For Sale SOLD: 2013 Escape 5.0 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-25-2016, 04:29 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Anderson, South Carolina
Trailer: looking to purrchase
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
That depends on what you mean by a "gooseneck hitch".

Any fifth-wheel trailer can be towed with the Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection system; several current Escape owners have chosen that system, which can be anchored to a ball mounted in the floor of the truck bed. I suggest searching this forum for "Andersen Ultimate" to find information about use of this product with Escapes, including this 5.0.

There are adapters which attach to the trailer and extend down to a ball mounted in the floor of the truck bed. While this type of adapter could be used with any fifth-wheel trailer (including this Escape), the Escape 5.0 is not structurally suitable for this method of towing.

Thank you Bryan and Merry Xmas.

What adapters would you recommend for safely jackknifing when backing up?

Nancy

.
__________________

Contumacious is offline  
Old 12-26-2016, 03:22 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Newnan, Georgia
Trailer: 2013 Escape 5.0 "Day Break"
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
That depends on what you mean by a "gooseneck hitch".

Any fifth-wheel trailer can be towed with the Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection system; several current Escape owners have chosen that system, which can be anchored to a ball mounted in the floor of the truck bed. I suggest searching this forum for "Andersen Ultimate" to find information about use of this product with Escapes, including this 5.0.

There are adapters which attach to the trailer and extend down to a ball mounted in the floor of the truck bed. While this type of adapter could be used with any fifth-wheel trailer (including this Escape), the Escape 5.0 is not structurally suitable for this method of towing.
Thanks for the great info Brian!
__________________

itoddday is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 09:31 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Newnan, Georgia
Trailer: 2013 Escape 5.0 "Day Break"
Posts: 140
Its still for sale... I will sell for $23,000

Todd
itoddday is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 11:15 AM   #14
Member
 
shark8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Dinwiddie, Virginia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 5.0
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by itoddday View Post
Its still for sale... I will sell for $23,000



Todd


Ahhh, I so wish you were closer to VA!! I have looked at a Scamp fifth wheel but not the Escape. We didn't like a small leak we noticed forming in the door of the scamp and we also didn't like how many mods the owner had to do even after adding on options to his build. His wasn't for sale, we strictly were just looking at his to see if it was something we would be interested in ordering. It was also a little tight but I notice the Escape says it's about an inch taller on height. I wonder if that makes a true difference when inside the unit. I also like the layout of the bed much better on the Escape. Do you have pictures of the bathroom. Would you say you feel cramped when trying to shower?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shark8 is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 12:14 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
fudge_brownie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Janesville, WI, Wisconsin
Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
Posts: 1,221
Quote:
I so wish you were closer to VA!!
You are kidding aren't you. A rare trailer like this up for sale a mere 600 miles away and you wish it was closer! I bet there are only ten of these trailers east of the Mississippi. Two in Missouri, two in Iowa, don't count: the one in Illinois counts, the one in Mass. there must be a few more. Not sure I can come up with 10.

I do not think you are a serious buyer.
__________________
Paul and Janet Braun
2003 Toyota 4Runner V8 now 2012 Toyota Sequoia V8
Escape 19' 2010 now 2014 Escape 21'
fudge_brownie is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 12:22 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Newnan, Georgia
Trailer: 2013 Escape 5.0 "Day Break"
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by shark8 View Post
Ahhh, I so wish you were closer to VA!! I have looked at a Scamp fifth wheel but not the Escape. We didn't like a small leak we noticed forming in the door of the scamp and we also didn't like how many mods the owner had to do even after adding on options to his build. His wasn't for sale, we strictly were just looking at his to see if it was something we would be interested in ordering. It was also a little tight but I notice the Escape says it's about an inch taller on height. I wonder if that makes a true difference when inside the unit. I also like the layout of the bed much better on the Escape. Do you have pictures of the bathroom. Would you say you feel cramped when trying to shower?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have added pictures of the bathroom into my drop box and they can be viewed here... https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8s56bomj1...bh62k429a?dl=0

I didn't realize I had no pictures of the bathroom in there.

I'm 6 foot and 240 pounds... The bathroom is small but manageable for me. I have head room and enough room to get the job done comfortable, but it is not as small a Casita... I couldn't move in one of them, and my head rubbed the ceiling.

Todd
itoddday is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 12:33 PM   #17
Member
 
shark8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Dinwiddie, Virginia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 5.0
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
You are kidding aren't you. A rare trailer like this up for sale a mere 600 miles away and you wish it was closer! I bet there are only ten of these trailers east of the Mississippi. Two in Missouri, two in Iowa, don't count: the one in Illinois counts, the one in Mass. there must be a few more. Not sure I can come up with 10.



I do not think you are a serious buyer.


Wow, that was unnecessary considering you aren't even the seller! Step back would you!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shark8 is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 12:43 PM   #18
Member
 
shark8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Dinwiddie, Virginia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 5.0
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by itoddday View Post
I have added pictures of the bathroom into my drop box and they can be viewed here... https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8s56bomj1...bh62k429a?dl=0

I didn't realize I had no pictures of the bathroom in there.

I'm 6 foot and 240 pounds... The bathroom is small but manageable for me. I have head room and enough room to get the job done comfortable, but it is not as small a Casita... I couldn't move in one of them, and my head rubbed the ceiling.

Todd


Thanks for the bath pictures. Escape gave me a contact for someone local who would possibly allow me to view their 5.0. I'll see if they are available so I have an idea of what I'm looking at in terms of comparison to a scamp. If it's still for sale by that time, I'll reach out. Thank you for the info an additional picks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shark8 is offline  
Old 02-23-2017, 11:22 AM   #19
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Rosman, North Carolina
Trailer: 2015
Posts: 2
Wondering if you got my message yesterday and if you still have your 5.0

Loupehole
loupehole is offline  
Old 02-24-2017, 03:55 PM   #20
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brennan, Michigan
Trailer: None
Posts: 2
Interested in purchasing

Could you let me know if your Escape 5 is still for sale? I am in Michigan and would like to come to view/buy
__________________

Gdb190 is offline  
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.