Draining Water System - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-27-2014, 03:52 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
padlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southwick, Massachusetts
Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Posts: 3,823
Draining Water System

Attempting to drain the water completely out of the trailer after filling the system with bleach/water for sanitizing, how is this accomplished without low point drains? Is a compressor the only means? I can drain the hot water tank and the fresh tank but not the lines. Am I missing something?
__________________

__________________
Happy Motoring
Bob
padlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 05:07 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
PGDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Southern Alberta, Alberta
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Attempting to drain the water completely out of the trailer after filling the system with bleach/water for sanitizing, how is this accomplished without low point drains? Is a compressor the only means? I can drain the hot water tank and the fresh tank but not the lines. Am I missing something?
Hi Bob

What we do is flush the lines out, just let the water run for a few minutes and your done.

Cheers
Doug
__________________

__________________
Doug & Eileen
2015 Escape 5.0TA
2015 GMC Sierra Crew 4X4 6.2 8 speed
PGDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 05:13 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
padlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southwick, Massachusetts
Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Posts: 3,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGDriver View Post
Hi Bob

What we do is flush the lines out, just let the water run for a few minutes and your done.

Cheers
Doug
Thanks Doug, that's kind of what I was figuring but was hoping you could easily drain all the water out. That's how I'd prefer to leave it between trips.
__________________
Happy Motoring
Bob
padlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:04 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Dave Walter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19 & 15B
Posts: 1,872
If you wanted to, you could blow out the lines with an air compressor same as you would do for winterizing.
__________________
2013-19' & 2013-15B {avg is two 17's}, towed by 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:12 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
padlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southwick, Massachusetts
Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Posts: 3,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-breaker View Post
If you wanted to, you could blow out the lines with an air compressor same as you would do for winterizing.
Understood, just a bit of a hassle as my compressor lives in the basement so I have to run the hose out the window.
__________________
Happy Motoring
Bob
padlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.