Low cost water pump cigarette lighter or 110 v. - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-26-2017, 10:37 PM   #21

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
do folks think this would be a good funnel?

https://www.amazon.com/Majic-Gasolin...dp/B00RTLUPVC/
Good with the flexible end . That is what we have . One of us holds the funnel while the other pours . When the containers are pretty empty we carry those over and pour into the funnel . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 10:38 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fulica View Post
We use a funnel very similar to that. Dian holds it while I pour.
That's the way to do it . We do the same . Pat
Old 11-27-2017, 05:57 AM   #23

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I have similar, I hang it from a hook in the fridge vent, makes it a one person job. Mine has a screen in it, works faster with it removed.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:49 AM   #24

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I have the large Reliance containers ( well one for the trailer ). It sits on the picnic table, which is our outdoor kitchen. Used to fill the dishpan for washing up, pots for boiling potatoes, etc.
I've never manually transferred water to the fresh water tank, and I've never run out.
I like the square shape of the large Reliance too. With our outdoor tap we use the convenience of the water heater more now, as opposed to often just heating a pot on the stove, and a lot of days can see the main tank run low.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 08:23 AM   #25

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
The Reliance 5 gallon container we have came with a spigot that can screw into the cap. The cap has pipe threads in the hole for that spigot. I made a male NPT to male hose thread adapter, (similar to that Amazon one) and a 12" long clear flexible hose. With the adapter screwed into the lid and the hose attached it is fairly easy to push the hose into the Escape's fresh water inlet and put those 5 gallons into the fresh tank.

I use the same short hose attached to the RV water filter whenever we are filling the fresh tank from a spigot.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 05:09 PM   #26

low cost water pump cigarette lighter or 110 v.

Saw this on a new Oliver . He hooked up to his trailer and the pump inside draws the water from his container . Can we do something like this ? Pat
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0818.jpg  
Old 11-27-2017, 05:43 PM   #27

I suppose you could use the pump same way as the winterizer. I'd bypass the onboard water tank and draw from whatever you stick the hose in.
Old 11-27-2017, 05:52 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
I suppose you could use the pump same way as the winterizer. I'd bypass the onboard water tank and draw from whatever you stick the hose in.
I think he told me his wife liked her showers. so it is still hooked to water tank i think and it can draw from his container , . When you look at the picture you can see a hose connector he connects to / Pat
Old 11-27-2017, 06:17 PM   #29

The only mention I see on their website is "standard remote fresh water refill abilities", you'd need to ask an owner what that amounts to. Maybe over on the fiberglass rv forum.
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/
Old 11-27-2017, 07:14 PM   #30

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
We have two new Oliver’s coming to Scamp Camp SW. I’ll ask about this.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 07:49 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
We have two new Oliver’s coming to Scamp Camp SW. I’ll ask about this.
Thankyou Greg . That would sure be cool if we understood how it works and could retro fit our trailers . Pat
Old 11-27-2017, 08:22 PM   #32

Someone at one point had figured out the valve requirements to get get their winterizing hose to fill the water tank, may well not have been on this forum though.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:41 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Someone at one point had figured out the valve requirements to get get their winterizing hose to fill the water tank, may well not have been on this forum though.
I am hoping to have the connection like Oliver has as soon as we get a understanding how it works . Pat
Old 11-27-2017, 09:52 PM   #34

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Saw this on a new Oliver . He hooked up to his trailer and the pump inside draws the water from his container . Can we do something like this ? Pat
Pat: Anything can be done, but this requires an array of valves to accomplish (and the space for it all). Depending on valve positions the Oliver configuration allows the single pump to fill the onboard tank from a tank connected to the rear inlet or it can be used to pressurize all lines from the external tank just like it would from the onboard tank. They can also winterize with antifreeze with the rear inlet. See page 102 of the Oliver Owner’s Manual for the schematic. Wish Escape had these.

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/wp-...-7-14-2017.pdf

Notice that in the Oliver setup they intersect with the normal tank fill line. This requires the use of a check valve on this line. Given the type of fill line used on Escapes this may not be very practical to add. The only other option would be a new connection into the fresh water tank directly.
Attached Thumbnails
DF652BB0-B89D-4050-977D-880340092053.jpg  
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 10:24 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Pat: Anything can be done, but this requires an array of valves to accomplish (and the space for it all). Depending on valve positions the Oliver configuration allows the single pump to fill the onboard tank from a tank connected to the rear inlet or it can be used to pressurize all lines from the external tank just like it would from the onboard tank. They can also winterize with antifreeze with the rear inlet. See page 102 of the Oliver Owner’s Manual for the schematic. Wish Escape had these.

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/wp-...-7-14-2017.pdf

Notice that in the Oliver setup they intersect with the normal tank fill line. This requires the use of a check valve on this line. Given the type of fill line used on Escapes this may not be very practical to add. The only other option would be a new connection into the fresh water tank directly.
Thankyou DAVE I knew someone knew the answer . When are you going to do this modification ? Pat
Old 11-27-2017, 10:50 PM   #36

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Thankyou DAVE I knew someone knew the answer . When are you going to do this modification ? Pat
Pat: I just wanted to figure out how it works. Not doing it myself. This seems to add much more complication to the plumbing for very little value (for me). As Padlin suggested it is probably easiest to simply drop an extended “winterizing” tube through the bottom of the trailer and use the onboard pump to draw from a container/tank. Won’t fill the fresh water tank too but why do you need it if you are already pulling from the auxiliary tank or can just pour it in?
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 11:12 PM   #37

Quote:
Pat: I just wanted to figure out how it works. Not doing it myself. This seems to add much more complication to the plumbing for very little value (for me). As Padlin suggested it is probably easiest to simply drop an extended “winterizing” tube through the bottom of the trailer and use the onboard pump to draw from a container/tank. Won’t fill the fresh water tank too but why do you need it if you are already pulling from the auxiliary tank or can just pour it in?
Dave never needed to winterize not even once . Guess I'll just keep pouring water into a too small tank . 20 gal . Had 35 in camper . I am spoiled I guess . Didn't think it was too complicated .Sorry . Pat
Old 11-27-2017, 11:33 PM   #38

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Pat: Anything can be done, but this requires an array of valves to accomplish (and the space for it all). Depending on valve positions the Oliver configuration allows the single pump to fill the onboard tank from a tank connected to the rear inlet or it can be used to pressurize all lines from the external tank just like it would from the onboard tank. They can also winterize with antifreeze with the rear inlet.
Thanks for the description and photo.

For that functionality, it would be a tidier and easier-to-follow installation if they used just two 3-way diverter valves - one at the pump suction and one at the pump discharge - instead of four separate valves.

Quote:
The diagram in the Oliver manual indicates that the pump suction can be connected to either the Rear Inlet or to a "Bottom Drain" connection to the tank (via the line labelled "TANK"). The pump discharge can be connected to supply the trailer (via the line labelled "FAUCETS") or to a separate "Top Fill" connection to the tank (via the line labelled "TANK FILL")

Oliver apparently provides a separate "Fresh Tank Fill Inlet" connection of the same style as the "City Water Inlet"; since this fill inlet is pressurized by the pump during pumped-fill operation, it needs a check valve. In an Escape, one could just leave the existing tank fill port alone, and not have any concerns with check valves even if adding the pumped filling or pumping for direct use from the Rear Inlet. According to the diagram, the Oliver Rear Inlet is never pressurized and is controlled by valves, so it does not need a check valve; the Rear Inlet is (as others have mentioned) functionally the same as a winterizing tee.

Some RVs fill the tank only through the city water connection. My motorhome is done this way and uses a diverter valve to manage the flow paths... but it only has one diverter valve, so it is not capable of using the RV's pump to fill the tank from an external container.

The Oliver setup also allows filling the tank from the City Water Inlet, and this requires opening both of the valves at the pump discharge, which is why they could not use a diverter valve in this location.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 11:36 PM   #39

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Well, you could have two pumps, one to fill the fresh water tank and one to draw from the fresh water tank, but that would take us back to post #1.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:57 PM   #40

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Won’t fill the fresh water tank too but why do you need it if you are already pulling from the auxiliary tank or can just pour it in?
Perhaps because it is physically difficult to lift water jugs and pour it in?
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote