Holding Tank Routine - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 12-15-2016, 02:35 PM   #61

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardr View Post
The way you clean out your black tank is how I'm expecting to clean out mine, by running the hose under the trailer, through the main and bathroom doors. I was hoping to use the bathroom window, but my expectation is that the screen for the frame-less bathroom window does not open.
Also very important if you can let the black tank sit for as long as you can before you dump . We find the Oderless liquidifies everything there isn't any solids left . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 03:58 PM   #62

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
The only time I've ever used the wand on my black tank is when I am in a full service campsite. I run the hose in the rear driver-side window or under the trailer. I can take as much time as I need.
I cover the toilet with a piece of Saran Wrap with an x cut in the middle for the wand, and put the toilet seat down to hold it in place.
Old 12-15-2016, 09:53 PM   #63

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
The only time I've ever used the wand on my black tank is when I am in a full service campsite. I run the hose in the rear driver-side window or under the trailer. I can take as much time as I need.
I cover the toilet with a piece of Saran Wrap with an x cut in the middle for the wand, and put the toilet seat down to hold it in place.
Of Course Glenn . That is what we do . Also have our own cleanout at home . I had it installed when I had a tenchless system put in at home . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 10:00 PM   #64

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
Black tank sprayer

This is an older thread where last year I asked if anyone had installed a black tank sprayer. I was surprised that there were no answers, since quite a number of black tank sprayers have been installed in Casitas.

I am considering installing one in my 21. I think it shouldn't be too hard since the black tank is fairly accessible.

If anyone has installed a black tank sprayer, please post what type you installed, where on the tank you installed it and how satisfied you are with the results.
Old 10-30-2017, 10:07 PM   #65

I just use a wand from time to time. How "clean" does it need to be?
Old 10-30-2017, 10:09 PM   #66

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
+1

john
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 10:29 PM   #67

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
+2

That's why we have an opening bathroom window. Hose in, rinse, done.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 10:52 PM   #68

I've used my wand once since the last time this topic came up.
Old 10-30-2017, 10:56 PM   #69

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
+3
Not found any need for anything beyond an occasional rinse with hose.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 11:31 PM   #70

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
This is an older thread where last year I asked if anyone had installed a black tank sprayer. I was surprised that there were no answers, since quite a number of black tank sprayers have been installed in Casitas.

I am considering installing one in my 21. I think it shouldn't be too hard since the black tank is fairly accessible.

If anyone has installed a black tank sprayer, please post what type you installed, where on the tank you installed it and how satisfied you are with the results.
The only one I’m aware of who added one was Jon V. on his 17B. He used the Tornado sprayer on the black. You can see it here under “New Modifications for 2013”:

Trailer Modifications
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 05:36 AM   #71

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
The only one I’m aware of who added one was Jon V. on his 17B. He used the Tornado sprayer on the black. You can see it here under “New Modifications for 2013”:

Trailer Modifications

after watching this video , I am thinking the tornado would be the way to go.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 09:30 AM   #72

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I have never done anything more than use a wand to rinse the tank once a year at the most. Never had a problem either.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 09:39 AM   #73

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
Quote:

Rick and Vicky,
I will absolutely have a black tank flush on my new 21. I was planning on asking ETI to install one during the build process but if they won't I will install one myself.I have watched youtube videos on how to install them and it looks pretty easy.I have one on my current Lance trailer and it works great. I use it every time I dump the black tank and I never have problems with smell or clogs in my black tank. It is so much nicer than having to run a hose into your trailer through a window or door, into your bathroom, and down your toilet. Camco makes a couple of after market models, the Quickie Flush and the Tornado. There are other brands out there too.
matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 09:43 AM   #74

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I have never done anything more than use a wand to rinse the tank once a year at the most. Never had a problem either.
I've never even done that and when I look inside I can see a mostly clean plastic bottom. I wonder what folks are planning to do with these immaculate black tanks?

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:04 AM   #75

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
I appreciate the posts with useful information. The other negative posts, I could do without.

Various mods are important to different people. Rather than telling people how their mod is unnecessary and a dumb idea, I just don't post unless I feel I have something positive to add.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:05 AM   #76

Quote:
I appreciate the posts with useful information. The other negative posts, I could do without.

Various mods are important to different people. Rather than telling people how their mod is unnecessary and a dumb idea, I just don't post unless I feel I have something positive to add.

Amen !
thiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:07 AM   #77

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
We've been very pleased with just occasionally using a wand. We only use it when the sensors aren't giving accurate reads, and after about 10 minutes of cleaning, we are good to go.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:18 AM   #78

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:

Looking at the posts I see no one actually being negative. Someone stating their experiences, questioning a need for some specific option/mod is a part of normal discussion. If someone said "wow what a stupid idea" I could see the point, but no one has said anything even close to that.... maybe some humor sometimes, but nothing deserving of this level of affront IMHO.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:23 AM   #79

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
I am on the same page as Greg and a Theresa. A quick spray with the wand (a couple of minutes at most), and the sensors are reliable. I think the sensor misreading are caused by some toilet paper sticking to them. Re odors: only get them when the dump valve is open.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:31 AM   #80

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:

Did something get deleted? I too looked back and could see nothing saying anyone's modification was unnecessary or a dumb idea.

As usually, a few folks chimed in with what works for them, which is a great way of sharing ideas. I can't could how many times members input helped me change direction of where I first thought I would be going with an idea. This is one of the great things about this forum.

Case in point and on topic. I bought a Tornado rinse system 5 or 6 years back thinking it would be the right thing to do. After discussion here and FGRV I deemed it not necessary. I believe I still have it in my garage if anyone would like it. I had meant to bring it to the swap meet at a rally.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote