electrical schematic - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2014, 11:21 AM   #1

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
electrical schematic

OK, I admit it, lots of time I can't find something that's right under my nose.

I have to admit I expected to find an electrical system schematic in the factory manual but there doesn't appear to be one. I don't see one in any of the other documentation provided and so far haven't been able to find one on this site.

I give up, is there one?

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:27 AM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
OK, I admit it, lots of time I can't find something that's right under my nose.

I have to admit I expected to find an electrical system schematic in the factory manual but there doesn't appear to be one. I don't see one in any of the other documentation provided and so far haven't been able to find one on this site.

I give up, is there one?

Ron
Hi: Ron in BC... I doubt it!!! Due to so many variations and mod's. a standard schematic might not be available. I'd call ETI to be sure. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:57 PM   #3

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
I wouldn't expect to find one, at least not in the owner's manual. The electric schematic for any vehicle I've owned is found in the service manual, not the owner's manual; my other RVs have not included a schematic in their owner's manual. I had to trace wires to partially construct a wiring diagram for my Boler (by following wires) to fix up its wiring mess.

There are exceptions, of course... there was apparently a simplified schematic in Scamp and perhaps Trillium manuals, but they had few options or allowed customizations, and fewer model variations than Escape.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:25 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 E21
Kim sent us the attached for a 21. I know it's not a schematic per se, but maybe it'll be a bit useful.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 21' electrical plan.pdf (167.0 KB, 320 views)
Old 05-01-2014, 11:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by abby View Post
I know it's not a schematic per se, but maybe it'll be a bit useful.
Thanks for that. Actually the Scamp schematic was quite useble and I did expect to find one with the materials Escape provided.

There may be some additions to some trailers in terms of outlets, inverter etc. but I'm guessing that underneath it all there is a huge amount of commonality. Normally possible extras are indicated with a notation etc.

No worries, I've already made some changes switching to a two battery bank system and adding a battery switch and inverter. Still, it would be nice to have the schematic. But heading to Moab tomorrow and ending up at the Osoyoss meet in June. I'll button hole Rease and ask for a copy of the schematic that must exist in the shop.

Ron
Old 10-24-2014, 12:20 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape 5.0
Greetings Ron. I'm a newbie here. Have you gotten any electric schematic yet? Can you post it if you do please? I'm quite confuse with DC system and the control (relays) installed . Thanks.

Steve
SteveLiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 01:12 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
On DC wiring, it seems the common wiring is a dual conductor cord (one red side, one black) while options like additional 12V drops are spliced in with single conductors (separate +/- wires) on my 21. I saved every pic of a 21 build I could find that showed wire routings in process and verified in person at the factory; was pleasantly surprised the routings are pretty organized and easy to get to (except for the fridge area) to make changes. There aren't any separate relays in my 21; I'm guessing you are referring to the ones for the front jacks on the 5 - they should be covered in that manufacturers literature.

One the 21 plan shown earlier, I'd rename "cable" to "cable routing" since it has nothing to do with a television.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 02:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveLiu View Post
Have you gotten any electric schematic yet?

Steve
I wish. So many projects, so little time But it's still on my list because I think it's something people should have available.

Ron
Old 10-25-2014, 10:55 AM   #9

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
What I would like to see is pictures of my trailer under construction that shows where all the wiring runs are, before they cover them all up with the padding, etc.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:15 AM   #10
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
What I would like to see is pictures of my trailer under construction that shows where all the wiring runs are, before they cover them all up with the padding, etc.
I found those by searching through the "It's Friday" posts owners have posted. Does take a bit of time, though. In general the horizontal runs are just below and attached to the glassed-in wooden blocking about a foot off the floor where the seats, bed, and lower cabinet internal shelving are attached for support. The vertical runs are in the corners behind the padded corners (which remove if you pop the pretty button to remove the screw that hold them in place.) Only runs under the padding are out to the ceiling mounted items.

www.RVWidgetWorks.com
Old 10-25-2014, 12:04 PM   #11

I've looked at some of those construction photos and you're right, some show some of the wiring that's hidden in the finished trailer. If I'd have realized when my trailer was under construction that there wouldn't be a schematic in the manual I would have been much more aggressive in taking my own construction photos.

I'll be at ETI on Tuesday and if I have a chance I'll snap some detail shots if I can.

Ron
Old 10-25-2014, 05:51 PM   #12

So maybe I can pop them corner padding buttons and remove the padding to more easily snake my solar controller remote wires up from that corner's floor to the dinette ceiling cabinet area. Looks like a good avenue for doing no harm.
Attached Thumbnails
sol-mon.jpg  
Old 10-25-2014, 06:55 PM   #13

Trailer: No more Escape 21
Myron, the corner padding is a good wire chase, go for it.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:03 PM   #14

Quote:
Looks like a good avenue for doing no harm.
No doubt. When I was doing my raised dinette I noticed ETI ran wires up that route on the drivers side.

Ron
Old 10-25-2014, 07:04 PM   #15
Commercial Member

Actually the foam corner thingies are quite flexible; I've just tucked wires behind it without removing it. Use a plastic tool for smoothing sheet rock mud.

www.RVWidgetWorks.com
Old 10-25-2014, 07:10 PM   #16

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #3
Myron, the corner pieces come off, and are re-attached, very easily. I've removed mine multiple times for modifications. Can't tell I've been there. Have fun!!
Tom
TAfraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 10:03 PM   #17

Got it done, thanks much. Now I'm wanting to run wires from inverter under dinette seat street side, to back to the shore power duplex outlet under the fridge. Why? A boondocker by choice and now got solar in my pocket. Anyone done this conversion?
Old 11-05-2014, 10:49 PM   #18

If I understand correctly, you want to power the outlet under the fridge from the inverter.

I've installed my inverter but haven't had time to deal with this aspect. I agree, it's a nuisance to run an extension cord along the floor to a device when a wall outlet is nearby.

Since the wiring to the outlets runs from the converter I was going to look at putting a double pole-double throw switch nearby to act as a transfer switch. I haven't looked at how many outlets are on one circuit but probably several are. Is there any reason why this can't be done?

Ron
Old 11-06-2014, 07:13 AM   #19

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Got it done, thanks much. Now I'm wanting to run wires from inverter under dinette seat street side, to back to the shore power duplex outlet under the fridge. Why? A boondocker by choice and now got solar in my pocket. Anyone done this conversion?
Easily done. See http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...back-4395.html
jamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:39 AM   #20

Right, Ron. Two - repeat TWO - duplexes next to the bed and both are useless unless you're using shore power. Why didn't I see this coming when doing my build sheet? (Maddening!) I will replace the current (no pun intended) duplex wiring with a new run from the inverter. -- hoping, Doug, it really is easily done. Getting a hand in there down and dirty behind the water pump will be fun.