Battery and furnace - do I expect too much? - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2013, 09:01 AM   #51

Trailer: 19'
Cool, thanks for the reply! j

jamie beers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:44 AM   #52

Trailer: Escape
Jubal, you are experienced in electrical systems and I know you did some wire upgrades for thicker gauge, have you tried this?

When I installed the PM4-45 MBA converter the only wiring change I made was using a 8 guage wire (was 10 ga) to connect the 12 V ground out of the WYCO distribution unit to the ground junction to equal the 8 guage 12 V battery positive wire that connects the WYCO unit to the batteries.
The adantages of the PM4-45 MBA converter :
It does not hesitate to transition to the bulk charge rate on demand. Better for generator use.
It is a four stage charger. PM4B models now includes built-in desulfation cycle to prevent stratification that can lead to battery sulfation.
I also made the change so I could use the PM4-45 MBA to maintain the batteries rather than buy a seperate exterior charger.
Concerning batteries:
http://www.helioselectric.com/sales/...roducts_id=288

Old 11-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #53

Anyone have any experience with the 1000W or 1500W inverters Escape installs? Quality? Function? Upgrades? j
Old 11-20-2013, 01:45 PM   #54

Trailer: 2012 17B
I've got the 1500 watt inverter. I don't speak electric at all. What I can say is I ran the furnace for almost 24 hours in heavily overcast skies and the light gauge (with water and tanks measured as well, whatever that is called) said 3/4 charge and the digital one below the dinette said 83 and 12.5.
Sally P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #55

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
I had a1000 watt inverter installed. The samlex unit comes with a remote panel for power readings and on/off. Escape did a nice job installing it and the unit works well.

Dave
dave1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:35 PM   #56

Thanks for the responses. j
Old 12-18-2013, 02:50 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotfishtacos View Post
Jamie, I got the TS-45 without the MPPT (Maximum Power Point Tracking) option. I thought that was overkill for me. I did get the TS-M2 Meter and added a temp sensor on my batteries for temperature compensation. It is now essentially a commercial grade, programmable solar charging system.

Steve
Just thinking more newbie thoughts about getting the most out of batteries/solar. I imagine that one could reasonably get the TS-45 controller and Trimetric 2025 monitor, without the TS-M2 meter. Seems like the TS-M2 would not be needed with the Trimetric monitor? j
Old 01-29-2014, 09:08 PM   #58

Trailer: 2014 19' hatch date Feb. 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvansnell View Post
I bought my Trimetric from a local dealer, WeGoSolar (Solar Panels Canada | Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverters | Surrette Solar Deep Cycle Batteries | Solar Panel MPPT Controllers | Complete Off-Grid | Grid-Tie| Solar Electric Systems | Vancouver Island BC Canada), located on Vancouver Island. Their price was as good as I found anywhere and their service was excellent. You will need a shunt and wiring kit also which they sell.

You can spend money on a new battery or you can spend the money on managing your 12 volt system.

I had a few questions about setup and got an excellent response from the manufacturer, Bogart Engineering. They really seem to know what they are doing.
Hi Brian, How long did it take to complete your TM Battery monitor installation? Thanks
Howard

ADKzookeeper is offline   Reply With Quote