Backup Camera Report - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2019, 10:48 AM   #21
P&L

Trailer: Escape 19 2015
We have perfect luck with Tadi Brothers too. Unfortunately, it was installed incorrectly by Escape, and our reception was poor likely because of the added AL insulation. We purchased an extra long cord for inside the trailer and had BEST Buy help us with the installation in our vehicle and again in the trailer. Finally everything is perfect. My husband doesn't use it as much, but when I pass a vehicle, I like seeing if I have room to move over. Great tool!
P&L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 04:13 PM   #22

Trailer: 2018 19'
RVS 155W troubleshooting

My new to me 2018 19' has the RVS 155W backup camera. I have not been able to pair it since purchasing the trailer in August. It will start the pairing countdown then ultimately say "no signal". Talked with RVS rep who said make sure camera is getting power. I guess it lights up red if power/what she indicated. I'm not hooking up til end of January so won't be able to check that. Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on troubleshooting so I can get this thing to work before leaving in a month for AZ? Have a call in to Dustin at ETI but no call back yet.

I guess I am wondering how to check if there is power getting to the camera as well as how to check the wiring if needed. Or am I missing something simple in the pairing process? The manual doesn't really cover troubleshooting nor does the RVS website.

Thanks for any insight you may contribute!
Old 12-14-2022, 05:34 PM   #23

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
On our 2019 trailer, the RVS camera is powered only when the trailer's running lights are powered. I'm pretty sure there's no red light when our camera is powered.
If your trailer's running lights are on and the camera and display still won't pair, the wiring is accessible through the adjacent overhead storage compartment.
Cowger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 05:59 PM   #24

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucram View Post
My new to me 2018 19' has the RVS 155W backup camera. I have not been able to pair it since purchasing the trailer in August. It will start the pairing countdown then ultimately say "no signal". Talked with RVS rep who said make sure camera is getting power. I guess it lights up red if power/what she indicated. I'm not hooking up til end of January so won't be able to check that. Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on troubleshooting so I can get this thing to work before leaving in a month for AZ? Have a call in to Dustin at ETI but no call back yet.

I guess I am wondering how to check if there is power getting to the camera as well as how to check the wiring if needed. Or am I missing something simple in the pairing process? The manual doesn't really cover troubleshooting nor does the RVS website.

Thanks for any insight you may contribute!
On the Furrion you can detach the camera from the camper and plug it into the screen mount.
Then you’re able to pair it hardwired. Also there is a power indicator light for the one I have.
Maybe see if there is a YouTube for yours.
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 07:18 PM   #25

Trailer: 2018 19'
Thanks for your help. Will troubleshoot when weather warms up a tad. Brrrr

Tags
backup monitor, camera, electrical, rear, rear view