Holding Tank Readings - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-29-2016, 05:56 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
padlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southwick, Massachusetts
Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Posts: 3,818
It would be the same on the 21 as the Casita, but some folks are saying they go by how many days it's been.
__________________

__________________
Happy Motoring
Bob
padlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 07:01 AM   #22
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: York, Pennsylvania
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 13,659
You can do the same in the 21 as you did in your Casita. If the grey is full your shower floor will be wet and you can peer down into the toilet also.
__________________

__________________
Jim
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why………..Mark Twain
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 07:40 AM   #23
Member
 
kirkman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: elmira, New York
Trailer: egg camper 2007
Posts: 30
Holding Tank Readings

I have heard from one of my friends that he is having success with this product.
Welcome to TankTechs where we solve holding tank problems, GUARANTEED!
He tells me IF you fallow the directions and give it time to do its job. It works for clearing up censor problems.
I use it and in my eggcamper (escape wannabe) for odder control and there is no smell from my black or gray tank after it gains the quorum.
Hope this helps.
Jason
__________________
Jason
If you think you are too small to make a difference just try sleeping with a mosquito –- The Dalai Lama
kirkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 11:20 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Vermilye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oswego, New York
Trailer: 2016 Tacoma Off Road, 2017 21
Posts: 2,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
Do you have Horst probes Jon?
Thanks for any info.
No, although I hear they work better than the standard ones...
__________________
Jon Vermilye My Travel Blog
Travel and Photo Web Page ... My Collection of RV Blogs 2016 Tacoma, 2017 21
Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 11:33 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: los angeles, California
Trailer: 2017-21' Escape born Dec 28, 2016, Casita 17' (sold)
Posts: 1,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
You can do the same in the 21 as you did in your Casita. If the grey is full your shower floor will be wet and you can peer down into the toilet also.
Thanks Jim

I'm confused, though, as I know the black tank in a 21' is under the bed.... and ETI told me that from the base of the toilet there is a bend in the pipe before it goes into the black tank... so how does one peer into the tank?

the related question is how would one stick a rinsing wand into the black tank, if the pipe bends on the trip into it?

thanks.
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 01:01 PM   #26
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: York, Pennsylvania
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 13,659
Well, if the liquid is high enough in the tank it must be coming around the bend, n'est-ce pas?
__________________
Jim
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why………..Mark Twain
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 02:03 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: los angeles, California
Trailer: 2017-21' Escape born Dec 28, 2016, Casita 17' (sold)
Posts: 1,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Well, if the liquid is high enough in the tank it must be coming around the bend, n'est-ce pas?
Thanks for clarifying Jim.
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 02:20 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Posts: 10,720
Seems to me that a bend leading to the tank would easily clog up.
I'd like confirmation of this information, cause it seems unlikely that ETI would create a potential problem with the black tank.
__________________
2009 Escape 17B "Toad"
2008 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport
North Vancouver, British Columbia

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 03:01 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 9,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
I'm confused, though, as I know the black tank in a 21' is under the bed.... and ETI told me that from the base of the toilet there is a bend in the pipe before it goes into the black tank...
The black tank is directly under the toilet, and to increase the volume it extends under the bed (in a 21') or under other adjacent cabinets (in other models); it isn't just under the bed, it is so big that it is under the toilet and the bed. It doesn't seem to me that there could possibly be a bend in the pipe between the toilet and the black tank, because there is no pipe between them: the toilet sits directly on the top of the tank. I think there was some confusion in the communication with the person at ETI.

It would be great to point to a photo from the It's Friday! thread to illustrate this, but I don't recall seeing this detail in a photo - the emphasis is usually on the cabinets and finishing.

I have a large fifth-wheel with a toilet up at the bedroom loft level and a blank tank under the main floor level, so there is about a metre of pipe between them and it has a couple of bends and I understand that a waste pipe is possible, but that height difference just doesn't exist in an Escape so there's no space for a bend.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 03:25 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: los angeles, California
Trailer: 2017-21' Escape born Dec 28, 2016, Casita 17' (sold)
Posts: 1,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
The black tank is directly under the toilet, and to increase the volume it extends under the bed (in a 21') or under other adjacent cabinets (in other models); it isn't just under the bed, it is so big that it is under the toilet and the bed. It doesn't seem to me that there could possibly be a bend in the pipe between the toilet and the black tank, because there is no pipe between them: the toilet sits directly on the top of the tank. I think there was some confusion in the communication with the person at ETI.

It would be great to point to a photo from the It's Friday! thread to illustrate this, but I don't recall seeing this detail in a photo - the emphasis is usually on the cabinets and finishing.

I have a large fifth-wheel with a toilet up at the bedroom loft level and a blank tank under the main floor level, so there is about a metre of pipe between them and it has a couple of bends and I understand that a waste pipe is possible, but that height difference just doesn't exist in an Escape so there's no space for a bend.
aha - all this also makes sense.
__________________

Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.