How long will propane last? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Old 05-17-2016, 03:48 PM   #11
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
With 80 nights of sleeping in our Escape, we have refilled 3 tanks. Add the 1St tank that was filled at the factory and we get about 20 days per fill. We don't have the electric option for hot water and cook most meals in the trailer. If we have hookups, we use a small electric heater. A reasonable amount of time using the furnace as we boondock about half the time. We use electric for the fridge when hooked up.

Kevin & Barbara
Thanks to the interstate highway system, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything - Charles Kuralt
kstock11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 04:01 PM   #12
Trailer: Escape 19' 2011
We recently returned from two months (9 weeks) in Arizona. We camped where we had electric 24 days and 39 days without. So, propane use for cooking only when on electric. We ran the furnace and water heater very little. During the trip we filled a 20lb tank three times. I haven't filled after the trip, but we didn't start with full tanks either. So something over 13 days of 'fridge and cooking per tank.

Last September we traveled to the Big Horn Mt. in Wyoming. We camped with electric 10 out of 25 days with three 20lb propane bottle fills. Same use as in Arizona but for the furnace, it was cold with lows in the mid 30F. Here about 5 days per 20lb bottle.

So for us, with little propane water heater use, we get between 5 and 15 days per propane fill.

I think the furnace and water heater are the big propane draws. Cooking and 'fridge aren't that heavy.

Our limits, with solar for electric, are the black holding tank and the fresh water tank.

Your mileage may vary. :-)

Hugh Currin
2011 Escape 19
1955 Shasta 1500
currinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 05:54 PM   #13
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
On a 21-week trip last year I used twelve tanks of propane. This was under a wide variety of conditions, using the furnace when I needed it. For about 3-4 weeks early in the trip the furnace wasn't working, though.
Mike Lewis
She don't lie, she don't lie, she don't lie-- Propane.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 06:49 PM   #14
Trailer: Escape 19
We just got back from camping and the weather was crumby ! Really cold so we used the furnace for three full nights as well as the fridge on propane for three nights and three days. I just got home from a propane fill and all we burned was six pounds of propane..
No cooking just heat and the fridge. We are really pleased with that

Bluegrouse is offline   Reply With Quote