A Bunch of Electrical System Questions - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2019, 07:32 AM   #31
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 2ndG Escape 21'LE DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrisetrucker View Post
That's the beauty of this set up. If one battery is down I can quickly remove it, put it in the back of my TV and hook it up to trailer plug on the TV. And when I drive off to do some sightseeing lo and behold when I get back to the campsite I have a fully charged battery.

Ya gotta love it.
Unless it is the day of departure and you will be using 12v/propane for your refer.....

Old 02-04-2019, 12:38 PM   #32

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Senaca,
The 12 Volt Side of Life is a good read, but an older article. Another interesting read is The RV Battery Charging Puzzle by Handymen Bob. I like both articles and printed them both out.

AKCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 09:49 AM   #33

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
Thanks for the recommendation on the second article. I'll read it. The first article was extremely helpful, for the basic orientation, and for some of the more general observations. My takeaway--getting a handle on your personal pattern of electricity consumption and your personal style of camping have to be the drivers of making sensible choices. Until you've done the first and know the second, you're flying blind.

BTW, you guys are making unwarranted assumptions about the quality of a $200 generator. I don't want to pick a fight, and, sure, if you buy a new Golden Lotus (or whatever) off ebay (bilingual instructions--Mongolian and Mandarin) you'd be right. But if you've got a neighbor who's hired somebody to conduct a garage sale and that somebody has told him he'll be lucky to get 40 cents on the dollar, max before the sales guy's cut, for stuff that's new in the box with the price tag still on it, it's not that hard to do.
Seneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 12:36 PM   #34

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seneca View Post
BTW, you guys are making unwarranted assumptions about the quality of a $200 generator. I don't want to pick a fight, and, sure, if you buy a new Golden Lotus (or whatever) off ebay (bilingual instructions--Mongolian and Mandarin) you'd be right. But if you've got a neighbor who's hired somebody to conduct a garage sale and that somebody has told him he'll be lucky to get 40 cents on the dollar, max before the sales guy's cut, for stuff that's new in the box with the price tag still on it, it's not that hard to do.
Nothing wrong with buying a used generator if you can save a lot, just make sure it’s an inverter style. I think if I had it all to do over I would have waited on a generator since I have yet to really NEED it.
AKCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 01:08 PM   #35

Trailer: 21’ due 02/13/19 The Last Hurrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKCamper View Post
Nothing wrong with buying a used generator if you can save a lot, just make sure itís an inverter style. I think if I had it all to do over I would have waited on a generator since I have yet to really NEED it.
Same here.
I bought a used one off Craigs List but have yet to find a use for it.
With our new Escape, the plan is to leave it home.

Ed