Dri-Dek? Bamboo floor mat? What for shower floor? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-30-2016, 09:43 AM   #11
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: York, Pennsylvania
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 13,503
I have used the teak mat method in all 3 of my Escapes, there are clear rubber feet on the bottom which elevates the mat off the floor, no marring, no scratches. Remove the mat and wipe up any dirt or just flush down the drain. The mat is not cold on your feet in the middle of winter and it gives a finished look to the floor.
__________________

__________________
Jim
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why………..Mark Twain
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 10:02 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Posts: 7,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I have used the teak mat method in all 3 of my Escapes, there are clear rubber feet on the bottom which elevates the mat off the floor, no marring, no scratches. Remove the mat and wipe up any dirt or just flush down the drain. The mat is not cold on your feet in the middle of winter and it gives a finished look to the floor.
Well put. Ours doesn't touch the gelcoat anywhere, because of the little rubber feet on the bottom rails.
__________________

__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 10:08 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
MyronL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Edgewood, New Mexico
Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Posts: 2,038
That teak looks great. I may have to do that. Meanwhile, found this, at Home Depot, I think, and went low-rent. Cut it to fit. Feels good, especially on cold mornings. Helps us keep our bare-footing in there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bath1.jpg (177.0 KB, 68 views)
__________________
Myron
"A billion here, a billion there...add it all up and before you know it you're talking real money." Everett Dirkson
MyronL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 10:18 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Posts: 7,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
That teak looks great. I may have to do that. Meanwhile, found this, at Home Depot, I think, and went low-rent. Cut it to fit. Feels good, especially on cold mornings. Helps us keep our bare-footing in there.
Nothing wrong with that solution Myron. The Microban in the rubber means it won't mildew either. I would keep an eye on the floor underneath though, for any discoloration caused by the matt. Keep a good coat of wax on the floor maybe.
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 10:22 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Notasulga, Alabama
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L 4x4
Posts: 1,103
Has anyone tried custom-cutting a piece of this Rug Pad rug underlay stuff? Comes in several colors (white, black, beige if they stock it) in rolls of various widths and lengths (if they stock it) - relatively inexpensive. Just curious. It sticks down well and stays in place on dry gel coat. Not sure if it will stick or slide on wet gel coat like on a shower floor.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Style-Selec...ug-Pad/3915293
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 10:30 AM   #16
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: York, Pennsylvania
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 13,503
The nice thing about the teak floor is it allows dirt to fall below, some of these mats mentioned appear to have too small openings thus trapping more than allowing to escape below. Just my $.02 worth observation.
__________________
Jim
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why………..Mark Twain
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 10:44 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Notasulga, Alabama
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L 4x4
Posts: 1,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The nice thing about the teak floor is it allows dirt to fall below, some of these mats mentioned appear to have too small openings thus trapping more than allowing to escape below. Just my $.02 worth observation.
Is that $.02 CAD or $.02 USD?
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 10:54 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
bouterse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sarnia, Ontario
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
Posts: 106
$.02 USD = $.03 CAD. But since we no longer have pennies, it would round up to a nickel.
bouterse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 10:57 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Notasulga, Alabama
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L 4x4
Posts: 1,103
With the Rug Pad product, I was thinking more about non-slip and warmth to bare feet when using the bathroom at night. We try to not track too much chunky dirt into the camper that would end up on the bathroom floor. We let an outside shoe scraper step handle that chore as best as possible, or just leave really dirty outside shoes outside and change to slip-on mocks for inside. I'm sure we're not alone in that....
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 11:10 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 3,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
With the Rug Pad product, I was thinking more about non-slip and warmth to bare feet when using the bathroom at night. We try to not track too much chunky dirt into the camper that would end up on the bathroom floor. We let an outside shoe scraper step handle that chore as best as possible, or just leave really dirty outside shoes outside and change to slip-on mocks for inside. I'm sure we're not alone in that....
If you don't clean the teak mat and reoil it will get ugly white spots on the wood from the water . The Dri-Dek has never damaged the floor of shower . The holes are large enough for water and small dirt debris to pass through . Comes in several colors . Never slippery . Doesn't hurt our feet and we are 70 . A lot cheaper to purchase then teak . 20 to do bottom of shower . Have a teak shelf in shower but don't stand on it with my dirty shoes . You also wouldn't at home if you had mat . Ours has been in shower 3 years . Also have a wood cabinet but the Dri-Dek is what we use for floor . Pat
__________________

Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.