Another Compressor Refrigerator - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2015, 06:47 PM   #11

Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for 4th Maiden Voyage
It all depends on one style of camping of course but I think the importance of refrigeration is over rated. For me ..... I use a YETI ice box. They are expensive but have thick enough insulation to hold ice for a pretty long time ...... but then I have been observed drinking a warm beer once in a while.

StarvingHyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 07:16 PM   #12

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
i have been thinking of buying a YETI cooler a small one as a back up to my fridge (which is the small one) the YETI is very heavy so im thinking i would buy the small one or i could never get it in my car. They are very nice but $.

Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 07:28 PM   #13

Trailer: 2016 Tacoma Off Road, 2017 21
For me, it is important - I sometimes dry camp for a couple of weeks on end, 30 or more miles from the nearest resupply. Solar, good refrigeration, and careful use of water are pretty imperative!
Old 02-18-2015, 10:19 PM   #14

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19'
If I bought a $30,000 trailer I shouldn't have to carry an ice chest with all the extra weight and bother to keep my drinks and other main items cold. I do carry a small ice chest for the day trips because cold delectables during a wine picnic are most enjoyable.

"Want Some Ice Cubes?, "Want a Frozen Margarita?", Want a Jump?"
hotfishtacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:23 PM   #15
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotfishtacos View Post
If I bought a $30,000 trailer I shouldn't have to carry an ice chest with all the extra weight and bother to keep my drinks and other main items cold. I do carry a small ice chest for the day trips because cold delectables during a wine picnic are most enjoyable.
We've heard this before. IMHO it's not how much you PAY for the trailer, it's about the conditions you are willing to deal with. I've owned an all-molded trailer for more than 12 years. An ice chest is part of my Packing List. YMMV

And in case you are a newbee to these trailers, I have friends that spent A 'EL of a lot more for their trailer than I did on Ten Forward.. and THEY have refrigerator issues. This is NOT an ETI problem. Just cruise the big forums (RV.net, IRV2.com) and you'll have a HUGE learning experience when it comes to refrigerator problems!

And BTW the CasitaForum has a HUGE thread going about refrigerator issues.. and THEY are all molded towables.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:39 PM   #16

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotfishtacos View Post
If I bought a $30,000 trailer I shouldn't have to carry an ice chest with all the extra weight and bother to keep my drinks and other main items cold.
You would expect the fridge in a more expensive trailer to perform better, but alas, you and I know that isn't always the case. There are small fridges in pop-up trailers that will freeze your food rock solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I have friends that spent A 'EL of a lot more for their trailer than I did on Ten Forward.. and THEY have refrigerator issues. This is NOT an ETI problem. Just cruise the big forums (RV.net, IRV2.com) and you'll have a HUGE learning experience when it comes to refrigerator problems!
True, and another confirmation of the wisdom in buying an Escape. What other TRAILER manufacturer would go to such lengths trying to correct this issue they didn't cause?
Old 02-18-2015, 10:44 PM   #17
Site Team

Everyone, no matter the build or how much they SPENT on buying their trailer is trying to figure this out.

If you are an engineer and have the knowledge to solve the problem.. you will be a gazillion-aire. If you're not... carry ice, or make it!
Old 02-18-2015, 11:23 PM   #18

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Can make solid ice packs 1/2 gallon juice and milk cartons . Looked at the Yeti however bought a Penquin from Amazon 35 qt . They make ammo cases too . Very thick walls will keep ice for at least 10 days in hot weather . However I have a truck for carrying . Also use a regular ice chest if not hot . I just will make do with this frig .
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:28 PM   #19

Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for 4th Maiden Voyage
I'd like to start a new thread ... "Dry Camping". I don't know how to start a tread. Can someone help? .... or more importantly ... would any one be interested?
StarvingHyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:47 PM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingHyena View Post
I'd like to start a new thread ... "Dry Camping". I don't know how to start a tread. Can someone help? .... or more importantly ... would any one be interested?
We don't have a forum set up for your topic... so maybe General Chat (until some moderator moves it ) General Escape - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Hit the button that says "new thread" kinda on the left side... button.

Hope this helps a bit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New.jpg (16.1 KB, 0 views)