The radio is up and running
I really didn’t want to drill holes in “Escaping Reality” to get power from the batteries; finally I realized the wires coming into the trailer terminate at the inverter. Why not take the radio circuit from there? So using fused 10 AWG wires I made a short 3 foot run terminating with an Anderson PowerPole. The 8 foot fused power supply that comes with the radio is 12 AWG so I’m quite comfortable with what I’m using. Heck, the radio uses less than 10A.
Next came deciding where the body of the radio and tuner should be located. My first try in an overhead cabinet looked like s disaster with ugly wires hanging down. Not only did it look ugly but would be something for Gonzo th’ Dawg to get tangled in. I looked under the rear seat again and saw plenty of unused room so off to Home Depot for cleats, Velcro and a plastic container large enough to hold everything. Screw down the cleats, cut a couple slots at the bottom of the container to thread the Velcro through, cut a hole in the back for the antenna wire, cinch everything down and wola, project complete, I think.
Life is Good
When "Escaping Reality" Sold 5/2016