Identification of panels in 17 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2018, 06:37 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Identification of panels in 17

In the 17A pictures on the ETI website, the very last one shows the kitchen with one electrical panel to the far right above the stove hood, and another to the left above the sink, on either side of the upper kitchen cabinet. In the 17B pictures, there's only the right hand panel.

Sorry, I can't seem to successfully link to the photo. Here's the eti 17a page: The 17 Foot Escape The link to the pictures is in the second screen as you scroll.

Anyway, can someone identify what each of those is? Thanks for your help.
Old 02-07-2018, 06:45 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
For the last image on the "A" series of photos, the device to the right is your monitor station for the battery & tanks, and switches for the water heater & pump. Only there if you have tanks & water heater. The one to the left is a GoPower solar controller.

The "B" photos only have the monitor panel, again, only installed if you have solar.
Old 02-07-2018, 06:48 PM   #3

Thanks! Exactly what I needed. So for my A, the monitor will show battery level, and have a switch for the fresh water pump? (no hot water, no gray or black tank)
Old 02-07-2018, 07:35 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
Thanks! Exactly what I needed. So for my A, the monitor will show battery level, and have a switch for the fresh water pump? (no hot water, no gray or black tank)
I don't know if they use the same panel - I haven't seen a tankless panel without hot water, but you can either email them or call & ask. They are good about getting back with answers.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:43 AM   #5

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
Barbara,
On our 2015 17A, we have a solar controller/monitor above the sink between the two long upper cabinet doors. We have the fresh water pump switch (white) just below counter height on the facing in front of the sink.
The little black item just below the dinette seat is the EMS system remote monitor.
We have no other monitors, because we have no hot water heater or tank.
Attached Thumbnails
9-10-15--095.jpg  
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:20 PM   #6

Thanks, Don. Because I'm having no gray/black tank, I am not sure if my battery monitor will be above the stove as in the picture on the ETI site, or like yours, on the bench. My solar port will be installed, but nothing else, so I think I'll need to mount the controller myself.

As always, thanks to all for the assistance.