Camping World Propane Hose - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2013, 03:25 PM   #1

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Camping World Propane Hose

When we picked up our 19, Escape had run out of hoses to connect to the quick disconnect outlet. We stopped in at a Camping World in Oregon and picked up what looked like the perfect solution: male quick disconnect on one end and a fitting on the other end that looks like the top of the one-pound disposable propane cylinders. I assumed I could connect this end to the regulator on my old Coleman stove. Everything seems to connect fine, but I get almost no flow at the Coleman burners. I thought maybe the issue was having two regulators in series (one on the Escape, the other at the stove) but a guy at a nearby propane supply company said this shouldn't be a problem. I tried calling Camping World which was pretty much a waste of time. Has anyone else used this hose with their Escape?

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #2

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
When we picked up our 19, Escape had run out of hoses to connect to the quick disconnect outlet. We stopped in at a Camping World in Oregon and picked up what looked like the perfect solution: male quick disconnect on one end and a fitting on the other end that looks like the top of the one-pound disposable propane cylinders. I assumed I could connect this end to the regulator on my old Coleman stove. Everything seems to connect fine, but I get almost no flow at the Coleman burners. I thought maybe the issue was having two regulators in series (one on the Escape, the other at the stove) but a guy at a nearby propane supply company said this shouldn't be a problem. I tried calling Camping World which was pretty much a waste of time. Has anyone else used this hose with their Escape?
Hi Parker! I don't think you want two regulators in series. This will surely affect propane flow. The hoses that Escape provides have no regulators, just the quick disconnect fittings on each end. I use these with my Coleman Q120 Barbeque but I first removed the regulator from the barbeque and installed a quick disconnect fitting. What type of Coleman stove do you have?

"Want Some Ice Cubes?, "Want a Frozen Margarita?", Want a Jump?"
hotfishtacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
The quick-connect on the Escape is low-pressure, same as your inside stove and furnace. The Coleman stove requires the higher pressure propane. You will never get the pressure you need for the Coleman stove from the quick-connect.
2007 Norwegian Elkhound "Baxter"
santacruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:46 PM   #4

Parker, it sounds like you folks are on the road right now. If like santacruzer says you have a high pressure stove you can just buy a small propane bottle now to connect directly to the stove so you can use it during your trip. Have Escape send you the hoses you need when they get them. I bought three 15 footers from Escape.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #5

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 "Sunny" , tow - Highlander XLE
propane quick connect question

Quote:
Originally Posted by santacruzer View Post
The quick-connect on the Escape is low-pressure, same as your inside stove and furnace. The Coleman stove requires the higher pressure propane. You will never get the pressure you need for the Coleman stove from the quick-connect.
I'm also trying to figure out how to use my quick connect propane.
This option sounded good when we were ordering, but we haven't figured out how to use it.
Can any of you suggest a low pressure portable stove that would work well for outside cooking?
Cozy Rosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by santacruzer View Post
So I made a couple of bad assumptions. I thought the round fitting that screws onto the top of the one pound cylinders was a regulator and that the stove operated on low pressure, same as the stove in the Escape. Apparently that's just a fitting to connect bottle pressure straight to the burners. Hmmm. Now that I think about it, have a five pound propane tank and hose at home that I connect directly to the Coleman....with no regulator in the line. Which, of course works fine. So what do I do with this quick disconnect outlet on the Escape? Does it run a different kind of stove? And this Camping World hose.....do they intend that for use with high pressure straight from a tank connection? Apparently so.

Thanks!
Old 06-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotfishtacos View Post
What type of Coleman stove do you have?
It's an old, well used two burner stove designed for the one-pound disposable cylinders. I'll continue to use it that way for now. With the Escape line regulated down to 11" pressure, I'll have to look for a different stove I think.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
It's an old, well used two burner stove designed for the one-pound disposable cylinders. I'll continue to use it that way for now. With the Escape line regulated down to 11" pressure, I'll have to look for a different stove I think.
Hi Parker. That fitting that screws into the propane bottle is a fixed high pressure regulator that takes the bottle pressure down to the working pressure of the stove. Either propane bottles directly or a high pressure line is required to make the stove work properly. You cannot supply this from the Escape quick disconnect which is a low pressure supply.

On my trailer I use the low pressure quick disconnect to run my Coleman Q120 Barbeque or a CampChef Gas Fire Pit. For my stove (high pressure) I either use propane bottles or a hose I rigged up that connects directly to a tee on one of the large trailer propane bottles. I also have a low pressure stove but don't use it because the high pressure model is more adjustable, cooks better and stays lit during windy days so that is my stove of choice...
Old 06-28-2013, 04:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotfishtacos View Post
Hi Parker. That fitting that screws into the propane bottle is a fixed high pressure regulator that takes the bottle pressure down to the working pressure of the stove. Either propane bottles directly or a high pressure line is required to make the stove work properly. You cannot supply this from the Escape quick disconnect which is a low pressure supply.
Well, at least the mystery is solved now and I won't be running around looking for a problem that doesn't exist. We'll have to have a look at the available stoves, but you bring up a good point regarding low pressure stoves possibly being more susceptible to wind. We don't barbecue all that much, so I may just go back to the 5# portable tank. We're more likely to be boiling water for pasta or making pancakes outside than grilling.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:08 PM   #10

It's hot out here on the West Coast right now...stay cool and have a great trip back!

Steve