Battery bypass switch - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2014, 07:48 AM   #51

Trailer: 21' Escape
I was under the impression that the dual 6 volt batteries were located under the dining area but have seen pictures that had them outside strapped to the back. Where are they located in the 21'?
Thanks

floorpanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:32 AM   #52
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Each trailer model has them differently, on the 17' they are outside,on the rear bumper, on the 19' either in the front storage box or inside under front dinette, in the 21' they are located in rear, inside under the dinette.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:16 AM   #53

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Sure. I'm aware of the need to keep the battery topped up. When sitting connected through 120V, I seldom see it above about 13.2 volts, at least in cold weather, so I don't think I'm cooking the battery (just serviced it a few days ago). The first time I saw the solar panel take it up to 14.1 volts temporarily, I was a bit shocked until learning that's part of the charging schedule. Thanks.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:15 AM   #54

Trailer: 2014 19. Birthing date June 23
Ok. So now i'm confused. On my build sheet i have the solar panel. The primary reason for the Solar is to keep my battery charged. Will that not be efficent? I have ordered 1 95 watt panel
PAB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:22 AM   #55

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19 & 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAB4 View Post
Ok. So now i'm confused. On my build sheet i have the solar panel. The primary reason for the Solar is to keep my battery charged. Will that not be efficent? I have ordered 1 95 watt panel
The Escape supplied optional solar panel works great to charge your batteries, and allows you to stay for extended (potentially indefinite) time periods in unserviced campsites. With the solar panels, your durations of stay will be limited by your food, water, and waste rather than your power requirements.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:40 AM   #56
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
In effect you have 2 charging systems, one solar and one 120v, both of which work together to keep your batteries charged for the times you do not have 120v available. You can turn off the switch and just let the solar keep the batteries happy, it just gives you more options, like a second pair of shoes.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:55 PM   #57

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Sometimes, if batteries are constantly plugged in there is a possibility of "boiling" and you can lose some of your liquid. It is always a good habit to check your battery liquid once a year and add distilled water if need be. Other than that consequence, there is no need to turn "off" the battery.
I agree. A suitable maintenance charger (or maintenance mode on a multi-purpose charger or converter/charger) shouldn't cause problems with over-charging or "boiling".

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote