Battery Fuse - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2018, 07:04 PM   #1

Trailer: 2016 19 ft trailer
Battery Fuse

Hi, Everybody;

We have a 19 foot 2016 Escape trailer. When we were at the 2018 rally in Osoyoos we had a problem with the electrical system. Fortunately, Reace and Nigel were there to figure out what the problem was. It was the 50 A battery fuse that had blown so we replaced it (on Reace's advice) with a 40 A. Nigel said that it might be water getting into the 7 pin connector so we bought a cover for that. (Strangely, we have learned that if the cable is facing downwards when the trailer is in storage, the rain just gathers in the cover.)

But, camping recently, the fuse went again. So, does anyone know what the problem is or what we are doing wrong? Thanks for any help that you can offer.

Cheers,

Phil & Laura
Lake Country, BC
Old 08-18-2018, 07:25 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I now put my 7-pin connector up on the frame, under the propane tank cover, to keep it dry.
I had tried a latex glove, tightly wrapped at the wrist, and it filled with rain water.
Old 08-18-2018, 08:12 PM   #3

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentine View Post
Hi, Everybody;

We have a 19 foot 2016 Escape trailer. When we were at the 2018 rally in Osoyoos we had a problem with the electrical system. Fortunately, Reace and Nigel were there to figure out what the problem was. It was the 50 A battery fuse that had blown so we replaced it (on Reace's advice) with a 40 A. Nigel said that it might be water getting into the 7 pin connector so we bought a cover for that. (Strangely, we have learned that if the cable is facing downwards when the trailer is in storage, the rain just gathers in the cover.)

But, camping recently, the fuse went again. So, does anyone know what the problem is or what we are doing wrong? Thanks for any help that you can offer.

Cheers,

Phil & Laura
Lake Country, BC

Don’t know what is causing the fuse issue. But, we use a 7-pin cover too, and face it up by propping it like a pretzel under and up through the cable. I like the cover, as it keeps spiders and other critters away from the contacts.

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 05:41 AM   #4

Trailer: None now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Clark View Post
Don’t know what is causing the fuse issue. But, we use a 7-pin cover too, and face it up by propping it like a pretzel under and up through the cable. I like the cover, as it keeps spiders and other critters away from the contacts.

Ours blew the fuse when we first started using it. I suspect it happened because the battery was a bit low so the surge from the inverter/charger was more than the 40 amp fuse could handle.

There was a discussion about this earlier you might find useful.
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f9...ues-13003.html
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote