A word of caution on the new "self-dumping awning - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 02:28 PM   #81

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
It's interesting how people can interpret the same chain of events differently. I am impressed with how ETI dealt with this, first by trying their best to install a non-standard piece of equipment, and then the owner calling on a Sunday afternoon as the trailer is in the production line. Of course, others will interpret this in a negative light. But as is often said on the forum...YMMV.
Absolutely agree with your observations. I cannot think of many companies, in particular RV manufacturers, that would work with customers on many non-standard features. It is disappointing to be told "no" but, based on the description of the original poster, Escape gave it a try and, as you mentioned, actually called on a Sunday in order to work the problem.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:48 PM   #82

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Take a look at this photo, then tell me where you would put the mounting bracket for the right side support - and not have it behind the entry door when it's open, and also how you would lower the right side support arm and still be able to open the entry door.

As you can see from the second photo, this one of a 21, the bracket isn't an issue there because the awning is further to the right of the entry door - a position which isn't possible with the 5.0TA.
Robert: Per the photo the classic 5.0TA had the manual awning extend much farther towards the front of the trailer to clear the door. It is not evident to me why this same thing couldn't be done on the new mold. Since the support arms store in the lead rail on the newer Carefree Freedom awning the issue with interference on the rear awning style window in the stored position is moot.
Attached Thumbnails
classic5.0TA.JPG  
Old 08-14-2017, 02:52 PM   #83

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbrightsteve View Post
We sent in the signed options list for our 5.0TA a full month before the due date. On it we chose the manual awning option that was offered.
If I understand this correctly, the manual option was offered by Escape on the build sheet which they supplied; it was not a special request from the purchaser. Is this correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
... and then the owner calling on a Sunday afternoon as the trailer is in the production line.
This quite clearly says that is was not the owner who called, or created the urgent situation:
Quote:
A few sundays ago we got a call from Tammy saying that there was no way they could figure out how to mount the manual awning on the fifth wheel.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:09 PM   #84

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
...but I am not the least bit impressed with the organization.
and now the countdown begins.... we need an emoji for dejà vu

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Old 08-14-2017, 04:22 PM   #85

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
This quite clearly says that is was not the owner who called, or created the urgent situation:
My original post said "how ETI dealt with this, first by trying their best to install a non-standard piece of equipment, and then the owner calling on a Sunday afternoon..." whereas I should have stated the "owner of ETI" to make it more clear. Yes, it was certainly Tammy who initiated the call on Sunday to ask the buyer for their input.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
Old 08-14-2017, 04:44 PM   #86

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
awning

I didn't ask ETI to do something wierd, I chose an option that they offered. I have no idea where support brackets are supposed to go. I have seen 3 or 4 escapes in my life . I am not an Escape expert or designer, but Tammy and Rease are the experts and designers. They should have figured this out BEFORE they offered me the option. And called me long before the day prior to the start of production. Anyway, I'll get over it and I'm sure it will be a really nice trailer.
But it still amazes me how folks on this forum are ready to shoot the messenger that has anything critical to say about ETI.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:54 PM   #87

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Awning

I should have said" some folks" on this forum, but I'm waiting for Bennett to chime in with a new label for me because he thinks I'm not "happy" and positive like he is.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:56 PM   #88

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
I didn't ask ETI to do something wierd, I chose an option that they offered. I have no idea where support brackets are supposed to go. I have seen 3 or 4 escapes in my life . I am not an Escape expert or designer, but Tammy and Rease are the experts and designers. They should have figured this out BEFORE they offered me the option. And called me long before the day prior to the start of production. Anyway, I'll get over it and I'm sure it will be a really nice trailer.
But it still amazes me how folks on this forum are ready to shoot the messenger that has anything critical to say about ETI.
I think people jump to the defense of Tammy and Reace because they have a really strong history of being fair, being super helpful, and doing lots of mods that AFAIK no other trailer manufacturer would even consider.

and also the Escape seems like a very good value.... AFAIK.

but i guess they made a mistake here, or something slipped thru the cracks.

but the punchline is... you'll be thrilled with your trailer, i'd bet.

cheers

John
Old 08-14-2017, 05:10 PM   #89

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
I think people jump to the defense of Tammy and Reace because they have a really strong history of being fair, being super helpful, and doing lots of mods that AFAIK no other trailer manufacturer would even consider.
Yep and it really is that simple.... besides them both being really great folks!

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Old 08-14-2017, 05:11 PM   #90
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
And it amazes me when you trash the entire organization, rather than have something critical about a specific point, that it would surprise you that some would jump to Escape's defense.

Words have meaning. When you say you're "not at all impressed with the organization", you're not criticizing an oversight regarding an awning, you're questioning the entire company. It is a silly and unfair criticism, and I'll just repeat what I said earlier. Get to know them better and you'll find that the "organization" is made up of some of the nicest, fairest, most accommodating and decent people you're likely to ever do business with. They do however happen to be human, and thus the occasional error.