in parks that only had 20 amp spots available. Worked fine in those situations, when we could not get 30 amp. An other added benefit is that it is quieter than the one they usually put in, at least according to the manufacturer of the Escape trailers (Reace). Nice of them to agree to put it in. Very accommodating, needless to say.

We accidentally ended up traveling when a blizzard occurred. We stayed in Salt Lake City at 8 degrees F, maybe lower. We were fine. This thing is pretty well insulated for this type of trailer, especially with our additions to insulation and water tank pads.

We are non-smokers and have kept this very clean. No solid matter has been in the toilet, even.

We have had annual service as required by warranty, and have had it professionally washed and waxed. Most of its life has been spent indoors.

Asking $28,000.00 obo.

916 455 0566
Attached Thumbnails
trailer.png   trailer_bathroom.png   trailer_dinette.png  
Old 01-13-2013, 10:45 PM   #2

Also included is the distribution bars and hitch.

The airconditioner has plenty of power to keep entire trailer cool. It is a coleman polar cub.
Attached Thumbnails
trailer2.jpg  
Old 01-14-2013, 08:13 AM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I love my Coleman polar cub, have used it in 2 prior units.It is so quiet and it can be used with a 2000 watt genny. What is the 2 way water tank, is the the a/c or propane water heater you are referring to?
Sorry to see you selling, moving up to an Escape 21'?
Old 01-14-2013, 11:26 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I love my Coleman polar cub, have used it in 2 prior units.It is so quiet and it can be used with a 2000 watt genny. What is the 2 way water tank, is the the a/c or propane water heater you are referring to?
Sorry to see you selling, moving up to an Escape 21'?
Hi Cpaharley,

Yes, you are right about that, and we had no trouble using it on 20 amp shore power.

The 2 way water tank we paid for as an option (highly recommended) can use either propane or electricity. We saved a lot of propane by plugging in all the time!

We are probably going to find something with sliders and more room, maybe a class c. The Escapes are great for the normal rv usage -- however for full-time not so much. And in fact, full-timing in them voids the warranty, as I recall....
Old 01-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #5

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyson View Post
And in fact, full-timing in them voids the warranty, as I recall....
I find this hard to believe. I could be wrong, but I don't remember anything restricting its use.

We are looking forward to the day when we full-time (well, for a bunch of months at a time) with ours.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Yes, full timing has nothing to do with warranty. I think there is confusion about full timing and living in a trailer and the associated condensation issues, but warranty, no.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:02 AM   #7

We read the warranty information that specified this in the official Escape Manual. We are looking it up and will provide page numbers, etc.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:02 AM   #8

BTW, the high-def LCD TV has a built-in DVD player.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:15 AM   #9

Page 1, Introduction ESCAPE TRAILER INDUSTRIES - OWNER'S MANUAL

"Recreational Vehicles are intended for part-time, short-term recreational use; they are not engineered or built as permanent year-round living accommodation. "

Under WARRANTY, also on page 1:
"Escape Trailer Industries warrants all Escape Trailers to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service."

Page 2:
"Your warranty may be voided if:
[...]
There is evidence of customer abuse or use for other than its intended purpose".

It is possible that they do not mean to imply a loss of warranty in the case of full-time use, but we thought this might be a likely interpretation. Of course, to be certain, anyone wanting to full-time in an Escape could contact the manufacturer and confirm this one way or another.
I'm sure they would be glad to clarify the point. We may be taking too conservative a reading of the manual here.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:11 AM   #10

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
kalyson, I recall reading that and I take it the same way you do.
The warranty is only two years though so after that time, it wouldn't matter.

By the way, there are a few people full-timing in molded fiberglass trailers smaller than the 19' and they have no problem with it.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:50 AM   #11

Normal use and service is not a measure of time used, but more of how it is used. Pulling over rough rocky roads, hauling construction materials, home for 10 pets, etc. I do exaggerate a bit here, but to me, this is what it means.

Regardless, best of luck with the sale. You have a well spec'd trailer there.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
kalyson, I recall reading that and I take it the same way you do.
The warranty is only two years though so after that time, it wouldn't matter.

By the way, there are a few people full-timing in molded fiberglass trailers smaller than the 19' and they have no problem with it.
Yes, true. We were in ours for a few months and it was fine -- we just figure we'd like more space for full-time. It is a nice trailer, no doubt.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:19 PM   #13

Oh, forgot to add:

TV / DVD is about 22" and is 12 volt

Trailer has window over sink.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:52 PM   #14

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
You might put your mileage in it since buyers are interested in that.
Your price is reasonable considering your added options so someone should snap it up and save themselves some money. You picked good options, too.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
You might put your mileage in it since buyers are interested in that.
Your price is reasonable considering your added options so someone should snap it up and save themselves some money. You picked good options, too.

Thanks! I would have to guess on the mileage since we did not keep records on it. Rough estimate would be maybe 6000-7000 miles...

We are happy to entertain any offers. If we don't get offers reasonably soon we will just trade it in when we get a new rig. Probably would get less, but c'est la vie.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:56 PM   #16

Hi, all,
Looks like we are selling it now -- so I am going to mark this item SOLD.
Thanks to all for your interest in our posting.

--K
Old 01-15-2013, 05:25 PM   #17

Good news. That went fairly quick.