Hot water tank temperature - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2016, 08:27 AM   #21

Trailer: '87 Bigfoot 20DLX 5er (sold) - 2017 Escape 5.0 TA: Sep-17
Katrina, the key parameter isn't how long your shower is, it's how long the water runs.

You wet your hair, turn off the water (button on shower head), lather up, turn on the water and rinse, turn off water, etc. This way the water may only run two minute during your 7 minute shampoo.

For me, the challenge isn't running out of hot water (short hair) it's staying warm during the shower in cold weather. At home, the hot shower keeps me warm, in the trailer I'm not using enough water to stay warm. This is respectfully true because I like to squeegee and dry the walls before I dry me.
ReagentGrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:36 AM   #22

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReagentGrade View Post
For me, the challenge isn't running out of hot water (short hair) it's staying warm during the shower in cold weather.
Is there such a thing as cold weather in Texas?

I do know what you mean though, but find that wet chill kinda invigorating, especially when you get to be dry and cozy real soon.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:54 AM   #23

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Is there such a thing as cold weather in Texas?

I do know what you mean though, but find that wet chill kinda invigorating, especially when you get to be dry and cozy real soon.
Best part of my day some days. Reminds me of the slogan they used to print on the canvas bag that hung in front of the radiator. Desert Water Bag " Cools by evaporation". Ever drink out of one of those?
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 09:40 AM   #24

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
If you run the hot water heater on electric at the same time it's running on propane, the supply of hot water is not an issue. It runs similar to an on demand hot water heater.
tdf-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 10:11 AM   #25
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
If you run the hot water heater on electric at the same time it's running on propane, the supply of hot water is not an issue. It runs similar to an on demand hot water heater.
But, it's still a conventional heater, in that it heats the water in the tank. Once the initial heated 6 gallons are used, as the tank refills, even the two way water heater won't be able to keep up, and you will run out of hot water. The two way will help heat the water faster though.

We don't have the two way, but we've not missed it. Plenty of hot water for both the wife and I to shower - as long as we use the shut off method.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk